DVDVR Message Board

2016 ROH DISCUSSION THREAD

Announced for the Tournament were

Bullet Club (but they specifically didn't say what members)

The Cabinet (Rhett Titus, Kenny King and Caprice Coleman)

The Addiction (Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian) and Kamaitachi.

2 hours ago, Web Conn said:

There should defiantly be a Women of Honor Championship 

I will be so sad if that was just a typo and not a joke.

• Like 1

Not this time, I mean the division is somewhat in its infancy in ROH and some of the women are green in respect to other members of the roster but if they want to build the prestige of the division why not create a championship and try to get women like ODB and Amber Gallows under contract and put the title on one of them and like the less experienced women learn under them. Idk just a thought. Hopefully I misspelled something in there.

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 2:56 PM, Oyaji said:

To be fair, Punisher Martinez along with Jason Kincaid were the most impressive guys in the prospect tournament.

Jason Kinkaid, Avenging Hillbilly of Shaolin, is my favorite worker in the fed right now and I love what I have seen of Punisher Martinez.

• Like 2

Seriously, Kincaid is so different in both appearance and mannerisms from anybody else on the indies, it's remarkably fresh. And his incredibly creative moves that he pulls out of his ass are so much fun to watch.

• Like 2

I hate most flippy guys but the awesome thing about watching Kinkaid work is that he isn't a typical flippy guy spot monkey.  His offense isn't reckless even though it looks like it is and it appears to hit totally at random even though dudes obviously know when to catch him so you realize that there is some match structure there.  

Sometimes he gets too excited though.  You can notice a little frustration when he's ready for his spot and the other guy isn't prepared to catch him.  He seems to get a little miffed when guys blow up mid-match and aren't conditioned to work at his pace.  Like it or not, he's going to have to learn how to play to the crowd more as a babyface since that is the equivalent of the chin lock rest hold for good guys.

So here I am giving Donovan Dijak more credit now that I have watched the Kinkaid vs. Dijak match twice over the weekend on DVR, and noticed that the big man was there at the right place at the right time to receive the high flying spots despite being a lumbering giant with deceptive amounts of cardio, he protected himself and Kinkaid at all times so he knows his shit, and he sold the wear and tear and made you believe that Kinkaid had a chance in hell of winning the match.

I still hate his finisher like the plague.  A big boot or a simple power bomb would be far more believable than that crazy GTS thingie designed to make movez marks swoon.

I actually love the idea of a 6-man title because they have way too many tag teams (Addiction, Bucks, RPG Vice, MCMG, War Machine, Taylor/Lee, Bob Evans/that guy who looks like his son, Briscoes, ANX, RedDRagon) that you won't see a team for WEEKS on TV so a 6-man title could/should solve those issues.  i.e. you could have Addiction/MCMG for the tag titles, War Machine-Taylor-Lee feuding, then some combo of the Bucks-RPG Vice-ANX for the 6-man titles.

This main event on last week show is why the Bullet Club will never be strong heels.  With all of the things they have done why should we be outraged with that finish.  It was like the MCMG were working with the Bucks which makes no sense at all.  Every time the try to book like a serious faction, they treat them like fun loving guys that everyone loves

Commentary was completely unbearable this show.  The only thing I gather from Matt Taven is that the new Kingdom (if that is actually going to happen) is going to be like the period when the House Of Truth were all goofy perverts

39 minutes ago, nate said:

Why's Truth done?

According to the Observer after his neck surgery they were going to bring him back with Lethal.  Since Lethal's face now they said they didn't have anything for him.  I find that ridiculous as there's ways they could have brought him back in.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NickMD said:

According to the Observer after his neck surgery they were going to bring him back with Lethal.  Since Lethal's face now they said they didn't have anything for him.  I find that ridiculous as there's ways they could have brought him back in.

"Manager finds a new charge to go after former charge after they switch sides" is one of the most basic, can't-miss wrestling angles ever.  It would be a great chance for someone who needs a mouthpiece to get over.

• Like 4

Absolutely, and they should have very much done that.  I could definitely think of a few guys that could have benefitted from that.  But nope, they didn't have anything.  Seems misguided on their part to say the least.