DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SUMMER 2019

RIPPA

This is what I worried would happen with Moxley. He was working a crazy schedule along with flying a ton. That just doesn't seem sustainable and it doesn't seem wise when you're one of the pillars of this company.

That said, PAC vs Omega is going to be the shit.

• Like 1

While I am pretty goddamn jazzed about PAC vs. Omega, I am the tiniest bit bummed that the replacement isn't El Hijo del Death Rider, Shota Umino. Not that he has any place in that spot at this point in his career, but I'd love to see him in there trying to do Mox's dirty work.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I don't worry about Mox's schedule. Lots of guys have worked through worse.

I'm more worried about his overall health. But I don't know anything about anything. Is it normal for staph to recur like this? Because twice in the same elbow over a couple years sounds super fuckin' scary. 

It's similar to a lot of health problems: once you've had it, you're more susceptible to getting it again. That it's in the same elbow is concerning.

Sounds like Mox is optimistic that removing the bursa sac will solve the problem for good.

43 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

While I am pretty goddamn jazzed about PAC vs. Omega, I am the tiniest bit bummed that the replacement isn't El Hijo del Death Rider, Shota Umino. Not that he has any place in that spot at this point in his career, but I'd love to see him in there trying to do Mox's dirty work.

I would be into that if somehow possible. They announced the replacement so quickly I didn’t get to throw out my fantasy pick if politics weren’t involved. With no time to build up a big main event match, just having Yano walk on stage with his dvd and the roof would explode. I’d be all for it. If new japan would come to their senses a bit. 

Also I bet PAC was gonna be one of jerichos mystery partners. We’ll see how that goes down. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, matt925 said:

I would be into that if somehow possible. They announced the replacement so quickly I didn’t get to throw out my fantasy pick if politics weren’t involved. With no time to build up a big main event match, just having Yano walk on stage with his dvd and the roof would explode. I’d be all for it. If new japan would come to their senses a bit. 

Also I bet PAC was gonna be one of jerichos mystery partners. We’ll see how that goes down. 

The general belief is that Jericho's mystery partners are LAX.

36 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I'm more worried about his overall health. But I don't know anything about anything. Is it normal for staph to recur like this? Because twice in the same elbow over a couple years sounds super fuckin' scary. 

Recurrence in the joint is not uncommon.

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

MRSA is a bitch.  Basically, if you have it, odds are very good it flares up again.  It evolves and can become resistant to most medicines.  I had it flare up four times in one year.  Painful as hell, just a constant until the flare up goes away.  I would rather break a bone than deal with that shit.

2 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Glad to see PAC cleared up whatever it was that prevented him from doing Double Or Nothing. 

He lost the Open the Dream Hate title to Ben-K, which theoretically frees him up to drop falls.

17 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

So when is AEW going to stop allowing their talent to do outside bookings?   Say what you want about Vince but it only makes sense to sign talent to exclusive deals. This ain't some super indy no more.  If you're going to be a national promotion then you need to do it. 

Aren't they not allowing talent to take outside bookings once tv starts? Aside from Moxley; Jericho; and Omega in New Japan, of course

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Aren't they not allowing talent to take outside bookings once tv starts? Aside from Moxley; Jericho; and Omega in New Japan, of course

I had read that talent can still do bookings but AEW has final say if they need them for a show/event.  I really think they should just make everyone exclusive.  It's not the best for indies or Japan but it's the best for AEW. 

I think PAC is a much better opponent for Omega at this time - he can do his big signature Omega match with all the trimmings against a full heel. He hasn't really done one in a while (I do not count Jericho, and even Tana for better or worse reined him in a bit), so it will be kinda fresh.