DVDVR Message Board

2016 ROH DISCUSSION THREAD

I forgot to mention that for two guys I'm often pretty "meh" on, that was a pretty swank Kushida-KOR match this week.  I especially loved KOR's sell of the baseball punch (or whatever it's called) the way his knees buckled and he spat out his mouthguard.  Made it look really violent.  Ending was a little bland after all that, but I'm pretty sure it was a political ending.

seriously, how are they not in WWE? Especially with more and more emphasis being put on actual teams. I mean, they'd be the epitome of round peg in square hole and maybe they don't want to be there but stil...

I can't see any way the Briscoes in WWE wouldn't be a huge disappointment.  Vince would never trust either of them with a live mic unless he was certain he'd reined them in, and they'd probably have to tone down or change their style drastically.  The comment from Meltzer years ago was that it wasn't worth signing them because they'd have to completely re-train them from scratch.

I do wonder what Vince would make of their look.  Jay's look doesn't seem like it would play well to a larger audience and Mark's "Island of Dr, Moreau" look is... something.

In all seriousness, could the Briscoes even pass a physical?  They supposedly have a ridiculous number of concussions between them.

All this being said - I could see a scenario where the WWE works out a deal for the Briscoes to be in the Dusty Classic

EDIT - This is at least the 2nd time, Jay has referenced New Day and it makes me giddy. I am a fool.

7 hours ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

I can imagine the Briscoes getting some sort of NXT tryout and it going about as well as the American Wolves tryout did.

I still blame that on the suck of The Ascension. 

Just for the record - I would totally watch a show where Jay Briscoe just recommends the best equipment to buy for the property I will never ever be able to afford.

• Like 4

Yeah - nothing official yet.

He must likely will work EVOLVE and other indies and go from there

Meltzer said he would have stuck with ROH if he had been able to get a full time gig with New Japan (I guess kinda like Elgin)

And typical ROH booking.  You have Whitmer vs Corino fight without honor on a feud built up for a year.   Both guys bleeding like pigs (mostly hardway it seems) and Kevin Sullivan does a run in to help Whitmer.  Sullivan who I am sure has never been in ROH is in this finish.  What the fuck?