DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

Please tell me I'm not the only one who wants to see the 8-man tag. That looks like fun.

Really, that should be the opener. A lot of the go go go that 8-mans offer plus Cass and Enzo's entrance would be perfect. Especially in NYC. The most thunderous HOW YOU DOIN chant you've ever heard or your money back.

Sasha/Bayley build was just fantastic by far the match I'm looking forward to most the entire weekend.

Owens heeling on the crowd was great, and that promo finally got me interested in the match. Corbin showed some good intensity I hope he keeps that up.

I think it's a Greek thing. Trish was never hotter than when she turned on Jericho for Christian.

Bayley was so perfect in that opening segment, but nothing tops the boss having a stamp signature.

I really think the Dash/Wilder/Jordan/Gable group could be amazing.

That Sasha/Bayley segment was amazing to watch. Both Bayley and Sasha are just wonderful with the acting/character part of the game. Sasha was so epic playing the badass and knowing what buttons to hit -- "There's a reason why I'm on Raw and Smackdown." I also loved how she used that little Bayley superfan for heat. Telling a child her hero is a failure will always be something that warms the darkest corner of by black heart. A+.

But Bayley was so great at showing innocent and vulnerability. How many times growing up did pipsqueak kids get some shred of confidence only to have someone try and take it away from them? Wrestling works best when the archetypes these characters play represent a part of the audience. The audience then gets to live vicariously -- Daniel Bryan and Sami Zayb being those two best examples in recent vintage. Bayley has that unique gift to play that role. She showed herself as so vulnerable and innocent when Sasha was lipping off. And when The Boss finally thought she put her in check, Bayley stood up for herself one more time. I love the announcers pointing out how that was a few years worth of anger for Bayley coming out -- constantly getting turned on, having the rug pulled out from her, never quite being able to win the big one, etc.

Just an awesome segment.

• Like 2

Bayley has the best facial expressions.

Sasha says Bayley isn't as good as she is, and Bayley gets that one face she does where you can see her questioning her self-confidence. The crowd chants that Bayley is better than Sasha in response, and Bayley has that other face where you can see her thinking, "Wait, maybe I can do this!"

Sasha did a good job of raising the stakes on her end. I desperately want Bayley to win this weekend.

Tyler Breeze won with his signature set-up move instead of his finisher. Maybe I'll start to believe that it can get the job done on near-falls. 

EDIT: "Madam, you would be wise not to exploit your female privilege and stay down there" is the funniest thing said on WWE television this year, non-New Day division. 

DOUBLE EDIT: Nope, Kevin Owens shitting on the Full Sail crowd has now taken that spot. Laughed 'til I cried. 

Kevin Owens is the best promo guy in the company and it's not even close. That closing segment was great. I really hope Owens wins the NXT Title at Takeover and just stays away from the main roster. Fuck the main roster if the writing staff, or Dunn, or Vince don't see Owens' value.

Bayley attacking Sasha was awesome too.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who wants to see the 8-man tag. That looks like fun.

Really, that should be the opener. A lot of the go go go that 8-mans offer plus Cass and Enzo's entrance would be perfect. Especially in NYC. The most thunderous HOW YOU DOIN chant you've ever heard or your money back.

I would hope Enzo and Cass get a victory because something tells me that Carmella isn't going to be so lucky against Eva Marie.  

Owens called the Full Sail fans the "John Cena of wrestling fans" is the greatest thing ever.  Those fans need to be dropped about 20 pegs and Owens would definitely be the guy forit.

I think it's a Greek thing. Trish was never hotter than when she turned on Jericho for Christian.

I'm going to have to look this up.  If Alexa is Greek I'm going to be a super happy guy.  First Trish, then Alexa?  Hell, yeah, man, it's nice to be Greek sometimes.

Absolutely loved the Bayley/Sasha segment.  Greggulator's been on fire with his breakdown of the women's segments and this was no exception.  Bayley and Sasha deserve every bit of praise they get.  I'm trying not to raise expectations and believe Bayley's going to win.  But given the build and where Sasha's at now it's really hard to think there's any other result that could or should happen.

And good on Owens to tear the crowd a new one.  I actually like the crowd for the most part, but booing Brooklyn was not going to end well for them.  And for once he actually got a straight heel reaction from them that was missing since he debuted.

Rollins was the champ, he's got to count as a NXT guy/success.

I don't count him because his main roster slot was a completely different gimmick than what he was doing in NXT.  Realistically, I shouldn't have counted Big E. either because he went from lovable big dude who demands a 5-count to quiet, menacing bodyguard.

Owens calling the crowd "the John Cena of wrestling fans" was definitely expert-level trolling, but Sasha saying "There's a reason Takeover's in Brooklyn and not here" out of the blue was much more subtly harsh.

Sasha and Bayley's segment was really good. There was the Brooklyn comment and "Bayley Wayley" (which I found hilarious for some reason), and the way the whole thing escalated was beautiful. A lesser angle would've stopped after Bayley's cheesy promo, a good angle would've ended with Bayley left trying not to cry in the ring after Sasha's brutal smackdown, but going all the way to Bayley trying not to cry while being held back by the refs after her impotent rage sneak attack was the best. I can't say I've been too invested in Bayley, but this promo alone made the match mean something to me.

I don't get the hate for the Full Sail crowd (except for when Mojo had his huge cheering section on camera).  Are they smarky?  Yep, but they add something fun to the show in my opinion.  I like the fact they're glass half-full rather than glass half-empty.  Where else would a majority of people shout down people trying to start a "Leo Kruger" chant at Adam Rose.

• Like 2