DVDVR Message Board

2016 ROH DISCUSSION THREAD

I think there are a few guys in the WWE that would come pretty close if they were given the sort of liberty to do their own thing like Mark and Jay.  But yeah, the Briscoes are pretty much the upper class of promos.

I've only been back to watching ROH regularly for the past month, and so far, the Pretty Boy Killers vs War Machine feud is the best thing going.  Lee and Taylor need to ditch the slacks, though.  Their normal gear is fine.

• Like 1

Is anyone going to the show in Atlanta on Saturday? I don't watch ROH but bought a ticket because Jushin Liger will be there. What should I expect?

RINGMASTER CHALLENGE
COLT CABANA vs. JAY LETHAL

RINGMASTER CHALLENGE RULES
- 1ST FALL - PINFALL ONLY
- 2ND FALL - SUBMISSION ONLY
- 3RD FALL (IF NECESSARY) - 30 MIN. IRONMAN MATCH

LUCHA RULES
JAY WHITE & ALEX SHELLEY & CHRIS SABIN vs. KAMAITACHI & FRANKIE KAZARIAN & CHRISTOPHER DANIELS

JUSHIN THUNDER LIGER vs. DALTON CASTLE W/ THE BOYS

SILAS YOUNG vs. STEVIE RICHARDS

WAR MACHINE vs. ALL NIGHT EXPRESS w/ CAPRICE COLEMAN

CAPRICE COLEMAN vs DELIRIOUS

LIO RUSH vs JONATHAN GRESHAM

1 minute ago, Oyaji said:

The opener should be hot and War Machine vs. The All Night Express could be fun too. I like Lethal more than most on here but I don't see how that main event is anything but butt.

Cue Colt passive-aggressively mentioning haters on his podcast monologue, but adding that he doesn't even care. 

1 hour ago, NickMD said:

I don't get the hate for Cabana that you guys have, but if I saw Liger vs. Castle I'd sure as shit go to the show.  Though that lucha rules match sounds interesting as well.

He's fine in small doses but watching him work in serious Colt mode for 40-50 minutes sounds agonizing.

• Like 1

Some thoughts from this weeks episode of Ring of Honor Wrestling:

Missed most of Silas vs Yano as I was just getting back from church. I saw it from Yano hitting Silas with the turnbuckle pad. First time seeing Yano wrestle, don't know much about him. I like the Briscoes making the save after the make establishing them as buddies with Yano.

Daniels cut a great promo I thought about the upcoming Ladder War 6. Alot of passion in it. 

This Corino/Sullivan-Whitmer-Martinez feud is fucking weird. And I mean that in a good way. Love the commitment to this from Corino, Sullivan and Whitmer. Sullivan on commentary rambling occult nonsense kinda took away from the beating Cheeseburger took from "The Punishment" Damian Martinez. But its all about furthering the angle. I wonder where this all goes but I do like the old school territory feel this whole angle has. I wouldn't mind seeing a 6 man tag between Corino, Cheeseburger and Ferrara vs Martinez, Whitmer and Sullivan at Final Battle leading to Marinez vs Corino at the 15th Anniversary other then that I don't know what you'd do.

Bobby Fish can cut a promo even in a 30 second pre tape. I know he's pushing 40 but I'd like to see him get a WWE run before it's all said and done. Think he'd be a good fit for the Cruiserweight division as a foundation for all the flippy dippy stuff.

The main event of Adam Cole and hangman Page vs Micheal Elgin and Tanahashi was a perfectly fine TV main event. It was given alot of time and all four men did a good job. There wasn't any crazy outside dives or anything you'd think a ROH main event would have which is probably why I liked it so much. Page is growing on me as a performer I didn't like him in the Decade but he doesnt bother me in The Bullet Club. He's there to eat the pin which he did here. Cole and Page were good at playing the heels early on cutting Tanahashi off from his corner and working him over. I thought Page looked good eating Elgins offensive too.I'm liking Cole alot better as leader of The Bullet Club then I ever did before.I'm also liking this reign as champion then I did his first reign. Elgins clothesline almost took Cole's head off gotta love that.

I don't know why I bother trying to record the show anymore

It is shown on my local ABC affiliate and during college football season - it is always delayed because the game ran long

So I have been seeing a lot of Nathan Fillion's Castle instead of Dalton Castle

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

It is shown on my local ABC affiliate and during college football season - it is always delayed because the game ran long

Yeah, same here. I'm to the point where I'll just record a 4-hour block of programming knowing I'll catch it in there somewhere.

What you guys only get one showing of ROH TV chez vous?!  I think it shows 3-4 times over the weekend here, then is replayed 3-4 more times on the Fight Network during the week.  I DVRed 2 showings yesterday and one was preempted while the other was fine.

Now if only Canada could get the Lucha Underground schedule worked out.

8 hours ago, caley said:

What you guys only get one showing of ROH TV chez vous?!  I think it shows 3-4 times over the weekend here, then is replayed 3-4 more times on the Fight Network during the week.  I DVRed 2 showings yesterday and one was preempted while the other was fine.

Now if only Canada could get the Lucha Underground schedule worked out.

It's shown twice here... Saturday nights on Fox affiliate(so it has to deal with College Football running over) and Sunday nights on NBC affiliate(so it has to deal with NFL running over). So it's pretty much murder on DVRs in this area, anyways.

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

My DVR window for ROH is like 3 hours so I'm always ffwd'ing through 15-60 minutes of Castle.

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

There's the Fite TV app where you can watch ROH weekly shows.  JR keeps pushing it on Twitter, but it comes in handy.

Yano / Silas was fucking hilarious and it was a really good match despite a couple of botched spots.  

I have renewed respect for Silas not being so invested in his grumpy gimmick that he could not play along with the gag spots like Yano's "accidental" low blow.

The finish with Silas pretty much getting surly and having enough of Yano's bullshit was perfectly fine booking.