DVDVR Message Board

2016 ROH DISCUSSION THREAD

Actually with ROH it USUALLY means they can't work anywhere but PWG

Obviously - each could have worked whatever specific language they wanted to in their deals.

Really - it just means they aren't going to the WWE anytime soon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Actually with ROH it USUALLY means they can't work anywhere but PWG

Obviously - each could have worked whatever specific language they wanted to in their deals.

Really - it just means they aren't going to the WWE anytime soon.

I believe all ROH contracted wrestlers can also take bookings outside of the US wherever they want as long as it doesn't overlap with ROH commitments.

I would guess Ospreay just signed on for as long as his NJPW contract lasts. When it comes to Scurll, I have a feeling WWE has no interest for whatever reason.

7 hours ago, The Z said:

When it comes to Scurll, I have a feeling WWE has no interest for whatever reason.

I feel that if enough "Indy buzz" is built up they will attempt to work with Marty at some point. Just my opinion though.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I am probably the only person in North America that marked for the plague doctor mask.

Not at all, man.  I wish he had that when seeing him last year, but I'm quite pleased he's got that mask.  Heck, I even dressed as a plague doctor this year for Halloween.  Must be something in the water. :)

I have a feeling Marty will be Cody's opponent for Final Battle.  Can't remember if they wrestled before, but if not then there you go.

• Like 2

I need to see more of Marty's wrestling to get a better sense of how he is in that department.  But if the videos showed me (like the one above) is that he should really consider acting.  He strikes me as a potentially good villainous actor that just happens to wrestle.  I know some people are raving about him in BOLA so I'll start there.  But when I met him I brought up those videos and he was insanely proud of them.  It's amazing how some something like that can take a wrestler and make him stand out so much.

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I need to see more of Marty's wrestling to get a better sense of how he is in that department.  But if the videos showed me (like the one above) is that he should really consider acting.  He strikes me as a potentially good villainous actor that just happens to wrestle.  I know some people are raving about him in BOLA so I'll start there.  But when I met him I brought up those videos and he was insanely proud of them.  It's amazing how some something like that can take a wrestler and make him stand out so much.

Not sure who's raving about him in BOLA.  Most of the comments in the BOLA thread here were pretty sour on him winning it.  I like him just fine but him winning the whole thing was like the year Joey Ryan won it.  Unexpected and not in a good way.

So if I heard it right on the syndicated show, the guys from the Cabinet cut a promo to basically say that the Cabinet gimmick was just that, a gimmick. But their next incarnation, that's the one that's going to be really real.

36 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It's a far cry from Gabe's glory days. Delirious is really the shits.

Not hard to believe, since his booking notes are probably all "baba bababaBABA BAbaba".

• Like 8

6 hours ago, zev said:

So if I heard it right on the syndicated show, the guys from the Cabinet cut a promo to basically say that the Cabinet gimmick was just that, a gimmick. But their next incarnation, that's the one that's going to be really real.

Is that the interview done at ringside right after the cmll vs roh match?

As i was leaving , it sounded like some kind of worked shoot pipe bomb dealie-a-bob.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Is that the interview done at ringside right after the cmll vs roh match?

As i was leaving , it sounded like some kind of worked shoot pipe bomb dealie-a-bob.

Yeah, it was.  It is beyond stupid for the Cabinet to pull a 180 and say "Oh, it was setup for something worse!"  Whoever came up with this whole thing is bad and should feel bad.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

Can I go ahead and start proactively hating all the ROH fans who are going to ruin his gimmick by cheering for him like he's a babyface?

Yes you can.  I will love him secretly in my heart, but I will boo the fuck out of him during a live event.

I may even throw a cup or something at the ring.

Anyone that covers him in streamers when he wrestles needs to have their ass beat.

• Like 2

On Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 5:42 PM, zev said:

This was even worse than it sounds like it would be.  It doesn't help matters that Kelly and Corino no-sold the whole thing as soon as the Cabinet stopped talking.