DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 10/25 - 10/31/2023 - A Lethal Lottery

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, JLowe said:

You know, MJF has said several times that when he wrestles Juice it will be a bloodbath. And this is Philly, home of hardcore. I’m expecting some glorious pro wrestling violence.

what do you suppose the odd are the Juice goes over? They've stolen his title? do they take th ring?

I hope it's ok to post in this week's thread since last was closed - we're sneaking BOTB in before a slightly delayed Dynamite (we just wrapped up Willow/Stat, which was really, really good - and you're all gonna have to settle me gently on goth Willow/Skye, apologies in advance - and are heading into the trios) - this has been one of the best BOTBs out of all of them so far. Really nice and lively crowd post-Collision, awesome matches... remind me again why these aren't hyped more? Def worth a watch if you missed it.

• Like 5

Looks like a better house this week!

I enjoyed Juice/MJF quite a bit. Pissed off Max is the best Max. Wardlow, Joe, Omega, BCG, the Acclaimed, Roddy and the Kingdom, devil people, and Cole via satellite, the Maxiverse is a busy place

Swerve committing outright felonies on TV smh

• Like 2

Things I remember from tonight's edition of AEW Dynamite

MJF like a house of fire on Juice Robinson. Juice got some control for a bit but MJF wins with ring shots for everybody.

Postmatch we entered into the "Everybody Hates MJF" portion of the show. Jay White's group! Roddy and his dudes tried to make a save! Acclaimed made a save. There was a challenge for an 8 man tag where MJF maybe didn't decide on his partners (but maybe I missed something). Then Kenny Omega came out for an impulse title match on Saturday Night. Then Wardlow had a vignette about how much he hates MJF.

Free line for any lurkers who work for a certain company to steal: "Almost everybody hates MJF except the Fans" (is that a good line, idk)

Hook will get larger once his metabolism goes out on him after he turns 20.

RVD looks the same as he did 25 years ago. The good guys won and I was out of the room.

Sting got a present. It's the guy from the CarShield commercials. Seriously, i'm watching Ric Flair from 1987 when he was dressed well. Now he's dressed like he robbed Michael Hayes house. At least Ric can form complete sentences and he wasn't obviously fucked up. Please don't let him appear any more Tony. Christian also roasted Ric Flair some on live TV. This wasn't as Elder Abusey as some Flair appearances. I think Flair had been washed up for at least 5 years when Nick Wayne was born.

So the Hardys are 1999 Michael Hayes and Zay is the 1999 Hardys? Zay eats the fall. There were cool spots in the match.

Can someone tell Swerve Strickland to stop doing stupid angles. This isn't 2000s WWE. Please don't do home invasion angles. Swerve's good at wrestling but the non-wrestling stuff is so stupid

Shida is confused by why Toni Storm is in black and white

Sting has words for TWFKA Edge. Samoa Joe has words for MJF.

Danielson and Cassidy are opposites on-screen. Interesting match. Not sure if it's an angle-angle or if Danielson fucked himself up again. Hook has a backpack? Is he going to school at Temple?

• Like 3

I dug the opener and the main. Everything else was meh. I really like all the people gunning for the world champ as they should be. Also in kayfabe, Mrs. Hangman is either an incredibly deep sleeper or very negligent as a mother. 

• Haha 4

I loved the opening flowing from the MJF/Juice match into the promos and post-match involvement from the Kingdom and the Acclaimed, and ultimately ending up with setting up the MJF/Omega showdown for Saturday. Great stuff.

Always enjoy more RVD in AEW.  Ric Flair is ALL ELITE! Was hoping he'd join the team with Darby in a sling still accepting. Jericho calling on BIGGER friends, hope we're getting Hobbs vs. Wight. Really liked Shida/Ruby.

Main event was fun and ended in chaos. Orange/Claudio next week should rule based off their interactions here. Hope Bryan's not going out again with injury.

And they announced ABADON~! will be on Rampage! first time on TV in 2 years since the epic Halloween Deathmatch with Britt, hope she wins in time for this year's season. 

