DVDVR Message Board

2016 ROH DISCUSSION THREAD

I think we get it two or three times in Milwaukee across two Sinclair stations (Sat 1PM, Sat 11PM), plus Comet being a substation of another channel.

I can't really figure out if Bobby Fish is supposed to be a heel or face. And it's weird to see Dijak doing moonsaults.

Like I said in the last thread Concord looks like fun, Kazarian vs Shelley, Sydal n ACH vs Young Bucks and String vs Masada of all people.

Edit:

Just saw the web article for this on the ROH site.  I am more interested as it gets closer.  I want to watch more live Indy wrestling in 2016.

I feel ya I go to school in Vegas this is my second year there and I have yet to go to a Future Stars of Wrestking show. I'm gonna try to make it at least once next term. I also have tickets to ROH's Anniversary show in Vegas.

I went to my first ROH show in 10 years last night in Collinsville.  The Young Bucks are just WAY too much fun to watch live.  Sort of shocking really because I've never been the biggest fan, but yeah they were great!

I feel ya I go to school in Vegas this is my second year there and I have yet to go to a Future Stars of Wrestking show. I'm gonna try to make it at least once next term. I also have tickets to ROH's Anniversary show in Vegas.

I went to a show of theirs last year. The shows are really really long.

I was there last night.  Favorite match of the night was Castle-Delirious, as expected.  Think I'm getting a bit burned out on the ROH style as a lot of the matches didn't faze me as much as you'd think.  Cool to see a few of the local guys get on the show.  Talked to Solo Darling briefly(she worked the Indy show so I guess she was traveling with the group).  Saw Christopher Daniels afterwards.

The philly street fight main event this week is like those crazy PWG Guerrilla Warfare tag matches.

Yes that was fun! I am just so glad that Mr Wrestling III has taken over for Steve Corino without missing a beat on commentary. It's cool that he even does Steve's catch phrases as a tribute as well!
  • Like 2

Yeah, I don't get the resemblance between Corino and Mr. Wrestling III.  III wears a mask; Corino doesn't.  Totally different people.

Also, Corino wears glasses and III doesn't.  If III was Corino, he wouldn't be able to see.

• Like 4

Is that Christopher Daniels gimmick as lame as it sounds or is it tongue in cheek?

"This medal, I received for going to a one hour draw against CM Punk, And THIS medal I received for succesfully navigating backstage politics in TNA for two year"

• Like 1

None of the things your are telling me about Daniels disproves he is a Nazi

And I've realized that 80% of my problem with the Young Bucks comes from the yelling of SUPERKICK!

Fuck Kevin Kelly and Fuck Steve Corino

• Like 1

SCUM-era Corino was on heel-Cole levels of intolerability.  Thankfully he's toned it down.

I really wanted to see Eddie Edwards vs. Adam Cole to see how Kelly and Corino would settle their respective man-crushes.

Solo Darling is tiny.  Kinda wish they could have had a women's match on the show; Lucy Mendez was in the house.

Was hoping for a local standout to get the T.V. Title shot so Cheeseburger was kinda disappointing that regard.  However, that managed to turn a pro-Roddy crowd TOTALLY against him by the end of the match.  'Burger is over, regardless of what you might think of him.

Kevin Lee Davidson lasted slightly longer against Will Ferrara than he did in his TV match with Michael Elgin.  He's a big dude who can move; he does an impressive spinning heel kick for his size.  Look forward to seeing how far he goes once he has more experience.

Delirious didn't get a chance to throw my hat, sadly.  The match was a lot of fun as Delirious kept chasing The Boys around, then lured a Boy under the ring to put a Delirious mask on him and fool the other Boy into attacking his brother.  Referee Mike Gordon(recipient of several "Carrot Top" chants) was knocked down and Castle had Delirious rolled up for an eternity before another ref ran in to count two.

Adam Cole is a guy who people love to hate as people were mostly chanting along with ADAM COLE BAY-BAY.  His match with Moose was really good.

Interesting development after the main event as everyone did the mutual respect promos and A.C.H. vowed to get to the top of ROH "regardless of what some people think of him".  This led to the Bucks double-superkicking A.C.H. before leaving...and once A.C.H. recovered, he seemed upset at the fans for cheering the Bucks' actions (especially since it was essentially a "hometown" crowd for him).