DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

Yeah - it's clear that they will have some main roster talent in the thing

And it totally does explain that random Tyler Breeze tag match from the last tapings

So how will the Takeover shows work now? Basically, for any WM, Summerslam, Survivor Series and Royal Rumble they'll do a Takeover at an arena in the same town?

I'm basically just trying to figure out if there's any chance in hell for a big NXT show at the Allstate Arena.

I dont remember if i said it here, but regal having one more match in blackpool would be amazing.

You know there's only way this ends right? Regal taking a pop-up apron powerbomb

Given Regals neck issues, i could do without seeing that. I'd rather just see him have a dark match with Brookside or Smiley. :)

Apparently they taped the first match in the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team dealie and it features big NXT names

Finn Balor and Samoa Joe over the Lucha Dragons

Enzo and Cass with that pop, damn. 

Chad Gable's creative cheating and cut-off spots were great. That dude screams megastar every time he's on screen. I also love Big Cass as hot tag. He's really fantastic in that role. This was a really fun opener. 

Enjoyed that package on Emma which filled in quite nicely any first-time viewers to NXT that caught the TakeOver show and want to start watching weekly.

BOO, BECKY LYNCH'S TERRIBLE, YET CHARMING PUNS. BOO, I SAY. BOO. 

Eva Marie is just totally lacking personality. There is absolutely nothing interesting about her. If she were a good worker, maybe there would be something there, but of course, she'll never be better than passable. I genuinely don't get why anyone would think that she's a star. Her ceiling is "slightly-improved Candice Michelle." This match was fine, actually, but the crowd shit all over Eva Marie. I mean, you can still see the gears turning in Eva's head, and she could work on making her moves have more impact, but at least she was doing heelish shit-talking and stuff. Carmella looked better than she has, too, even though she's still not good. 

Dana Brooke re-tweeting nice comments about her was really funny. I'm just going to say it - I like Dana Brooke. There. 

Bayley's crazy frazzled wrestling hair is awesome. She looked like she had been through a war, and I think like half of that was the hair! 

Corbin/Rhyno vs. The Ascension is either going to be either incredibly terrible or surprisingly fun. I hope it turns into a wild brawl and lots of great punches are thrown. 

Owens looked real beat up after that ladder match, too. Also, the door closed on Kevin Owens in NXT literally! Also metaphorically! 

Smilin', fit Bull Dempsey is entertaining. 

Apollo Crews is like Chad Gable in that he screams megastar when he's on screen. He seems impossible to screw up. 

Yeah, Alexa Bliss has hit her stride now as a talker. 

Fourway was fun and worked like a tornado tag in parts of it, which reminds me that this company desperately needs to run more tornado tags. I bet Ambrose/Reigns vs. Harper/Wyatt would produce an awesome tornado tag, for example. Dana being like "I saved" you and making peace with Emma, stopping to let the crowd know that she didn't suck in the middle of a "DA-NA SUCKS" chant, turning on Emma after the handshake, and then getting ambushed by Charlotte was my favorite part of this match. Well, that and Becky forgetting to kick out. Emma was like "WTF? Oh shit, celebrate! Celebrate! Nothing's wrong here!" Then Charlotte "won," but really she just looked like a sore loser.  

I have to say that, taken along with the 2:20 main NXT TakeOver show, this crowd was basically hot for three-and-a-half, nearly four hours straight. Put this up against the four hours of Summerslam and you have a great comparison of a truly hot product versus a lukewarm one with workers that the crowd likes, but that is killed by inept booking. 

HHH has made a note to say that it's a lot easier to write for and book an hour a week and a PPV-level show every three months than it is to book the hours of television + a monthly PPV when asked about NXT being higher in quality. MattD is a person who I really respect, and (forgive me if I accidentally misrepresent your position, Matt) he says that the biggest factor in NXT seeming so high-quality is essentially that it has a massive advantage in this area that makes it easier to book programs properly.

