DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXIV

MonteCarl

I figure as we're right at the beginning of "WrestleMania Season", we might as well have a thread to discuss the build over the next couple of months, as well as begin the speculation on what the final card will be for the show. With so many titles between the two shows, there end up being so many matches on the shows now. I took my crack at trying to put together a card featuring everybody I could in prominent roles on the show. And with rumors that the Andre Battle Royal will play a bigger part in the show this year, that also opens it up to some of the other bigger names to still have a spot to shine. I came up with this 14 match on the main show card with 3 matches on the pre-show. In the past when I've tried coming up with the final Mania card this early........I've been way off. So I guess we'll see how I do this year.

Brock Lesnar v Roman Reigns - WWE Universal Title

AJ Styles v Shinske Nakamura - WWE World Title

The Miz v Finn Balor - IC Title

Bobby Roode v Rusev v Jinder Mahal v Randy Orton - US Title

Alexa Bliss v Nia Jax - RAW Women's Title

Charlotte v Asuka - SD Women's Title

Cedric Alexander v Neville - Cruiserweight Title

The Bar v Rollins/Ambrose v The Revival v Good Brothers - RAW Tag Titles

Ronda Rousey/Braun Strowman v Stephanie McMahon/HHH

John Cena v Undertaker (or Elias)

Kevin Owens/Sami Zayn v Shane McMahon/Daniel Bryan

Sasha Banks v Bayley

Bray Wyatt v Matt Hardy - Ultimate Deletion Match

Andre Battle Royal Winner = Samoa Joe

Becky/Naomi/Natalya v Riott Squad - PreShow

Pete Dunn v Tyler Bate - UK Title - Preshow

The Usos v Bludgeon Bros - SD Tag Titles - Preshow

With the amount of titles and roster size,  some will be lost in the shuffle unfortunately.

I'll have a bash...at the beach ; )

WWE Universal Championship: Brock Lesnar vs.Roman Reigns - WWE Universal Title

WWE World Championship: AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura - WWE World Title

WWE Intercontinental Title: The Miz vs. Braun Strowman.

WWE United States Championship: Bobby Roode vs. Randy Orton.

WWE RAW Women's Championship: Alexa Bliss vs. Nia Jax.

WWE Smackdown Live Women's Title: Charlotte vs. Asuka.

WWE RAW Tag Team Titles Gauntlet Match: The Bar vs. The Revival vs. Gallows/Anderson.

Ronda Rousey with someone, Rock maybe? vs. Stephanie McMahon/Triple H.

John Cena vs. The Undertaker

Andre Battle Royal Winner: Finn Balor.

Women's Andre Battle Royal Winner: Sasha Banks. Equality and the women not in the championship matches get a meaningful match. Better than nothing. So soon from the Rumble.

WWE Cruiserweight Championship finals.

---

I can see Strowman and Balor switching spots.

I don't think every title will be defended, that happened last year with the Smackdown Live Tag belts and UK Title.

I'd rather have Sasha Banks vs. Asuka for the WWE RAW Women's Title but then Alexa Bliss is missing so her vs. Charlotte for the WWE Smackdown Live Women's Championship?

I'd include WWE Smackdown Live Tag Team Titles: Usos vs. Harper/Rowan vs. Rusev Day vs. New Day.

Again its the size of the roster and how many championships there are in the WWE.

Braun vs Brock have some pretty terrible chemistry is the problem. Their singles match was underwhelming.

In a lot of ways, Brock and Roman had one of the best WM matches in history, even without a real finish. 

On paper, based on speculation, this has the potential to be a great in-ring Mania. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2018 at 1:40 PM, Hagan said:

Braun vs Brock have some pretty terrible chemistry is the problem. Their singles match was underwhelming.

In a lot of ways, Brock and Roman had one of the best WM matches in history, even without a real finish. 

On paper, based on speculation, this has the potential to be a great in-ring Mania. 

For me, Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins from WrestleMania XXXI is one of the greatest matches at a WrestleMania. I didn't mind the finish as the MITB contract is used at WrestleMania for the first time after these two powerhouses in Lesnar/Reigns battered on another. Tough match to top.

3 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

It's probably the best actual main event in Mania history at bare minimum.

Brock and Braun weren't great one on one but they've had really fun stretched in both multi-mans they've been in together.

