DVDVR Message Board

2016 ROH DISCUSSION THREAD

Yeah, surely this can't have anything to do with that supposed UK tournament...

Also, since it hasn't been mentioned yet: Adam Cole worked wXw yesterday and during his match used a package piledriver and yelled "see you soon, Kevin Owens". Take that for what you want.

5 hours ago, The Z said:

Yeah, surely this can't have anything to do with that supposed UK tournament...

Also, since it hasn't been mentioned yet: Adam Cole worked wXw yesterday and during his match used a package piledriver and yelled "see you soon, Kevin Owens". Take that for what you want.

They're good buddies.  Shortly after he won the title, Cole posted a photo that said something like "Just two dudes hanging out with their world titles" and it was him and Owens in the pic.

5 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Has it been reported elsewhere (ie, Meltzer)?

The item up on the RoH website reads like part of an angle, not a legit "this guy is leaving the company" announcement.

Yeah, it reads as angle to me, too, with the Bullet Club references etc.  Either that, or he's leaving to do something else, and ROH is using it to further an angle.

Saw this week's WOH special tv episode. Thought it was real bad with pretty much awful wrestling. There was one woman whose name escapes me whose offense was that she had a large posterior. I am not joking when I say she was the single worst performer I have seen on a TV show from a significant promotion this year. She looked like she was having her first match after one day of training. And Mandy Leon literally has nothing going for her except her looks. Can't wrestle and has the charisma and promo ability of a block of wood. Forget the WWE and NXT women's divisions, this was worse than TNA.

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

Saw this week's WOH special tv episode. Thought it was real bad with pretty much awful wrestling. There was one woman whose name escapes me whose offense was that she had a large posterior. I am not joking when I say she was the single worst performer I have seen on a TV show from a significant promotion this year. She looked like she was having her first match after one day of training. And Mandy Leon literally has nothing going for her except her looks. Can't wrestle and has the charisma and promo ability of a block of wood. Forget the WWE and NXT women's divisions, this was worse than TNA.

Don't know the name of the one with the huge posterior.  But she literally had her first match a few months ago.  At a non-TV show in Baltimore let's just say she was wildly popular for a certain reason.  But she's not good and seems to be aware of that.  As for Mandy on the last WOH special they aired I though she had a good match.

By Mike Johnson on 2016-12-12 21:08:00
Yesterday, while writing about Nigel McGuinness' exit as the storyline Matchmaker from Ring of Honor, I noted that there had been interest in McGuinness in the past as a trainer for WWE at the Performance Center.  We are told by a WWE source that McGuinness has had a standing offer to explore that opportunity if he desired.  One would have to assume that it's something that is going to be explored.  If McGuinness is completely done with ROH, after everything he's done over the years, I truly hope that his exit is something a little more special beyond an announcement on their website.

Ring of Honor is moving forward in a big way with the Women of Honor division.  There are not only plans to institute the first champion, but we are hearing that the company will be offering contracts to several regulars in the division.  The names we have heard most likely to get offers are Kelly Klein, Mandy Leone, Deonna Purrazzo and Taeler Hendrix, all of whom have been regulars for the WOH brand.  Purrazzo is an interesting name as she regularly works for WWE NXT and is in high demand on the independent circuit.  She is working this week for WWE at their TV tapings and appeared in a segment on Raw tonight during the New Day's celebration.

There's been a lot of speculation in recent days about BJ Whitmer and WWE having interest in him as a trainer as well.  That is not something we can confirm, but given his pedigree of being trained by the legendary Les Thatcher as well as his excellent job working for ROH behind the scenes as an agent, it certainly makes sense to me.  Whitmer is one of the names we have mentioned who's current deal is expected to lapse at the end of 2016 who has been talking with the company about a new deal.

8 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Don't know the name of the one with the huge posterior.  But she literally had her first match a few months ago.  At a non-TV show in Baltimore let's just say she was wildly popular for a certain reason.  But she's not good and seems to be aware of that.  As for Mandy on the last WOH special they aired I though she had a good match.

Faye Jackson. I think this was only the 2nd time I ever saw her on TV. Think she took on ODB at some point recently. And yeah, she's green as all hell.

12 hours ago, Peck said:

Faye Jackson. I think this was only the 2nd time I ever saw her on TV. Think she took on ODB at some point recently. And yeah, she's green as all hell.

1. Faye Jackson does indeed have a big booty.

2. Faye Jackson isn't only as green as grass, she's got no ringsmanship whatsoever.  I admire her enthusiasm but she could stand to dial it down a bit.

So WWE is now hiring trainers who can show prospects what NOT to do?  That's some next level shit.  Maybe Nigel & Danielson can do a two man seminar where they show their stupidly-worked ROH matches and explain just what spots contributed to their shortened careers.  (Yes I know Nigel retired due to Hep but the concussions would have caught up eventually, work with me here)

NIGEL RETIRED BECAUSE OF HEP... okay sorry I was supposed to be helping.

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

So WWE is now hiring trainers who can show prospects what NOT to do? 

You've got a whole cadre of cruiserweights out there now doing all sorts of crazy shit with only Kendrick serving as the grounded old school standard bearer.  

Who better to reel in the spottiest monkeys than Bryan and Nigel?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

You've got a whole cadre of cruiserweights out there now doing all sorts of crazy shit with only Kendrick serving as the grounded old school standard bearer.  

Ummmm what? So you're saying Gallagher and Gulak don't work a grounded style? I'd say there is a pretty decent mix of styles in the WWE CW right now.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 3:47 PM, Infinit said:

Ummmm what? So you're saying Gallagher and Gulak don't work a grounded style? I'd say there is a pretty decent mix of styles in the WWE CW right now.

Broad brush strokes not withstanding, yeah, guys like Bryan and Nigel will help extend the careers of some of those guys by reeling them in a bit.