DVDVR Message Board

February 2022 - Professional Wrestling Omnibus Discussion

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

On this morning's radio show - Meltzer said that the WWE has one more "Austin level surprise" for Mania (besides Austin)

And Dave basically said that can only mean Hogan, Rock, Cena or Taker and both Rock and Cena "have stuff going on" that conflict with Mania (not to say they couldn't make it work)

HBK? I mean he has proven that there is a limit at which he stops saying no.

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

On this morning's radio show - Meltzer said that the WWE has one more "Austin level surprise" for Mania (besides Austin)

And Dave basically said that can only mean Hogan, Rock, Cena or Taker and both Rock and Cena "have stuff going on" that conflict with Mania (not to say they couldn't make it work)

It's gonna be Cody Rhodes! 

• Like 1

The surprise is going to be WWE got Kenta Kobashi to come out of retirement for one more match and it’s going to be against…….Triple H!!!!!!!’

But due to HHH’s health it will actually be a match played out on WWE 2k22 with a Kobashi CAW but one that still has all the default moves. Half way through the match a Misawa CAW will come out and hit HHH with an emerald frosion but Trips kicks out and ends up pedigreeing both of them wins and then the real HHH will cut a promo about being the game and he’s that damn good.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, caley said:

Partnered with EC3 and Jedediah Koszewski...*googles the latter, finds a linkedin result*: "Server at Walt Disney World"

I like it.

You wont find it on Linked In but JC was also an independent promoter in the Cleveland area. He was part of the team that started AIW but they had some big dramatic falling out so he started a rival company. Lots of local indy drama before AIW had really got on the map. Talking '07 - '09ish. In the split EC3 & Ray Rowe went with JC to his company Firestorm. After a year or two it kind of fizzled out. EC3 got the TNA gig and I think JC moved down to Orlando around that same time. I think he also helped produce EC3's banger TNA theme music too, that Trouble Trouble Trouble deal. So he does have a background in the business, just not anything that exceeded local independent level.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Control the Narrative potentially getting a TV deal before GCW is...weird. I figured after the success of Dark Side of the Ring that at the very least Vice would start airing weekly wrestling, but all they did was have MLW on for a short period of time if memory serves. GCW seems perfect for Vice.

13 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

The only thing that remotely interests me about this news is it reminded me Rockstar Spud's non-compete is done soon, if not already. 

Looks like his will be up by next week, along with the likes of John Morrison, Tegan Nox, Shane Thorne, and Swerve Strickland. 

7 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

You wont find it on Linked In but JC was also an independent promoter in the Cleveland area. He was part of the team that started AIW but they had some big dramatic falling out so he started a rival company. Lots of local indy drama before AIW had really got on the map. Talking '07 - '09ish. In the split EC3 & Ray Rowe went with JC to his company Firestorm. After a year or two it kind of fizzled out. EC3 got the TNA gig and I think JC moved down to Orlando around that same time. I think he also helped produce EC3's banger TNA theme music too, that Trouble Trouble Trouble deal. So he does have a background in the business, just not anything that exceeded local independent level.

I still have a Firestorm shirt.  There was some real bad blood between AIW and Firestorm that went way beyond flyers being torn down.  If I remember correctly they had people go to JC shows and bully the guy. They tried to get shows shut down, and it was pretty bad for awhile. Michael Hutter and Jimmy Demarco were in there with this and I remember Ray Rowe, John McChesney, and Shane Taylor as well.  Some of the show titles from each promotion were shots on the other.  Cleveland could have had 2 strong promotions but they essentially drove JC off to Orlando. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Looks like his will be up by next week, along with the likes of John Morrison, Tegan Nox, Shane Thorne, and Swerve Strickland. 

Allegedly, JoMo and Taya were offered AEW contracts, but not for how much they wanted.

On 2/15/2022 at 9:39 PM, JLowe said:

Interesting event overall, hella expensive, lots of cool guests who are also hella expensive. If I lived in Dallas I could see going to one or two of the shows.

I remember the days when an autographed 8 x 10 was $2 black & white and a big $3 for a color one. I have a hard time paying for them now. Nowadays Lucha guys will sign stuff or take photos for free, but they make up for that with the masks for hundreds of dollars.

1 hour ago, paintedbynumbers said:

I still have a Firestorm shirt.  There was some real bad blood between AIW and Firestorm that went way beyond flyers being torn down.  If I remember correctly they had people go to JC shows and bully the guy. They tried to get shows shut down, and it was pretty bad for awhile. Michael Hutter and Jimmy Demarco were in there with this and I remember Ray Rowe, John McChesney, and Shane Taylor as well.  Some of the show titles from each promotion were shots on the other.  Cleveland could have had 2 strong promotions but they essentially drove JC off to Orlando. 

Yeah, I was the Firestorm play-by-play guy. It was a fun promotion that ran for a couple of years. 

• Like 1