Yeah, legit contenders for best WrestleMania main event be:

The Rock vs. Steve Austin, WrestleMania X-Seven.

Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit, WrestleMania XX

Edge vs. The Undertaker, WrestleMania XXIV

The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels, WrestleMania XXVI (my pick)

Randy Orton vs. Batista vs. Daniel Bryan, WrestleMania XXX

Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins, WrestleMania XXXI.

You;re right to say we've had good Brock vs. Braun clashes in multi-man matches, the booking of the No Mercy singles match and Brock's performance in it was most disappointing.

20 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

It's probably the best actual main event in Mania history at bare minimum.

Brock and Braun weren't great one on one but they've had really fun stretched in both multi-mans they've been in together.

I mean if you use the Brock-Goldberg spring formula then Brock vs Braun would be fantastic.

But the honest truth is we've been spoiled by Brock vs AJ. 

• Like 1

Agreed on the sprint formula but a) we just saw that b)  Goldberg is better than Braun at that specific genre. 

Note: I'm not necessarily saying Goldberg is a better wrestler than Brock (though, uh...well...that's a fun discussion) but as far as a five minute bomb throwing match I don't think Braun and Brock could top that. 

Honestly, Roman and Brock is the best match and RR has had a great 12 months. I'm good with it. 

• Like 1

Feel like Roman has to turn here/night after.

Roman turns, he's got: Braun, Brock, Rollins, returning Ambrose, eventual interbrand match with AJ, Balor, Cena, even the Hardys at a stretch. Maybe even Angle, or another Taker match if they really have to. There's 2 years worth of programs there.

Face Roman has: Another Brock match, another Joe match, another Braun match, another Miz match, another Bray match. 

16 hours ago, The Natural said:

For me, Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins from WrestleMania XXXI is one of the greatest matches at a WrestleMania. I didn't mind the finish as the MITB contract is used at WrestleMania for the first time after these two powerhouses in Lesnar/Reigns battered on another. Tough match to top.

This was a fantastic match and I thought that it was the point where Roman showed that even though he may have been pushed too hard too soon he was a legit good wrestler capable of hanging with top level competition and deserved a spot at the top of the card.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

This was a fantastic match and I thought that it was the point where Roman showed that even though he may have been pushed too hard too soon he was a legit good wrestler capable of hanging with top level competition and deserved a spot at the top of the card.

Agree with all you say. This was my  2015 Match of the Year.

5 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

Feel like Roman has to turn here/night after.

Roman turns, he's got: Braun, Brock, Rollins, returning Ambrose, eventual interbrand match with AJ, Balor, Cena, even the Hardys at a stretch. Maybe even Angle, or another Taker match if they really have to. There's 2 years worth of programs there.

Face Roman has: Another Brock match, another Joe match, another Braun match, another Miz match, another Bray match. 

It has to be either he turns or Rollins does, and if it's Rollins they probably will eventually have to either get behind and turn Finn, or bring over guys from SmackDown. 

If he wins the belt and they go with Bray... It's dead in the water. Miz could probably be a one month program, but it wouldn't have legs after how many matches they've had lately.

Ambrose at SummerSlam is possible if the nine month time table is accurate. Dean hasn't been heel since the Shield turned four years ago, and I think they've only had one or two big matches one on one so it's kinda fresh. But getting all the way to August looks difficult. 

But I kinda doubt Vince wants to turn Reigns, you know?

Assuming 1 PPV defence a month from April to August before dropping the title to Heel Ambrose/Rollins/Balor -

April - Rematch Brock

May - Midcard defence vs Miz

June - vs Free Agent "Big Match" John Cena

July - vs rematch vs "Big Match" John with stip that he cant get another shot as long as Roman is champ.

August - SummerSlam - Drop to heel Balor/Rollins/Ambrose

Win the title back at the end of the year to set up the Mania match with Braun.

4 hours ago, tlk23 said:

Cena might have a new match for Mania.

https://twitter.com/JustinBarrasso

Like this, Mysterio can get his win back from dickhead Cena who beat Rey for the WWE Championship, same night he won it.

I've wanted Cena vs. Undertaker at WrestleMania for years and it should have by now. Not sure I want to still. The post match by 'Taker at WrestleMania XXXIII last year was perfect.

• Like 1