DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

The worst part is the wardrobe team did great with her and her look. But that might be because I'm a mark for ring robes

The robe is great. The actual wrestling gear would make a stripper blush. Fuck, put the girls away and learn to work a match. If I want to see fake boobs and a dead stare, I have the internet.

Eva, not even once.

"Not Eva once" was RIGHT THERE

• Like 1

The worst part is the wardrobe team did great with her and her look. But that might be because I'm a mark for ring robes

The robe is great. The actual wrestling gear would make a stripper blush. Fuck, put the girls away and learn to work a match. If I want to see fake boobs and a dead stare, I have the internet.

Eva, not even once.

"Not Eva once" was RIGHT THERE

Trying to do a radio show and post at the same. I used up my clever....

#blamekevindunn

• Like 1

Who knows, maybe Eva will turn into a super worker like the other girls when she gets to practice the same match over and over before a big show, then when she gets on RAW she can mess up simple spots, forget to kick out of pins, and forget how to apply her finishing hold.  #divarevolution....fuck that, more like #EVArevolution!!!!!

• Like 1

Who knows, maybe Eva will turn into a super worker like the other girls when she gets to practice the same match over and over before a big show, then when she gets on RAW she can mess up simple spots, forget to kick out of pins, and forget how to apply her finishing hold. #divarevolution....fuck that, more like #EVArevolution!!!!!

Why did you have to slam the cage door on poor Fowler's head like that?

Who knows, maybe Eva will turn into a super worker like the other girls when she gets to practice the same match over and over before a big show, then when she gets on RAW she can mess up simple spots, forget to kick out of pins, and forget how to apply her finishing hold. #divarevolution....fuck that, more like #EVArevolution!!!!!

Huh?

Huh?

Don't do too much staggering around kid, it's hammy, just fall and sell.

• Like 3

The WWE announced that Baron Corbin/Rhyno will take on Ascension on Wed as part of the Dusty Rhodes tournament

They also announced that Neville will be in it but didnt say who his partner would be

The Ascension have to be getting squashed in this,right? Konnor eats a gore and Victor gets the end of days.

Corbin teaming with Rhyno, but being billed as The Lone Wolf makes me think of the scene from Airheads when Joe Mantegna tries to explain to Brendan Fraser that his band shouldn't be called the Lone Rangers because there's three of them, so they're not exactly lone.

• Like 3

I'm legitimately lost here.

There's been a lot of argument lately about Sasha/Becky/Charlotte/Bayley/etc. having such good matches in NXT because they're deeply scripted and they have weeks to rehearse it, which would, in part, explain why the main roster matches, even when given time, aren't as good, and that it's smoke and mirrors making them seem as good on the idea that with that amount of time and practice, inexperienced wrestlers can do that sort of thing. 

Mr. Shunna was cruelly dropping that into this thread.

I'm legitimately lost here.

There's been a lot of argument lately about Sasha/Becky/Charlotte/Bayley/etc. having such good matches in NXT because they're deeply scripted and they have weeks to rehearse it, which would, in part, explain why the main roster matches, even when given time, aren't as good, and that it's smoke and mirrors making them seem as good on the idea that with that amount of time and practice, inexperienced wrestlers can do that sort of thing. 

Mr. Shunna was cruelly dropping that into this thread.

Don't most main roster wrestlers use house shows the "rehearse" their PPV matches?

The WWE announced that Baron Corbin/Rhyno will take on Ascension on Wed as part of the Dusty Rhodes tournament

They also announced that Neville will be in it but didnt say who his partner would be

I think Crowe is Neville's partner.

Not to mention some guys like DDP being known to meticulously script matches, which is why he got so much out of Goldberg.

And regardless, you still have to sell it all and draw the crowd in. Execution matters more than outline to everyone that isn't the IWC.

It's not my opinion but he was poisoning the well by introducing it. I don't care a whole lot about execution, but I do care about the wrestlers presenting a sense of understanding of why they're doing what they're doing, and for the most part that match had it in a big way.

Wrestling is theater.

There is not one theater in the world, aside from your local shitty improv one, where performers don't rehearse non-stop to hone every single bit of the performance. It's the same with stand-up comedy. Performers might find something along the way when developing a bit, and might even alter something they "discover" in the actual performance, but 98 to 99% of what you see on a stage has been rehearsed to perfection.

I watch the end product. I want the end product to be good. I don't get to hear wrestlers plan out matches with agents or call spots in the ring. I don't care how they get to a match. I just want to see the match become an entertaining product.

• Like 1

Yeah, the end justifies the means as far as I'm concerned. I suppose the issue in that doing more than anything else is that it sets expectations higher than they're able to provide on a weekly basis in WWE, which is where we're getting matches with a blown finish or just flat out average stuff. Once they splinter the groups off it'll be easier to do the usual house show in throughs, and with so many smart fans attending the PPVs a major singles match could still hit NXT levels, but there will be more of a transition than people expected, for sure.

The reason the main roster matches haven't been as good so far is do to shitty workers being in them. When Sasha and Charlotte and Sasha and Becky start having bad singles matches with each other then I'll buy into some of that "they don't get to rehearse as much" line of thinking.

It's a damn shame these girls get called "up" and have such a small amount of talent to work with. On the male side they have at least two dozen terrific workers that can make any call up look good in a given week.

Wasn't it known beforehand that Sasha and Nikki would be fighting on RAW?  They had at least a few days to a week to work something out and probably did but Nikki can't keep up.  It's that simple.

Again - to be fair - Nikki has been working the last few weeks hurt

So it isn't that "simple"

(That isn't to say future matches won't be shitty but to dismiss a one off where one worker is hurt is silly)

And the SASHA/BAYLEY SUCKED BECAUSE THEY PRACTICED IT!!!! bullshit is one of the dumbest things going today.

None of you fuckers bitched when Undertaker practiced his Mania matches forever.

TAKER! MICHAELS! MANIA! JIZZ! JIZZ! JIZZ!!!

• Like 3