DVDVR Message Board

AEW - April 2023

Dolfan in NYC

19 minutes ago, tlk23 said:

Now do Ricky Stark showing up at the Rumble with Cody.

Or Adam Cole at AEW shows when he was with NXT.

Or Brit Baker at NXT when Cole was there.

Because it's Punk, it will be bigger than it has to be.

Or Malakai Black and Andrade showing up at Wrestlemania with their wives...

The AEW International Championship is probably my least favourite AEW Championship looks wise. When it was announced, it's similarities with the AEW Women's World Championship I can't unsee. I will say with how the TNT Championship has been booked, it feels like the AEW International Championship is the true secondary championship for men in AEW.

Edited by The Natural

59 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Another Reddit rumour on the tickets for All In

All-In.jpg

That's actually really smart pricing. Lots of affordable seats. At first glance it really looks like they could pull a really big house.

Boy I know I’m not going to pull the trigger but if those prices are legit… I’m tempted.

It would be wild if my first AEW show ended up being Wembley Stadium instead of a house show in Kentucky 😂😂

• Like 4

Looks like we might be getting another smaller esque stage ala Arthur Ashe judging by that seating chart which is a little disappointing. I was envisioning a big WM X7 style stage. But that means you can cram more people in there so 🤷‍♂️

On 4/23/2023 at 7:40 PM, twiztor said:

What does everyone think are the best AEW non-licensed theme songs?

i'm partial to Ricky Starks and Hook. 

Everyone is sleeping on Jade's theme. Love that guitar lick.

• Like 5

It's a longstanding Wrestling tradition, buying a cheaper ticket in the hope that the next more expensive tier doesn't sell out and you get upgraded for free.

• Like 2

On 4/20/2023 at 1:37 PM, Octopus said:

The goal is an eventual Elite feud, but if it isn’t going to happen then it isn’t going to happen. Kenny vs Phil as the next HBK vs Hogan would be funny though.

God. Now I'm wondering if it would be funnier if Kenny oversold for Punk or if Punk oversold for Kenny.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2023 at 2:40 AM, twiztor said:

What does everyone think are the best AEW non-licensed theme songs?

i'm partial to Ricky Starks and Hook. 

Kenny Omega, Daddy Magic & Cool Hand, Eddie Kingston, the former team of Sonny Kiss and Joey Janela and FTR are the themes I listen to, even when I'm not watching wrestling.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, zendragon said:

Wardlow v Lee Moriarty and Gunns v FTR are announced for the next House Rules show

Important note: Gunns/FTR will be at the Kentucky show. Wardlow/Moriarty is at the Salem one. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Infinit said:

No big surprise there, tbh. All In better be a streaming special because $100 combined over two weekends to watch their PPVs is asking a lot of their fanbase.

2 hours ago, Casey said:

No big surprise there, tbh. All In better be a streaming special because $100 combined over two weekends to watch their PPVs is asking a lot of their fanbase.

That would put a strain on the US fanbase, no question. For the international audience that would be around $50, though. That's still a lot, but more doable. I would consider making those two shows some kind of combo/bundle offer to maximize the interest, though. I will not be in London in August, that is for certain, so there should be other ways to catch the show, in any case.