DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

She seems to have toned it down a bit but Carmella always sounded like you do when you're making fun of someone with a heavy or exaggerated New York/New Jersey accent. She definitely would have benefited more from turning on Enzo & Cass and aligning herself with Blake/Murphy.

I love Alexa in her spot but based on how well she's done so far, she would have found a way to get over.

Bring in Bobby Dempsey to be Bull's training partner.

It needs Tank Toland and somebody to try to be half as great as Larry Sweeney was.

If only they had Sara Del Rey under contract...

Another thing Eva Marie has going against her is what she represents. Its what people fear/ed NXT would turn into and that's a breeding ground for future Divas wrestling the 'Divas Style' of wrestling. Bayley, Sasha, Paige, Charlotte, Emma, and Becky showed everyone that women in WWE can actually work. People want to see more of that. Eva Marie is going in the complete opposite direction. Aside from Emma, Alexa, and Bayley, there are no more good women workers in NXT, which is why I really hope Stock and Kanna come in to help keep things rolling because if Eva, Carmella, and Dana working against each other primarily (as let's face it- Alexa is busy with Blake and Murphy), there is going to be a serve drop in quality and all the good will built up over the last 2 years or so will go away as people lose faith in the product and conspiracy theories abound about Vince/Dunn now having a heavy hand in NXT - specifically the women.

Carmella is right where she should be at the bottom of the totem pole and rarely winning. Eva is getting a push that the fans perceive to be coming straight from Stamford headquarters. It's not hard to figure out why she's getting more heat.

I find it amusing that NXT is doing more to get a main roster storyline over than the main roster is. Pouty Alexa is so dang hot, and Evil Emma is getting ridiculously hotter by the week(ok enough perving out for now).

Any word on Itami's return? I was thinking there was a chance we'd see him at the end of the ladder match. I mean an injured shoulder isn't going to stop him from kicking someone's head off. Hopefully he can at least make the December Takeover.

Bring in Bobby Dempsey to be Bull's training partner.

It needs Tank Toland and somebody to try to be half as great as Larry Sweeney was.

If only they had Sara Del Rey under contract...
I didn't forget about Sara. Sara was a strange case in Sweet & Sour. Initially, she was sympathetic toward Bobby and would even sneak him candy bars, but then without any explanation, she started to abuse him like the rest of S&S. I love SDR as much as the next, but she doesn't have the charisma to pull it off like Sweeney did.

Just re-watched Bayley/Sasha from the special. Offhand, I can't think of a more satisfying payoff to a story on WWE television since Foley beating the Rock in Worcester. MAYBE Daniel Bryan at Mania 30. I'm not super into women's wrestling, but Bayley's road to self-respect is maybe the most captivating storyline I can remember. Kudos to both girls for backing it up in the ring.

The Four Horsewomen could very well be like some darling mid-major college basketball team that comes together fantastically well, gets ranked in the Top 10, and ends up in the Elite 8 or Sweet 16 and nearly knocks off Kentucky or whoever. Then the players graduate and the coach gets hired by some SEC team and ends up announcing random games on MSG in four years.

It could just be they had an incredible amount of talent who all came together magically well at the same time and pushed each other. I mean, they really could have ended up with the four best WWE women's wrestlers of all-time. It's likely they did, actually. A lot of that comes from having an awesome training center and Sara and everyone else. But a lot of it just comes from people with natural talent. I'm assuming Dana Brooke and Carmella and Nia Jax are working their asses off to get better. But they might not have the same aptitude as The Horsewomen. And also, it takes a lot of really good wrestlers time to click and figure out what works best for them and why.

I can't remember if they announced this back when they announced the tour but Triple H just tweeted that the NXT London show will be shown live on the Network (12/16)

Just re-watched Bayley/Sasha from the special. Offhand, I can't think of a more satisfying payoff to a story on WWE television since Foley beating the Rock in Worcester. MAYBE Daniel Bryan at Mania 30. I'm not super into women's wrestling, but Bayley's road to self-respect is maybe the most captivating storyline I can remember. Kudos to both girls for backing it up in the ring.

Was trying to post some long-ass paragraph about this, but due to work for the sake of time I'll put it like this:

Bryan's win was special largely because of what he went through before WWE.  The fact he overcame the BS angles they put him through (plus some pure luck) definitely helped.  That, and his ride to the top was not smooth with all that Authority shit.

Bayley's rise was more emotionally rewarding.  Greggulator's better at explaining the hows and whys of it, but her rise from goofy fan-girl who loved robots to champion was very special.  In the process she earned respect from three formerly bitchy women and earned a massive following with kids and adults alike.  With the stories and twists and turns she had to go through it was an amazing ride.  Yeah, I was ecstatic for Bryan's win, but with Bayley there was that extra special something that really put it over the top.

As for the four-way match last night, felt bad for Becky, you could see the frustration on her face.  But they did what they could to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

That was my section.  Look for me, I'm a big guy in a yellow shirt near an exit. :)

I, for one, cannot wait for Becky, Charlotte, and Sasha to all get sick of their assigned teams, unite and obliterate everyone else on the main roster.  And then when the Total Divas/Bellas, the most dangerous one of all, the one who's beaten them all, the true leader shows up.

*Flailing Arm Tube Men*

In the grand scheme, Gable is a newer guy that got pinned by the #2 guy on the face team. It's not the worst thing to happen, and recovering from a pin in NXT isn't that rough.

They've pretty much sold out the 12,500 capacity arena in the UK this morning for the Takeover special there in December.

They have it set up for far less though. One end and parts of the two sides are out. I heard the upper decks weren't being used either, but apparently now they are selling tickets for them. Don't know if I heard wrong initially or if they've opened them up after selling out the lowers.

Watched NXT. Holy shit, Eva is fucking horrible. As bad as Dana is, Eva is worse. She should be on MTVs The Challenge, not WWE.

I'll admit, I've only seen her wrestle once before, but my God, she's just the worst. THE WORST. Thinking and talking about Eva makes me feel like Peter Caine...if anyone knows who that is or listens to the Your Mom's House Podcast.

• Like 1