DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

Neither Joe nor Owens are "fat", like myself, they are men of substance! Yeah, that's the ticket... Men of substance!

we are all men of substance.  It is just the substance in question might be originating from fast food restaurants and bars   :P

Neither Joe nor Owens are "fat", like myself, they are men of substance! Yeah, that's the ticket... Men of substance!

we are all men of substance.  It is just the substance in question might be originating from fast food restaurants and bars   :P

I've lost 60 pounds. I've lost substance...

Fuck...

#blamekevindunn

I don't see how Bo Dallas is an NXT success.

I would say most of those Homeruns are more like Doubles too.  Here is how I would list it:

Doubles:

Owens

Harper

Wyatt 

Rusev

Successes:

Neville

Paige

Woods

Big E

You don't think a guy who can capably main-event Raw either on his own or in a team; an Intercontinental champion; a guy who you can plug into main event matches either on his own or in a team; another guy who can main-event Raw on his own; a small guy who can still believably face the world champion; a multi-time Diva's champion; a tag team champion; and a IC champion/tag team champion are home runs?  Because you and I then have very different definitions of home-runs. All of Rusev, Wyatt and Owens can be plugged into main event feuds and headline PPVs if need be.  To me, those are easy home runs.  All of Harper, Paige, Woods, Big E and Neville have shown the capability to handle big programs/feuds and have lengthy competive/entertaining mathces.  Again, those are home runs to me.  I know none of these guys are John Cena, or even Randy Orton yet.  But they already have a John Cena and a Randy Orton and there's no need to rush it.

Is there any reason people neglect Rollins, Ambrose, Reigns, and Big E when talking about NXT success stories? Or are we just talking post-network here? Yeah I know most of their developmental time was under the FCW banner, but for all intents and purposes it was the same system that's in place now, just in its infancy.

Big E is more of a solid single in baseball terms, but the Shield guys are all varying lengths of home runs.

Considering Owens is about to main event a show that legit sold out an NBA arena, I'd say calling him a "double" is under-selling him just a tad.

Is it Owens or is it the brand/weekend? I'm not so sure. It's not like Owens vs Cena saw a surge in WWE house show attendance.

I'm not really sure what people are crediting here either. The developmental aspect of developmental in getting guys ready or the exposure itself on NXT?

I'm still confused why Enzo and Cass didn't get the title match (and title switch) for the Brooklyn Takeover show. Seemed like the most obvious thing they could have booked.

Getting Bliss over was more of a priority? And/Or they're about to debut so they didn't want to put the belts on them just to take the belts off when they move up.

If this was a murder mystery, there would only be three possibilites as to who the anti-Bliss equalizer would be.

1) Blue Pants

2) Enzo/Cass/Carmella

3) Bull Dempsey in a wig

Nothing else is fair game.

Shaul Guerrero

Best guess so far, aren't Shaul & Aiden English engaged?

If this was a murder mystery, there would only be three possibilites as to who the anti-Bliss equalizer would be.

1) Blue Pants

2) Enzo/Cass/Carmella

3) Bull Dempsey in a wig

Nothing else is fair game.

Shaul Guerrero

Best guess so far, aren't Shaul & Aiden English engaged?

Yep