DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXIV

MonteCarl

I really want to see Samoa Joe come out as Braun's parter so they can form team "Jesus We Are All Going To F***ing Die."

Also, I thought one of the stipulations of the Money in the Bank briefcase was that you had to use it by Wrestlemania. Did I imagine that or something? Will they just let Carmella hold the damn thing in perpetuity?

1 minute ago, Gonzo said:

Also, I thought one of the stipulations of the Money in the Bank briefcase was that you had to use it by Wrestlemania. Did I imagine that or something? Will they just let Carmella hold the damn thing in perpetuity?

I believe the rule is that you have one year to use it.  So when they had MITB at WM it meant you had until WrestleMania.  But now they have their own MITB PPV. So Carmella still has a couple months to cash in. 

Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

I believe the rule is that you have one year to use it.  So when they had MITB at WM it meant you had until WrestleMania.  But now they have their own MITB PPV. So Carmella still has a couple months to cash in. 

Ah. . .when you put it that way, it makes way more sense.

8 hours ago, Gonzo said:

Ah. . .when you put it that way, it makes way more sense.

Yeah - the owner has 365 days to cash in

And as noted in the main thread - Carmella was at 279 yesterday

Technically Carmella can hold the briefcase until the next Money in the Bank PPV (June 17, 2018) since she won it on either June 18, 2017 or June 27, 2017 depending on which win you use. (I believe the WWE is counting from the 2nd one) and part of me now wonders if they don't do some sort of gimmick around that

Speaking of annoying as hell if this is true

Spoiler

The Smoothie King Center’s website is listing Charlotte Flair vs. Carmella for the Smackdown Women’s Championship for next week’s Smackdown Live in New Orleans. This is interesting as Flair is slated to defend her title against Asuka at WrestleMania 34 this Sunday.

Asuka is advertised to face Nia Jax at Raw live events after WrestleMania. Below is the site’s advertisement

1 hour ago, Phantom Lord said:

Looking at that spread sheet of what's happening from now till Mania, I have to say the Indy's might have just gone a tad bit overkill. 

There's 60,000+ wrestling fans in town, and most of these companies will have their best box office of the year if they draw 800 of them. 

I do question Style Battle running against both TakeOver and SuperCard. Those two shows should combine for over 20,000 people. But, hey, take the shot.

A lot of these companies are going to literally make more money this week than they will the next three months combined. And so many guys are getting what is likely to be their best payday(s) of the year.

On the other hand, have some sympathy for the wrestling journalists who said are going to try to cover everything.

• Like 2

On 3/29/2018 at 11:05 PM, tlk23 said:

The LA Coliseum's video bid to host WrestleMania 6. Not 7, but 6. This says tickets sales were poor, under 15,000 with less than two months to go.

http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/22956778/wwe-story-wwe-attempt-fill-la-coliseum-wrestlemania-vii

Cool post, thanks a lot. Looking back, I wonder if things were reversed, and they ran LA in ‘90 and Toronto in ‘91, they still would’ve sold out. 

10 hours ago, Pete said:

WWE put up an absolutely fantastic photo-collage story about the AJ/Nak match. Yes, WK10 gets played up heavily.

I believe that’s an actual mini magazine that they’ve produced in limited quantities. WWE’s Reddit account is giving away like 20 of them or something in a few days on r/SquaredCircle and r/WWE.

Per the giant new WON that dropped this morning

Cena vs. Undertaker has been planned for WrestleMania for months, and Undertaker has been training for the match. Undertaker will obviously be in New Orleans to confront Cena.

The last word we got, which was on 4/3, is that from Vince McMahon's standpoint, the belief is that the audience knows he's going to show up and this is the "story" that brings him back to "kick Cena's ass."

"They are also of the belief announcing Taker in advance won't compel anyone to purchase the network, as anyone inclined is getting the network for the show anyway. This is Vince McMahon's story and he seems very happy with it. I think part of it is that Vince McMahon can say, `people are invested in the mere chance Undertaker will show up!"'

If that means a match, or just a confrontation to build to a match next year, is hard to say, past that it was always scheduled as a match dating back several months.

• Like 2

The most WWE thing they could do is plan an encounter between the two to setup the match at a later date, which of course never happens because Cena has a movie or Undertaker has another surgery and they blow their opportunity to actually have the match when they could have had it.

8 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

There's 60,000+ wrestling fans in town, and most of these companies will have their best box office of the year if they draw 800 of them. 

I do question Style Battle running against both TakeOver and SuperCard. Those two shows should combine for over 20,000 people. But, hey, take the shot.

A lot of these companies are going to literally make more money this week than they will the next three months combined. And so many guys are getting what is likely to be their best payday(s) of the year.

On the other hand, have some sympathy for the wrestling journalists who said are going to try to cover everything.

The mere thought of all these groups running shows in/around Gotham next year is giving me the giggles. Hopefully Wrestlecon happens somewhere in NYC as opposed to the Meadowlands again...

Anybody else hoping we get Undertaker beating Cena in a sub-minute squash? It would do more interesting things to Cena's character arc then winning or losing a competitive match, and no matter how broken down 'Taker is I'm sure he can throw a few punches, hit a chokeslam and tombstone, and ride off into the sunset.