DVDVR Message Board

AEW - April 2023

Dolfan in NYC

5 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Motorhead was the loudest anything I have ever heard, nevermind concert.  Bless ya, Lemmy

They would probably number 4. But my chest was bruised for days from getting crushed into the barricade and I was lucky I didn’t get broken ribs,

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dog said:

So I guess no one else has been to an Orange Goblin show.

I have! Three times, I think. Excellent fun, not insanely loud, but I think the UK has some sort of upper noise limit these days. I saw SunnO))) in a theatre in Birmingham before that though, and that has to be the loudest, I was stuffing tissues in my ears so I didn't go deaf or shit myself.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Casey said:

ya’ll need to man up, I saw Sunn O))) in a cave and I thought I was about to fucking die.

Sunn O))) shouldn't even count. First time I saw them was the historic Tennessee Theater in Knoxville. They usually have symphony orchestras and big-name musicals and normal bands. The sweet old lady ushers were so welcoming and kind before the show started. On the way out they had looks of genuine concern and fear chiseled onto their faces, like any doubt about the reality of the Devil had finally been purged from their minds. Great show.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Dog said:

So I guess no one else has been to an Orange Goblin show.

Saw them at Bloodstock and came away unscathed... Napalm Death and Sepultura not so much. I have tinnitus.

20 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

All In Wembley seating chart according to Reddit - probably in the 60k seats range 

D5-E09-B9-F-EFDE-4-E03-9-B4-C-0-AEB0-B99

Gonna sell my soul to get in that A-F range. Tinnitus be damned.

• Like 1

Ah Double J, one of my newest guilty pleasures since he's joined AEW. I can't think of any wrestler that I had distaste for as long as him who turned it around just like that for me. One of the few people who having a podcast has benefited in my opinion.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, twiztor said:

What does everyone think are the best AEW non-licensed theme songs?

i'm partial to Ricky Starks and Hook. 

The Acclaimed song is a great early-90s hip-hop jam.

• Like 2

I generally dislike all the AEW (and WWE/NXT) themes that are basically remake/ripoffs of other popular songs/themes (FTR's Midnight Express tribute, Adam Page's Four Horsemen homage) but I really do enjoy Adam Cole's Rage Against the Machine/NXT mash-up.

I also like Eddie Kingston's Castlevania-esque theme song which simultaneously makes no sense for him but also somehow completely suits him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

YEAH! Another announcement from Tony Khan on Wednesday! Hopefully it's "we'll never have another dogshit episode like last week ever again."

Announcement of the Second Dance incoming.

• Like 1

The last 2 times were specifically Tony has a huge announcement, this time it's just "We will hear from" Tony Khan which they use for anyone's promo or interview, so lowered expectations!

1 hour ago, caley said:

I generally dislike all the AEW (and WWE/NXT) themes that are basically remake/ripoffs of other popular songs/themes (FTR's Midnight Express tribute, Adam Page's Four Horsemen homage) but I really do enjoy Adam Cole's Rage Against the Machine/NXT mash-up.

I also like Eddie Kingston's Castlevania-esque theme song which simultaneously makes no sense for him but also somehow completely suits him.

Kingston's theme was the first to come to mind for me as well. Excellent and that Castlevania beat is so killer.   Also co-signed the previous mention of Julia Hart's epic theme.

• Like 2

Best original themes: 

1. FTR
2. Hangman

There are so many original themes that I would never get into outside the context of wrestling, but are so good in the world of wrestling: DMD, Jamie Hayter, Cole, Acclaimed, Moriarty, Kingston (questions of quality more related to the lyrical content which is barely even heard), Starks, (the previous theme for) Powerhouse Hobbs, uh MJF!

Worst themes: Lance Archer's is just dogshit awful (tho, I'm not not amused). The vocal version of Danielson's (the instrumental is totally fine). If I heard Athena's music on the radio I would switch fast, but it's kinda awesome in the context of Athena doing her thing which is a testament to how great she is.

• Sad 1