DVDVR Message Board

THE INTERVIEW THREAD (Where freedom goes to die)

Elsalvajeloco

What I am enjoying most is that hacker gangs got infuriated that Lizard Squad kept fucking with their game time so there was some hacker on hacker violence and they ratted out Lizard Squad to the Feds

You would think Homeland Security would have realized to sic them on the North Koreans by now

Especially since the Interview seems targeted for that auidence

• Like 1

What I am enjoying most is that hacker gangs got infuriated that Lizard Squad kept fucking with their game time so there was some hacker on hacker violence and they ratted out Lizard Squad to the Feds

You would think Homeland Security would have realized to sic them on the North Koreans by now

Especially since the Interview seems targeted for that auidence

Where is Anonymous when we need them?

Will I get banned if I say that anyone who is arguing that the quality of the movie matters in this scenario is an absolute moron?

I don't know if you watch ROH TV, but that's such a Steve Corino move.  If that was intentional, well-done sir.  If not, it's worth checking out to see what I mean.

I didn't care one bit about the movie before this, and I can't say I care about it now.  Those that are worried about creative freedom in movies have a great point.  Then again, sequels have long been the safe bet in the industry.  I'm down with seeing Team America in theatres again though.

Will I get banned if I say that anyone who is arguing that the quality of the movie matters in this scenario is an absolute moron?

Bah, there is merit to the belief.

There are far smarter movies out there that serve as a far better indictment of the NK regime than The Interview.

Pretty simple.  Have "hackers" "leak" the movie online and never have it taken down.  Then, re-release Team America: World Police in theaters.

Some theaters are putting Team America up in the Interview's place, which is a multi-faceted diamond of irony if ever there was one.

The defense rests.

Bah, there is merit to the belief.

There are far smarter movies out there that serve as a far better indictment of the NK regime than The Interview.

So what? Pulling the movie would be wrong even if it's nothing but armpit farts while dry-humping an effigy.

I've found it a little odd that the Canadian chains have pulled the movie but it's still getting TV ad-time (or at least it was as of yesterday night). Shows how disorganized the whole process has been, in my opinion.

I have no particular thoughts on Seth Rogan one way or the other. But I have to say, I think pulling this film comes off as very soft. I don't like it. I understand if there's a lot more to these "threats" than just hot air being blown, and I get if they can't reveal that to the public for obvious reasons if there's an ongoing investigation into some kind of legitimate terrorist plot. But if it's just LOUD NOISES and leaked emails and that got the movie pulled? Nope. Do better.

• Like 1

Paramount are trying to ban theaters from showing Team America now.

http://deadline.com/2014/12/paramount-cancel-team-america-1201329597/

Jesus fuck.

Silver lining: Could we find some tech-savvy ragenerd to shut down 2016's Sinister Six? Intimidate them into giving up the Spider-Man rights?

That's clearly a joke, but I hate that I have to accept the fact we live in a world WHERE THAT COULD FUCKING WORK.

Step aside, Harvey Weinstein. Kim Jong Un is now the most powerful man in Hollywood.

I hope Our Grand Leader approves of my upcoming script Kim Jong-un: Tougher than Chuck Norris, Jack Bauer and Liam Neeson Combined that I intend to send him very soon.

Shame that this movie isn't going to see the light of day, as it's going to be in Sony's notoriously impenetrable vaults forever.

I don't get Paramount coming down on the screenings of Team America, either. I mean, the fucking movie came out a decade ago. You're not going to shock people with the scene of Kim Jong Il screaming at Hans Brix. (Just a rittre to the reft. . .a rittre more. . .)

How the fuck can Paramount do that? If they already have a copy of the film, a theater damn well has a right to show it no matter if the studio who put it out likes it or not. I'm guessing this was initially their idea and they scrapped it and that's what this means?

Any time a theater plays a film, regardless of when it came out, they have to pay a screening right. You have to buy those rights everytime you hold a public screening, especially if you're charging tickets. Paramount owns the rights, so they're just denying people from purchasing them.