DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SUMMER 2019

RIPPA

Then they'd have to find a replacement for Omega (w/ The Bucks) teaming up against Jericho and his mystery partners. I mean I guess you could just slot Page in there instead, but who knows if they continue the Jericho/Page "feud" after All Out.

FWIW, Meltzer said he can't get confirmation on if PAC will be doing any more AEW dates in the future, so it sounds like bringing in PAC was very much in response to Moxley being injured, not just someone who was going to be at the show anyway.

I was looking forward to Omega vs. Moxley, but I think it's not the end of the world if the match is put off for a couple months. I'm glad Moxley is taking the time off that he needs rather than working through it. Also, is getting a bursa sack removed really a good idea?

I think it could have an impact on buy rates but we'll probably never know the answer to that.  People like me (or us) are going to buy All Out regardless.  The everyday wrestling fan,  who knows. 

Is there any word on the health of Fenix?   I know they said there's no break but he's supposed to wrestle a ladder match a week from today. 

27 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Feels like every couple months, Fenix breaks something important and is working the next weekend. 

He’s a luchador. 70% of those guys hurt themselves at a spot show, get carried out on a stretcher, and worked the following week. These men are true “blue-collar” workers, and realistically, they probably needed surgery for many a nagging injury they’ve suffered in the ring, but refuse because that will sideline them.

9 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Which is why so many benefit shows for luchadors that are in wheelchairs in their 40s.

I think it was Meltzer, or Bryan who said something like “Mexican wrestlers can go until they are in their 60’s”. Yeah guys, but look how they work. These guys aren’t taking crazy bumps, or having the matches they had 15 years ago. They are playing it smart, but they are hurting out there big time. Sure, you see them more often, but it’s because Lucha promoters aren’t afraid to continuously book them as top guys, even in their advanced ages, and for better, or worse they still make good money performing, over signing autographs. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

6 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

I was looking forward to Omega vs. Moxley, but I think it's not the end of the world if the match is put off for a couple months. I'm glad Moxley is taking the time off that he needs rather than working through it. Also, is getting a bursa sack removed really a good idea?

This. Neither of those guys could really take a clean pin without impairing their momentum. This way Mox gets to come in like a house of fire and Omega & PAC can do good shit.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

Do the Harris twins still have that lucha promotion?

The Nazi Twins have a lucha promotion? This, I need to know more about. Does their top champion wear a Hitler mask and nazi uniform?

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

5 hours ago, OctopusCinema said:

buiiiiiild

I'm pretty sure this was cribbed from when Daniel Cormier found out Jon Jones failed his drug test the Tuesday or Wednesday before UFC 200 and Dana had to go tell him. They used the footage in the build towards their fight at UFC 214.

If you're gonna steal something, steal something from a match/angle that made money like this. Smart.

• Like 7

Yeah, before I even watched the video and only saw the headline, I had flashbacks to that DC reaction when he got the news about Jones.

Totally expected a foot stomp from Omega and a “c’mon man...”

• Like 3

13 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I think it was Meltzer, or Bryan who said something like “Mexican wrestlers can go until they are in their 60’s”. Yeah guys, but look how they work. These guys aren’t taking crazy bumps, or having the matches they had 15 years ago. They are playing it smart, but they are hurting out there big time. Sure, you see them more often, but it’s because Lucha promoters aren’t afraid to continuously book them as top guys, even in their advanced ages, and for better, or worse they still make good money performing, over signing autographs. 

They aren't playing it smart, they are just barely mobile. I hope Fenix gets loads of money from AEW because he'll it need when eventually he breaks apart.

14 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

1 hour ago, Archibald said:

They aren't playing it smart, they are just barely mobile. I hope Fenix gets loads of money from AEW because he'll it need when eventually he breaks apart.

It was probably Alvarez who said that. During a retro Nitro B&V review, after Larry Zbyszko complained about how dangerous lucha was, Bryan literally went through all the luchadors during an 8-man tag and picked out all the guys who were still working at the time to refute Larry's point. I think he jinxed it because IIRC Silver King was one of the guys. 

4 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I'm pretty sure this was cribbed from when Daniel Cormier found out Jon Jones failed his drug test the Tuesday or Wednesday before UFC 200 and Dana had to go tell him. They used the footage in the build towards their fight at UFC 214.

If you're gonna steal something, steal something from a match/angle that made money like this. Smart.

Same thing crossed my mind:

Edited by The Natural

4 hours ago, Archibald said:

What I mean is, they are working like every other old guy does(brawling a lot more, and taking less bumps), except they are doing it almost 7 times a week. Which is a bad idea

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

36 minutes ago, OctopusCinema said:

In response to mean twitterers? 

AEW's twitter account posted a question "Will Brandi become the first AEW Women's Champ".  It didn't go well.