DVDVR Message Board

February 2022 - Professional Wrestling Omnibus Discussion

That kind of shit happened all the time to me as a kid and really fucked me up. Shawn's not a child though, he's an adult facing peer pressure and that's his reaction? That is an insane amount of inadequacy to have after you've been to the top of your professional mountain. Go talk to a therapist if that's the behavior you're participating in, please. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

That kind of shit happened all the time to me as a kid and really fucked me up. Shawn's not a child though, he's an adult facing peer pressure and that's his reaction? That is an insane amount of inadequacy to have after you've been to the top of your professional mountain. Go talk to a therapist if that's the behavior you're participating in, please. 

According to JR, Shawn was never the leader of the Clique and was actually very passive within the group dynamic, even when he was champion and being a massive prick. 

19 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Making fun of someone's mental health after they confide in you and making jokes about someone's writing are different levels even if the writer is in the room and also maybe take the talents dislike of your work as note that maybe you need to do better work for them and work with them to get what they want. Wrestling should be a collaborative exercise between creative and talent.

• Like 9

Next year is 70/60 years of WWE, depending on if you count the first year of the CWC or the WWWF eras as the starts.

Titan Sports, Inc. started in 1980 and absorbed the now defunct Capitol Wrestling Corporation Ltd. In 1982.  Nowadays Titan Sports is World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc.

Edited by Blue Dragon

14 minutes ago, (BP) said:

According to JR, Shawn was never the leader of the Clique and was actually very passive within the group dynamic, even when he was champion and being a massive prick. 

Probably easy to be passive when your seven Somas deep.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Sublime said:

maybe take the talents dislike of your work as note that maybe you need to do better work for them and work with them to get what they want. Wrestling should be a collaborative exercise between creative and talent.

Writers aren't in the wrong by default. Hearing the way people discuss the writers and the adversarial attitude some people take toward them, I don't struggle to imagine some talent being shitty and uncollaborative. 

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, (BP) said:

if the Clique was a basketball team, Nash would be the Center, Hall the power forward, Helmsley the small forward, Waltman the point guard, and Michaels the shooting guard.

So Nash was probably the center of the universe even if Michaels was trying to undermine Nash to advance himself

• Like 3

Yeah - the weird reflexive dismissal of that writer bringing forward a legitimate hurt as not being equivalent or as legitimate as the issue between Dax and Michaels was really unfortunate to read. Something doesn't have to be equivalent to something else to have value or importance.   

• Like 4

I never said it didn’t have value and did not mean to imply as such. FTR did something unprofessional and rude (probably more but we don’t have all the details) and that sucks. Shawn did something personally cruel to someone who trusted him enough with their mental health issues. 
Neither party is innocent but the two incidents, based on what we know, are not equal. 

• Like 9

I sort of think less of the writer going "You made fun of me once" in response to a podcast where a dude is telling his story. His response naturally paints FTR Guy as a hypocrite, which is a shitty thing to do when a guy is talking about how he felt when someone was shitty to him. 

If the writer wants an apology, he should reach out, or hell, make a post about it that isn't a direct response to FTR Guy. "Why are you complaining when you were mean to me?" is a bad look, IMO, as unpopular as that might be.

• Like 7