DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

You guys are crazy. If one of them breaks out it's going to be Eva.   Enjoyable show overall. I love the Brainbusters jackets and Enzo and Cass are going to be great if they are indeed getting called up to the main roster.

If you're the Eva Marie of the board, me being Ottman sounds about right.

Both clumsy.

When Eva walks out she looks like a wrestler. She's not there yet. Not even close. But she has that presence. Carmella looks like she's playing wrestler.

Completely disagree. Eva's blank stare does nothing for her. She looks bored and unsure of herself while coming to the ring. The flamboyant robe does not clash well with the dead look in her eyes. She LOOKS like a superstar, but doesn't fully give off that look and everything rings hollow. Again, I am not sure if its a balancing act, but she differently doesn't look comfortable and I don't know how that can be argued at this point. Everything about her at this point is feels forced.

Okay, what does Carmella do well?  How much actual in-ring training has Eva had?  My original point was that the crowds are shitting on Eva before the match even starts but we're going to pretend Carmella is better?  Why, because she's not linked to being a McMahon favorite?  I haven't seen anything out of Carmella that places her above Eva Marie on this NXT roster.  They are right at the bottom.

"Well" or "better than Eva"?

Because your weird insistence to the contrary aside, Eva has NOTHING going for her other than looks and Total Divas .

Carmella plays a character better, (by which I mean she plays a character at all,) she talks better, (by which I mean she talks in a human voice,) and she wrestles like someone with ten times as much experience as Eva Marie, (which, to be fair, she is.)

Carmella's execution isn't crisp. Eva Marie visibly has to think over everything she does in the ring. Carmella doesn't really grasp psychology. Eva Marie doesn't really grasp selling. Carmella is best when being led through a match. Eva Marie is best when being led through a cheesy total divas plotline.

• Like 1

I am at the point where I think Niners is doing a bit now.

Anyway - I think the only "box" left they need to check with trainers would be to get someone from Japan to help the transitions for those coming from the Far East. I don't want to suggest Liger since I never want him to stop wrestling so how about Kaz Hayashi. Mutoh can't be paying him THAT well

Linda Miles was renamed Shaniqua, so...yeah, that was a miss. 

During my last year of law school, I went to Smackdown with one of the assistant deans and his son.  He (the dean) was relatively low key all night, and then popped like mad when Shaniqua came out with the... Bashams was it?  I think that's the only reason I remember her as a diva.

When Eva walks out she looks like a wrestler. She's not there yet. Not even close. But she has that presence. Carmella looks like she's playing wrestler.

I am now angry with you, because you're forcing me to agree with Cibernetico about divas.  But yeah, Eva wrestles like she is trying to impress Booker T, Billy Gunn, and Lita.  Carmella is green, but she has personality, and the greenness is basically in character, so it stands out less with her than with someone expected to be the future of the WWE Divas division.

• Like 1

So one again Big Cass is only stopped by interference and is still the most indestructible person on the roster. For as much as people complain about Corbin winning in 30 seconds, Cass still dominates when he's in the ring only instead of jobbers he does it against the now former tag champs or in this case The Mechanics and the WGTT 2.0. I eagerly await the day Cass mentions that his only losses came about when he wanted to let his friend get the glory (Vs. Blake/Murphy) or when he was concerned for his other friend (When Alexa attack Carmella and Cass went to check on her) and any other time it's been because Enzo couldn't carry the slack and got pinned.

I'd hope in this Dusty tournament we get to see Finn/Joe vs. Enzo/Cass because I'm interested in seeing Cass interact with Finn and Joe and if they'd keep up the fact he's so dominate. Also I want Rusev/Owens vs. Crews/El Generico. I'd have Bo Dallas under the mask (since he lost a loser leaves NXT match he can't come back) but never actually acknowledge it. This way Owens would freak out thinking it's Zayn. Hell you could do a Dusty finish and have Crews/Generico win the bout but William Regal comes out and says due to an obscure NXT rule no masked man can advance in the tournament without showing the GM his face. He refuses and therefore Regal awards the victory to Rusev/Owens

I don't know how... but the crowd had a Brooklyn accent.

No kidding, I believe it when Cory said Emma and Dana train together; Emma looks freakin' toned. And probably the gaudiest Dana has ever looked... I think she's doing it on purpose.

---

Carmella has more in ring character than Eva but she also has the same problem that Tough Enough GiGi had; she acts exactly the same, heel or face. She doesn't have years fan familiarity for an excuse (ala Orton). And there lies her biggest flaw; she should be a heel. Unfortunately, if they turn her heel now, she'll be overshadowed by all the other NXT women heel who are all better than her in every category.

Wrestling wise, Eva and Carmella are both in the bottom tier; doesn't matter if one is a little better than the other, they are still in the same tier.

You know what might solve Eva's total lack of personality? If she stole Cena's old gimmick, The Prototype.

So one again Big Cass is only stopped by interference and is still the most indestructible person on the roster. For as much as people complain about Corbin winning in 30 seconds, Cass still dominates when he's in the ring only instead of jobbers he does it against the now former tag champs or in this case The Mechanics and the WGTT 2.0. I eagerly await the day Cass mentions that his only losses came about when he wanted to let his friend get the glory (Vs. Blake/Murphy) or when he was concerned for his other friend (When Alexa attack Carmella and Cass went to check on her) and any other time it's been because Enzo couldn't carry the slack and got pinned.

I'd hope in this Dusty tournament we get to see Finn/Joe vs. Enzo/Cass because I'm interested in seeing Cass interact with Finn and Joe and if they'd keep up the fact he's so dominate. Also I want Rusev/Owens vs. Crews/El Generico. I'd have Bo Dallas under the mask (since he lost a loser leaves NXT match he can't come back) but never actually acknowledge it. This way Owens would freak out thinking it's Zayn. Hell you could do a Dusty finish and have Crews/Generico win the bout but William Regal comes out and says due to an obscure NXT rule no masked man can advance in the tournament without showing the GM his face. He refuses and therefore Regal awards the victory to Rusev/Owens

I know it's wrestling and all, but I doubt many people would mistake Bo for Sami at this juncture.  :P

If Bo graces NXT with his presence again, I will only accept it if he went under a Liger mask, tag with Jushin Thunder Liger, and referred to himself as Ju-Shin Jr.

I am at the point where I think Niners is doing a bit now.

Anyway - I think the only "box" left they need to check with trainers would be to get someone from Japan to help the transitions for those coming from the Far East. I don't want to suggest Liger since I never want him to stop wrestling so how about Kaz Hayashi. Mutoh can't be paying him THAT well

Doesn't Funaki have his own school?  I know he lives in the US somewhere and was helping KENTA acclimate to living in America.  While I don't know how good he is as a trainer, I'm sure he'd be adequate, plus able to help those who needed assistance learning English and such.

Only "problem" would be is that I think Funaki is established in the San Antonio area now so he might not be keen on moving to Florida - and I would assume that all the trainers have to live full time down there

Just spent the last two days watching videos on Big Cass and Enzo.  I definitely love their swag, particularly last night when Enzo started doing the Schmurda Dance(plus major points for having Biggie on the back of his jacket), but I don't don't see the appeal of watching Cass wrestle...yet.  Maybe because he's built like George Gulas or something and his weak boot to the face, but I'm gonna give it some time.  He might grow on me.

She seems to have toned it down a bit but Carmella always sounded like you do when you're making fun of someone with a heavy or exaggerated New York/New Jersey accent. She definitely would have benefited more from turning on Enzo & Cass and aligning herself with Blake/Murphy.

I love Alexa in her spot but based on how well she's done so far, she would have found a way to get over.