• Like 4

Juice got juice! (I always wanted to write that.) Simple, hot little match, no great shakes but fun and vengeful. Caught Max trying to cover up himself talking to Juice twice but hey. Nothing happening with the ring? Okay. Max saying he had a bullet for Juicey Boy was kinda "ooof, he went there" until I thought "well they are named the Bullet Club". 

DO vs. HOOK/RVD was another crowd pleaser. In fact this whole night was nothing but safe (well, until the end) crowd pleasers. Uno took a funny bump off the apron where he flailed amusingly. 

Ric's suit looked like a blue version of the old green couch we used to have with a similar leaf imprint on it, only shiny. I was praying for Tony to not let him wrestle again until they talked to Edge and the weight left my mind. Luchasaurus really should have just went with Saurus when he turned heel. 

I have nothing to say about the six man or the women's match... that's nice, anyway. Hell I didn't watch ANY of the first one. 

Main seemed fine, then I look away for five seconds and all of the sudden it's over and Danielson is holding what looks like his arm but then his face on the apron? Okada is acting like a dick, and Best Friends and Hook and BCC are running in? It's confusing and either a work or Bryan (who loves to lie, TM Matt D) legit got injured again. And I MISSED IT goddammit. Oh well. Match was another crowd pleaser with Orange the glue as expected. Okada actually put some mustard on those forearms because, well, it's Danielson. 

• Like 3

it was nice of Major League Baseball to tell the wrestling companies which teams were gonna be in the League Championship Series so that the WWE could run Dallas on the night of ALCS Game 7 and AEW could run Philly the night after NLCS Game 7

(also AEW being "in the shadow of" Houston last week)

Edited by Cobra Commander
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Wait did Max get the ring back? My attention span is getting terrible when I'm in front of the computer for these shows. 

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

I haven't been watching every AEW show, but they didn't do a "MJF has had his ring stolen" angle at the same time that they're doing an "MJF has had his AEW title stolen" angle.. right?

I think Juice's ring was called a fake ring or something though

It's not Max's it's Juice's own ring - two weeks ago on Collision, Jay White got on one knee and presented Juice a ring, and he went on to cut a promo about it being $30 at TJ Maxx, and talk about how he was gonna knock MJF out with it, take his ring, and pawn it

I really enjoyed this show - kind of sneakily eventful with the title match being announced for Saturday, Ric Flair debuting, a tease by Jericho for the return of THE GIANT (side note: he trademarked Jerishow quite some time ago), the Owen-enziguris-Shawn ending to the main event (which I thought was a stellar match up to that point).

And a data point for anyone reading from AEW: We got Collision tickets before MJF/Omega even left the stage. That one was totally the tipping point for our household (as well as the knowledge Okada is on American soil... A guy can dream) - so we are confirmed locked in for Saturday

• Like 5

I thought this was a good episode of Dynamite. I'm kinda disappointed that Juice didn't win the Dynamite Ring. Everything was set up perfectly for him to win. Plus I wanted a video next week of Bullet Club living up to their word and taking it to a pawn shop. I did like the set up for MJF vs. Omega after the match. That should be a pretty good one before all the BC interference. 

Always good to see RVD around. I wish they would sign him and make him Elite all ready. He hasn't lost a step and it was fun seeing him and Hook beat up on the Dark Order.

I laughed when Flair's music hit. Poor trusting Sting. He's gonna get blindsided by Flair one more time. Christian Cage was great once again with his insults on Flair.

The six man was all right. Jeff Hardy looks so past his prime in these matches. At least Matt can still go. Brother Tay makes me laugh with his over exaggerated screams when he gets slammed.

Shida vs. Ruby was all right as well. I like Shida so I can't say anything bad about her. But this match wasn't anything great. I did like the spray can vs. belt spot though. The belt didn't turn green because it was made out of cheap copper.

Main event was good. Okada looked great as he usually does even though he was probably phoning it in. Didnt have to go all out. Orange Cassidy was good as well tonight. Bryan and Claudio are a good team together. I liked the ending where Claudio just threw Orange up and decked him with the uppercut. That should be a fun match next week between them two. I think Bryan was overselling the punch at the end, but who knows. Maybe that will lead to an OC/Bryan match which would probably be half funny/half serious.

Overall a good show tonight as usual.

• Like 5