DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

6 hours ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

It's like you've never watched WWE before.  Even Scott Steiner can correctly calculate the slim odds Ryder and Emma end up on the same show while they're dating.

Are they causing problems in the locker room?  If the answer is no the odds are pretty high.

Had a morbid thought during the first matches of Cruiserweight Classic, and not sure what exactly triggered it, but has there ever been a one-night tournament in wrestling where the person that was booked to win the whole thing got legit injured during an opening round match and couldn't continue, so they had to change the booking on the fly? I want to say it maybe happened one time with a CZW Tournament of Death, but curious if that has ever happened elsewhere.

27 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

So James Ellsworth had an AMA on Reddit today and I read some of his comments, this was pretty cool and made me laugh 

I prefer this line:

I'd think that any man with any number of hands has a chance, the more hands the better I suppose.

Philosophical!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

Were Cass and Carmella causing problems?  Because they got split up, too.

This one actually had a logical explanation as they wanted Carmella to get established on her own as a women's wrestler.

Plus - with Vince's love affair with Cass, they definitely want to portray him as unattached

11 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

Had a morbid thought during the first matches of Cruiserweight Classic, and not sure what exactly triggered it, but has there ever been a one-night tournament in wrestling where the person that was booked to win the whole thing got legit injured during an opening round match and couldn't continue, so they had to change the booking on the fly? I want to say it maybe happened one time with a CZW Tournament of Death, but curious if that has ever happened elsewhere.

NJPW G1 Climax, where Tenzan knocked his opponent (Nagata?) out in the semi final  and they had to change the winner.

15 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

Indy level, but the 2009 ECCW Pacific Cup had to be completely rebooked on the fly when the intended winner, Artemis Spencer, blew out his knee in the opening round.  El Phantasmo ended up winning, and Arty won the PacCup the following year.

I feel Bray and Rowan will just tread water and lose matches until Harper comes back. Then they will feud with Alpha and it will be awesome. Also it seems like Swagger is just going to be fed to Corbin and that is a crime. The Vaudvillians should be fed to Corbin in a 'everybody leaves town' match.

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I'm pretty sure Vince feels a manager with an actual stable is too old time rasslin' for his modern entertainment product.

Why did Sons of Anarchy only influence the smaller wrestling federations....

7 hours ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

NJPW G1 Climax, where Tenzan knocked his opponent (Nagata?) out in the semi final  and they had to change the winner.

You're thinking of a one night tournament they held in Feb 04 for the IWGP after Nakamura vacated. He delayed Nagata's second reign by another three years with a precision moonsault knee to the face. There were quarterfinals held earlier that night so it doesn't quite fit the question but every year I've no idea who will win the G1 until someone inevitably gets injured then I'm convinced it was meant to be them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

because Vince hasn't seen Sons of Anarchy...maybe before he dies. 

Has there ever been a discussion about what shows Vince does/did actually watch? I know he's very busy and very unaware of culture but there had to be something he enjoyed in the last 40 years.

7 minutes ago, DTTW said:

Has there ever been a discussion about what shows Vince does/did actually watch? I know he's very busy and very unaware of culture but there had to be something he enjoyed in the last 40 years.

He's currently up to Season 3 of Cagney & Lacey.

• Like 7