However, I just can't buy this as a big reason of the gap between NXT and the main shows. If NXT can do a two-minute video package to explain Emma (and three others to explain Becky Lynch, Charlotte, and Dana Brooke) to an audience in a creative way, why can't the main shows do more of this?

Another thing that comes to mind: If NXT can book a big show where the faces actually win when they should, why can't the main shows? There was no dumb booking to have the hot hometown guy lose, for example. Enzo got the pinfall. Common sense. Most of the difference comes down to booking decisions that sit apart from having to fill television. Bookers have to put the right guy over when it comes down to it, not kill pushes for seemingly no reason, have a person who looks to be ascending cooled off with loss after loss, etc. 

• Like 1

That 8 man tag was perfect. Still need to watch the main.  Everything in between served it's purpose.  Even Carmella/Eva was inoffensive.

I'm not sure if this show really needed to be 90 minutes though.  Some of the packages felt like filler, but I enjoyed the post match promos.

However, I just can't buy this as a big reason of the gap between NXT and the main shows. If NXT can do a two-minute video package to explain Emma (and three others to explain Becky Lynch, Charlotte, and Dana Brooke) to an audience in a creative way, why can't the main shows do more of this?

They have with Charlotte, Sasha, & Becky. Honestly though it is a problem with the main show. Its still ridiculous how many backstage segments and small interviews they will put up on youtube or the wwe website yet never air on tv.

They have with Charlotte, Sasha, & Becky. Honestly though it is a problem with the main show. Its still ridiculous how many backstage segments and small interviews they will put up on youtube or the wwe website yet never air on tv.

Yeah, I noted that they played the Bayley interview that was also posted online on this NXT show. They should try that with the main shows. I wonder if they'll show the New Day/Michael Cole sit-down interview that was posted here on RAW or Smackdown, for example. 

That 8 man tag was perfect. Still need to watch the main.  Everything in between served it's purpose.  Even Carmella/Eva was inoffensive.

I'm not sure if this show really needed to be 90 minutes though.  Some of the packages felt like filler, but I enjoyed the post match promos.

They might have been filler, but if Takeover was someones first NXT show and they decided to tune in, those packages made everyone's intentions perfectly clear and basically caught you up with everything that's going on.  And even though I've seen them all a bunch of times, I still wasn't finding myself fast forwarding through them cause they're just done so well.

Dark Angel appears to be WWE bound. I Know she helped out in NXT earlier this year, but it looks like her hanging it up Mexico means something a bit more permanent. With Eva Marie so content on doing high flying moves, it makes sense that WWE bring in someone who actually knows lucha and who can train Eva Marie (and the others) properly so she doesn't kill herself/others in the ring. The WWE Divas style post Sable merged into this weird quasi-lucha style and none of the women made it believible or even slightly entertaining. If Sarah can mold Eva Marie into something even slightly half as good as Sarah is...then it will be something special. Nothing solid as of yet, but I am excited. I hope her and Kanna are able to have matches against each other as well as with some of the girls who REALLY need it. Bayley and Bliss (for the most part) are there. But if WWE is serious with Dana, she is going to need some good-competent wrestlers working with her to get better.

That Eva Marie/Carmella match is one of the best bad wrestling matches in years. Just absolutely perverse entertainment. It really made me long for the days of when WCW would have something like 60 hours of programming to fill a week and they'd just toss out random dudes who look like they never wrestled before. Like Thunder and Lightning vs. Cole Twins. Say what you want about the WWE, but the worst matches are usually at least competent. Maybe someone misses a move. I mean, I hated the WWE Divas division more than anyone but I don't remember anything this awful in years.

The armbar/ab stretch this Eva had on Carmella was WONDERFUL. All Carmella had to do to get out of the hold was move like one inch. If that. Carmella's still green as all get out so I can see why she wouldn't think to just call for something else. Just so great.

I really hope this was some sort of troll job.