DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SUMMER 2019

RIPPA

As long as Excalibur is the anchor, I can deal that. Maybe one week it's Excalibur, JR & Goldenboy. Then the next it's Excalibur, Schiavone & Marvez. Then it goes back and forth. You need someone in there that's the constant and familiar voice.

Although I wonder what happens with PWG if Excalibur is on the road every week. Kind of throws a wrench in my plan.

10 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Page's slant on this match, his role as the underdog, and how his winning the title would better represent what AEW is than going with the expected, established guy is really smart. 

I agree, but that promo was pretty cornball. He’s presenting himself like a desperate loser.  I can feel in his voice that he knows he isn’t going to win. Having his parents ringside is like Steamboat brining out his little steamer only to lose.  Page seems capable of talking but they should have tried a few tales. Page is gonna get booed in Chicago if he keeps presenting himself as a loser.

So to the Bucks promo.  Just as cliched as possible.  Even suggesting a team they’ve pretty much exclusively battled has never been in the ring with a team like them.  Not horrible but certainly a lame duck promo 

Weak road to this week.

• Like 1

There's zero chance Adam Page gets booed, unless he turns on someone like Cody, the Bucks or Omega.

EDIT: In other news - according to the Observer - Moxley has an elbow injury/infection that he probably got working for New Japan.

Edited by Casey

4 hours ago, Casey said:

There's zero chance Adam Page gets booed, unless he turns on someone like Cody, the Bucks or Omega.

Ha, curious how u crunched the numbers to get 0%?  I’m not saying Page is getting the boo birds, but that promo showed a lack of confidence and focus.  Full of cliches the kind of which leads to a pushed baby face getting the jeers.  All that said, I like Page and see a bright future ahead. 

Edited by HarryArchieGus

If Jacksonville is anything to go by, then it’s not out of the realm of the possibility that Jericho will get cheered, and Page will get booed. I think Jericho repeating his new “Say “Thank you, Chris Jericho”” shtick started to backfire, and was getting a positive response from fans. Whether that was ironic, or genuine, the lemmings seem to think it’s genuine, and will most likely turn on Page because “It’s fun to chant “Thank you” to the heel”. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Unless JR falls ill, or dies, he ain’t a revolving commentator. JR was one of the reasons they got a TV deal(At least that’s what has been reported).

On his podcast, JR has hinted about passing the torch to Excalibur and moving on eventually. So he may not be in their long-term plans.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Casey said:

As long as Excalibur is the anchor, I can deal that. Maybe one week it's Excalibur, JR & Goldenboy. Then the next it's Excalibur, Schiavone & Marvez. Then it goes back and forth. You need someone in there that's the constant and familiar voice.

Although I wonder what happens with PWG if Excalibur is on the road every week. Kind of throws a wrench in my plan.

Well PWG only runs on Friday nights, and then only like every 6-8 weeks (BOLA being the exception to these two things), so I can't see it being too much of an issue.

Edited by Technico Support

25 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

I hope people didn't pay extortionate prices for the first TV taping - you can get in for $8 now. 

After Ticketmaster fees I paid over a hundred.  Assuming it's Stubhub I may see if I can get two that cheap.  If so I'll see if I can find somebody to see these to.

LOOOOOL

Wrestling is a niche product.  The "people on the street" test is so dumb.  98% of people on the street would give you a blank stare over 99.2% of the names in WWE as well.  Even top guys.  People would know Cena, maybe Lesnar, they'd possibly recognize Reigns from Hobbs and Shaw if they'd seen it, but probably wouldn't know the name, and that's about it.  I may be missing one or two because I haven't watched WWE in a while. Why does Meltzer engage these chucklefucks?

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

I hope people didn't pay extortionate prices for the first TV taping - you can get in for $8 now. 

I checked TixPic (place with no fees) and it's $15. I know Meltzer reported this in the new Observer but what site are they $8 (unless he was using a before fees price?).?

12 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Why does Meltzer engage these chucklefucks?

It's hilarious. He blocked the guy afterwards. At this point his Twitter is a meme.

12 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

LOOOOOL

Wrestling is a niche product.  The "people on the street" test is so dumb.  98% of people on the street would give you a blank stare over 99.2% of the names in WWE as well.  Even top guys.  People would know Cena, maybe Lesnar, they'd possibly recognize Reigns from Hobbs and Shaw if they'd seen it, but probably wouldn't know the name, and that's about it.  I may be missing one or two because I haven't watched WWE in a while. Why does Meltzer engage these chucklefucks?

He tweeted that he went and saw Hobbs and Shaw, and that there was no reaction in the theatre when Roman was on the screen. Like mother fuckers jump out of their seats at a cinema when they see an actor. 

• Like 3