DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

8 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

I'm sure they do.  And Stephanie had children with a guy that drugged and married her against her will when she was Paige's age, so there's still a chance that whatever mistakes Paige makes can work out alk right in the end.

For a split second, I forgot about the angle and thought you were talking about Vince.  I'm relieved.  I didn't want to go down that rabbit hole.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

For a split second, I forgot about the angle and thought you were talking about Vince.  I'm relieved.  I didn't want to go down that rabbit hole.

It will be revealed Vince was molesting Stephanie for years as his last angle to strip him of all power and write him off when he's too old and frail to be an on screen character. There will be a grown mongoloid revealed to be living in the boiler room of Titan Towers, played by the returning Marcus Louis.

Sorry for taking you down that rabbit hole. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Yeah, that is not remotely the worst tattoo even in the WWE women's division, let alone WWE, let alone wrestling.

(Charlotte's side writing tattoo still bugs the fuck out of me, and I'm not sure why.)

Page has "Papi" on one of her fingers.

I have more to say on that, but I trust you guys to do the work on that one so I can avoid a banning.

Berto and Kanye West have something in common?

I don't think "Ryback" is really a name worth fighting for.  I mean, The Sin City Cyborg The Ryborg is right there.  That's what he should legally get his first name changed to.

• Like 2

Been watching the NJPW on AXS stuff that is just now airing in Canada and I have 2 questions
1) Does Okada have any matches that don't feature him either hitting the tombstone piledriver of having a tombstone piledriver countered?
2) For all the people upset by Gallows/Anderson looking dopey in WWE, how often did the Bullet Club look like killers in NJPW? Because every time they've shown them, they are bumping into each other, stooging around and generally looking clueless (With the exception being Takahashi's heel turn where he helped Styles win the title) and having their interference either backfire or shrugged off.  Bad Luck Fale is a less succesful bodyguard than any wrestling bodyguard this side of Alex Riley.

6 hours ago, caley said:

Been watching the NJPW on AXS stuff that is just now airing in Canada and I have 2 questions
1) Does Okada have any matches that don't feature him either hitting the tombstone piledriver of having a tombstone piledriver countered?
2) For all the people upset by Gallows/Anderson looking dopey in WWE, how often did the Bullet Club look like killers in NJPW? Because every time they've shown them, they are bumping into each other, stooging around and generally looking clueless (With the exception being Takahashi's heel turn where he helped Styles win the title) and having their interference either backfire or shrugged off.  Bad Luck Fale is a less succesful bodyguard than any wrestling bodyguard this side of Alex Riley.

Okada's formula in general bugs me along with his spotty selling. I don't need to see him back an opponent into the ropes, fake an overhand chop and then give a loving pat every match. The fact that the crowd goes "ooooooh" every time despite seeing him do that every match is mind boggling. Either mix it up or use it sporadically. 

Also, Rainmaker pose - > Rainmaker counter is getting comical as of late. I'd love to see him hit it on the first attempt once in awhile.

I know. I come off as grumpy old wrestling fan here.

Former WWE Divas Champion Paige is currently scheduled to make her WWE return as early as next week’s Monday Night Raw event.

According to a new report by PWInisder, both Paige and the WWE have been in talks within the last several days about Paige making her return to the company. The report comes just a week after conflicting reports suggested that the WWE Superstar had quietly quit the company following therelease of her boyfriend Alberto Del Rio.

Paige is currently working off a 30 day suspension she received for violating WWE’s Wellness Program which is set to end on September 17th. Paige’s last televised match prior to her 30 day suspension was on the June 27th episode of Raw, where she teamed up with Sasha Banks to take on the team of Charlotte and Dana Brooke

http://www.diva-dirt.com/126946/paige-reportedly-set-return-next-weeks-monday-night-raw/

Hopefully Paige can keep her head on straight because she would really help round out the Raw women's division. She could be a solid filler challenger for Sasha or a good first feud for Bayley. She's also young enough that I don't think she'll miss out on being a big player in the current landscape. Obviously, establishing Sasha and Bayley is the main priority over the next year or so, but Paige can fit in as a face or heel when they need a change of pace.

17 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

I think they'll actually give Paige a decent push upon returning and then feed her to Nia Jax.

Knowing WWE they'd just skip the push part and feed her to Nia.  Though if they wanted to establish a credible enough feud they can work it in a way where it doesn't kill both of them dead.  Or they can be petty and squash Paige six ways 'til Sunday.

Things WWE could do with Paige upon her return:

1. put her in a program with Charlotte, based on the motivation that they have "unfinished business" regarding the PCB break-up
  2. put her in a program with Sasha, based on the motivation that the WrestleMania match should have been a PCB three-way, and that Sasha "stole her spot"
  3. put her in a program with Bayley, based on the motivation that she's sick and tired of all the Horsewomen showing up on the main roster to steal her thunder
  4. have Nia squash her, then relegate her to the distaff JTTS section with Alicia Fox

I have a pretty good idea of which one I'd bet on...

16 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I don't know how others view Alicia Fox, but I'm a fan of hers and loved to see her elevated to a contender. 

She's really good. If nothing else, her northern lights suplex is one of the division's better moves. But, I don't think it's happening. Sasha, Bayley, and Charlotte aren't straying too far from the title. Nia's being built in that direction, and--although I somewhat doubt it--Dana could catch on. Then you've got Emma coming back eventually, Paige next week, and Summer is still alive, I believe. It's crowded, and they're struggling to give everyone something to do already. (And they don't seem all that motivated, either. As good as the horsewomen are, the writing often comes close to saying everyone sucked before they arrived. On Tuesdays, Smackdown has gone out of its way to make sure the division isn't just Becky and ________.)

• Like 2