DVDVR Message Board

AEW - DECEMBER 2023

Dolfan in NYC

57 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

they don't get Collision up in Canada, only Dynamite

Which is peculiar scheduling because didn’t they run a few Collisions in Canada during the Owen? And weren’t there ticket problems at times in Canada over the summer too? (Which might be more about pricing since they were running every show in Canada for a few weeks)

I guess there isn’t a good pitstop in the US close to Montreal with the classic wrestling venue in Burlington VT closed due to being really old and the next closest good venues probably being in New Hampshire.

Fite is increasing the price of the AEW+ subscription by about 20% (actual increase depends on your country and exchange rates)

But on the flip side they're also making a rotating selection of past PPVs available to view with your subscription, which is pretty nice if you're like me and came into AEW late.

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

Which is peculiar scheduling because didn’t they run a few Collisions in Canada during the Owen? And weren’t there ticket problems at times in Canada over the summer too? (Which might be more about pricing since they were running every show in Canada for a few weeks)

TSN shows Rampage and Collision on one of the their regular channels when the show is takes place in Canada. All others are behind the pay walled TSN+ subscription service.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Octopus said:

Not enough eye cutting in wrestling if you ask me

Whoever showed Danielson Pirata Morgan matches has a lot to answer for.

BONUS ALTERNATE JOKE:

He's just setting up his new masked gimmick: The Andalusian Dog.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

guessing a wrestler who can get nosebleeds on command wouldn't have much utility for such a skill since it really wouldn't look great on TV.

Was it Lawler who could do that?  I want to say he did it when he had to be suspended in a "shark cage" for a match to get over the height he was hanging.

14 minutes ago, Log said:

Was it Lawler who could do that?  I want to say he did it when he had to be suspended in a "shark cage" for a match to get over the height he was hanging.

Yes it was. He had some prior injury from early career that enabled him to do that on cue. He said on commentary that if he gets that high he gets a nosebleed and proceeded to do his trick to prove that point!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Any validity to the Danielson injury news floating around social media? 

Fightful Select reported it was an angle for Danielson to work for the match and was pre-planned, and he's not hurt...more than he already is.

5 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

I guess there isn’t a good pitstop in the US close to Montreal with the classic wrestling venue in Burlington VT closed due to being really old and the next closest good venues probably being in New Hampshire.

They did show the Canadian Collision shows but now are basically holding Collision and the Friday show (I have a headache and can't remember its name) hostage unless you subscribe to their pay service. So if you want to watch all the AEW shows, you have to pay for TSN and TSN+.

2 hours ago, Log said:

Yeah, I believe it was during Bret's never ending feud with Isaac Yankem.

I didn't know he could do it on cue, but it did seem like an old timey parlor trick.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

I can agree with the people who think a certain amount of where AEW was scheduling shows this fall was working under the concept that CM Punk wasn't gonna get fired in September

I mean, the person who scheduled the dates probably also scheduled Punk and his enemies (both addressed and unaddressed) to be at Wembley at the same time, so I don't necessarily have the most faith in that system to start with in that regard

3 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

guessing a wrestler who can get nosebleeds on command wouldn't have much utility for such a skill since it really wouldn't look great on TV.

you'd have to be a total loon to try blading around your eye though

I've gotten nosebleeds constantly my entire life and I never once lucked out and had it happen during a match.

EDIT: Actually, it happened once in my backyard when I took a Van Terminator on a trampoline, but never during a real match,

Edited by hobo joe
I remembered
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’ve been way behind on my watching so threads close before I get a chance to add a couple pennies. Anyway, the C2 rules so hard, and I love that there is a lot of psychology involved as well as movez. Claudio-Brody was even better than I would have thought, went beyond just a big hoss fight. The pathos of Garcia is great storytelling, and Daddy Magic on commentary added a ton to it. And of course Eddie-Bryan was going to be brutally stiff while also masterful character work and match layout.

Shocked and happy to see Hijo del Vikingo get a win over Kip Sabian, and love how the announcers keep marking out over the crazy shit these new luchadores are pulling out.

Abadon does nothing for me but makes the board and the internet happy without bothering me so enjoy their push y’all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1