DVDVR Message Board

2016 ROH DISCUSSION THREAD

30 minutes ago, NickMD said:

Absolutely, and they should have very much done that.  I could definitely think of a few guys that could have benefitted from that.  But nope, they didn't have anything.  Seems misguided on their part to say the least.

It doesn't surprise me the Lizard Man can't come up with something else for Truth. 

Delirious is going to look really bad if Truth moves on to Evolve, then gets an announcing gig or managing gig in nxt.

Not gonna miss Martini.  I always thought his act was pretty bush league, even for a glorified super indy like ROH.  

Martini managing the ROH Champ was, to me, the equivalent of if Slick had showed up in mid-1990s All Japan and become Misawa's manager.

Or if the Four Horsemen had fired J.J. Dillon and replaced him with No. 1 Paul Jones.

Probably the best equivalent was when Pedicino was actually pushing "The Expert" Bruce Prichard as the lead heel manager in GWF.

We have gotten a couple of vignettes of Sullivan talking about how Corino and Whitmer are his "two sons" and he has to choose which one to keep.  Plus it seems that Punisher Martinez is the new Purple Haze as they making it seem like he came out of the water just like Lewin.  I guess Whitmer is the Bob Roop of the group

I wonder if ROH fans even get these references?  I mean not only was this in the early 80's but in Florida territory not even Crockett

As a ROH fan from Washington State. i would love for them to come to the TSeattle/Portland area. they have TV all over Washington and Oregon. I guess my question is does it seem like a possibility to see ROH tour the PNW in the near future? I understand that the state athletic commissions in both states make it hard for indy promotions and even the WWE to tour there on a regular basis but I k now from going to wrestling events in both states that the wrestling fans there are starved for live wrestling and I would love to see ROH live in my state. I attend school in Las Vegas so ive seen ROH live twice for their last two Anniversary shows but would love to see them in the Seattle/Portland area. I would drive the three hours from Tacoma to Portland to see ROH I did it for NXT.

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

There's always Youtube. But yeah, don't see ROHbots looking up Sullivan in Florida and necessarily liking it. 

Are there ROHbots left? During Gabe's days it was easy to defend most of what the company did. These days? I don't think you'd find too many people that accept and like everything ROH does.

This weeks TV was pretty good. Caprice vs Dalton sets up a potential future trios tourney match between Dalton and the boys vs The Cabinet if they decide to go that way. I liked the Dijak squash match real old school wrestling feel. And the main event like Charlie said was a lot of fun. Also there was a badass video package of the whole Kevin Sullivan/Whitmar/Martinez/Corino thing. The only thing I didn't really enjoy was the whole opening in ring promo between Adam Cole with Bullet Club and Jay Lethal it felt kinda low rent Raw to me.

Apparently one of the ROH announcers (don't recall the name, mainly does the WOH matches) goes to Ped State and tweeted that if they go ahead with their plans to honor Paterno he will transfer to another school. Anyone else who goes there should do likewise.

You'd think with the way he was taken out and the lateral move ROH ended up making with Dijak that Martini could easily be brought back as a face.  Not necessarily with Lethal but with another big guy like Keith Lee to feud with Dijak and Nana.

On 9/3/2016 at 5:01 AM, Jerome Miller said:

Martini managing the ROH Champ was, to me, the equivalent of if Slick had showed up in mid-1990s All Japan and become Misawa's manager.

I agree with Martini being a bad fit for the top of the card but Misawa dancing to the ring to Jive Soul Bro would've been awesome.

• Like 2

If they wanted to do like Heyman used to do in ECW and bring back guys just to be buried one last time, I'd be fine with Truth coming out to cut a promo about how the House of Truth will rise again but then the Young Bucks come out, cut a promo about his irritating, scratchy voice and then nail him with the Meltzer Driver and he leaves on a stretcher for good.

Seeing as how this is the 15th Anniversary year for ROH, maybe they could have The Carnage Crew be the ones to beat the living hell out of Truth.

Looks like the end of RoH's working relationship with PCW in the UK. On the PCW website, they've issued a quite blunt statement bringing up broken promises (Adam Cole not defending the PCW cruiserweight title on RoH TV as agreed being one example), not promoting the co-run Supercard of Honor shows on Twitter and, as a final straw, deciding to run a show in Liverpool on the same day as PCW already have one booked. Pretty rotten if true, and PCW say they can't in good faith put $15,000(!) towards flights and visa's for wrestlers to run against them.

The result of this is that instead of Supercard of Honor, PCW are now running 2 interpromotional tournaments (heavyweight and cruiserweight) with WxW, Beyond and CZW, which frankly sounds more interesting anyway.