DVDVR Message Board

2016 ROH DISCUSSION THREAD

I am actually looking forward to this ROH ppv.   One thing I do have to say though is Veda is a total bitch in person. We saw her blow past a few kids who waited for an autograph after a show near Pittsburgh  and literally the next night in Buffalo we were talking to Dijak and she walked past us.  We said "hey Veda" and she blew us off also. Only diva or woman in wrestling I ever personally saw acting like a bitch.  You would think she actually had talent by how she acted.

• Like 1

So you're mad at a wrestler that usually plays heel for behaving...like a heel?

When I was a kid, I went to a show that featured Sting and Ricky Steamboat. They were total babyfaces, thought I hadn't heard the term babyface back then. Anyway, I didn't get their autographs then. I point this out because since they were "good guys", does that mean they're awful people for not signing programs for the children?

Oh, and I once said Hey to The Great Muta, but he didn't say hey back. Didn't even acknowledge me. Is the Great Muta a "bitch" as well?

Well Zev  you also didn't see her facial  expressions and she didn't even work the show she was just there. My friends and I are in our 30's  and also indy workers (not for ROH but we are indy workers) We knew Dijak, Rowe, and a few of the other guys and were talking to them. It isn't like we were hanging around begging for a picture or an autograph.  Dijak basically saying "fuck her' would also show that he thinks she is a bitch as well.  Have you met her?  Has anyone here met her? Was she having a bad weekend maybe?  If it was just a bad day I don't think Dijak would have said "fuck her"  

7 hours ago, zev said:

Anyone know if Corino's already gone to WWE, or is he allowed to be at Final Battle? After all the TV time spent on the Whitmer feud, only seems right that they have something on air where Steve and Colby reunite after "Mr. Wrestling III" wins some sort of challenge match against Whitmer or Martinez.

He is allegedly still under contract to ROH for a little while longer, and not legally able to even discuss a contract with the WWE.  Though him working at the PC for a week probably means he got permission to talk to them about it.  

The Young Bucks, Matt & Nick Jackson, have signed a new two-year contract which covers both Ring of Honor and New Japan Pro Wrestling, to continue on a similar schedule as they did this year.

The deal has a significant increase in money from both companies in both companies for 2017, and another increase in 2018, and will allow them to maintain their own merchandise. They are also going to have more input into creative, as they were the ones who set the wheels in motion for Matt Hardy's video on the show last night.

The Hardys have the contractual ability to do the show, which is scheduled for April 1st in Lakeland, FL, the night before WrestleMania in Orlando, at the Jenkins Arena.

TNA signed off on Matt Hardy's video appearing on the ROH PPV last night at the 11th hour, as well as on Brandi Rhodes being able to appear to introduce her husband.

Contrary to rumors, The Young Bucks will not be on the TNA television show at the Hardys Compound and there is nothing on paper regarding anyone from ROH working for TNA, but the fact TNA was cooperative would theoretically mean a relationship has been opened.

The contracts are exclusive to the U.S. and Japanese market, but it would enable them to do overseas dates that don't coincide with ROH or New Japan bookings. The only exception is they are allowed to continue working PWG dates.

Taeler Hendrix joined Sullivan's New Age of the Fallen Angels of Darkness group, as per a backstage vignette filmed with him and Punishment Martinez where she attacked Mandy Leon. Those two ladies have a no DQ match tonight. Martinez, by the way, has a laugh that makes me think he's going to one day end a promo by singing "You're a mean one, Mister Grinch."

On Sunday, December 04, 2016 at 6:31 PM, Ramo2653 said:

I don't know what was going on with the Sullivan/Corino segment.

It was weird.  I'm starting to get the feeling even Sullivan doesn't give a shit about this program anymore.  He kind of half-assed his promo to Hanson.

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Reports are that Silas Young has re-signed for another year

As long as the Beer City Bruiser was also re-upped I am fine with this.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sabremike said:

As long as the Beer City Bruiser was also re-upped I am fine with this.

Couldn't stand him when he first joined the company. Now, I want to see him and Silas win the tag belts.

What would make a crowd crazier, BCB and Young beating the Bucks, or Castle's Boys winning the titles after that?

• Like 1

I legit LOVED that War Machine-Whitmer/Martinez match from this past week.  I dunno if it's going to lead to Hanson joining the group (Do they have a name? Is it what zev said?) but I'd be okay with that.  Heck, I'd be okay with War Machine joining the group.  I kinda love the idea of Dungeon of Doom 2K16 vs. Bullet Club, personally.

I actually don't know if that heel faction has a name. What I stated was just a goof based on other faction names. Dungeon of Doom 2k16 works just as well. Especially if they have Sullivan try to lure Meng's kids over from the BC. And if they hire Shark Boy, because the Dungeon needs a Shark.