DVDVR Message Board

2016 ROH DISCUSSION THREAD

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 10:11 PM, HumanChessgame said:

C&C Wrestlefactory really should have gotten a tag title run.  Both Alexander and Coleman are really good.

Wasn't it the Baltimore crowd that loved them? I honestly expected them to win the belts in that town.

The times I saw C&C in Baltimore yeah, they were very beloved.  I was hoping they'd get a title run, even if it was a brief one.  Cedric being done with ROH is a wasted opportunity as I really liked what he was doing.  And I'm wondering what Veda's going to do now.

• Like 1

Saturday night I contacted ROH via FB to point out that my local affiliate once again got backed up and played the previous week's episode.  Within two minutes, while the last of the Global Wars tour shows was live, whomever runs their page politely replied that they'd look into it. So, that was nice of them.

Sunday the "right episode" played. As I watched the Jay Lethal extravaganza, it occurred to me that I really should've followed up and asked if they could tell Kelly, Corino, and Mr. W3 to come up with a new phrase to replace the worn out Crash and Buurrrrrnn.

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 4:20 PM, BEN! said:

I'll tell you what they should do, baby!  Haku didn't know that The Bullet Club was a gang and just thought it was a nice shirt his son gave him.  He confronts his sons in the parking lot to tell them he disapproves of their wildin' out with their hoodlum friends.  Young Bucks superkick him.  Haku snatches them up with the intention of murdering them.  Adam Cole hits Haku with a car and BC piles in and drives away.  Haku gets up, brushes himself off and says he has hoodlum friends as well.  Then he goozles the cameraman as the shot goes black.

At TV, Young Bucks are superkicking jabrones in the ring when...fro out, pants huge, not supportive father Haku but THE MONSTER MENG comes out to kill them.  They run away but are met in the aisle by Terry Funk and Bunkhouse Buck, THE OLD BUCKS!  Colonel Parker grabs the mic and tells the world that The Stud Stable runs the wrestling world not a gang of t-shirt wearing punk kids.  The Stable are rag-tagging the Bucks but the rest of the Bullet Club armed with chairs and clubs use the damn numbers game to turn the tide and leave the Colonel laying.

Then the Colonel travels to the chicken farm in Delaware and recruits the Briscoes to fight alongside the Stable.  And the stage is set for WAR GAMES!  The Briscoes and The Stud Stable vs. The Bullet Club.  Ain't nobody wearing no mouthpieces.  Adam Cole gon' lose all his teeth, baybay!

You're still my favorite BookerMan, BEN!  Someone fire Delirious and get this man a job!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, caley said:

What's with the 4-5 week run of ROH TV being either old shows (From February) or clip shows?  It's really boring.

Delirious is too busy banging Mandy and being a shitty booker pissing off the Roster.

• Like 1

ROH World Title: Jay Lethal vs. Jay Briscoe: For the 2016 ROH Jay-Crown.

Fight Without Honor: BJ Whitmer vs. Steve Corino: More like Fight Without Interest.  Even with both guys doing commentary, I have no idea what the origin of this feud is.

16 hours ago, SolidGoldBomb said:

You're still my favorite BookerMan, BEN!  Someone fire Delirious and get this man a job!

I'm ready, baby!  The Stud Stable's ready, baby!

http://gwhnewsandnotes.blogspot.com/2016/05/continental-championship-wrestling.html

Robert Fuller came out of retirement this weekend.  Even brother Ron is coming out of retirement.

a trio of legends with combined age of 200 years

20 minutes ago, BEN! said:

ROH World Title: Jay Lethal vs. Jay Briscoe: For the 2016 ROH Jay-Crown.

It's cool how ROH finally got around to changing J. Diesel's name when they finally realized two "Jay's" is already one too many, much less three. 

On 5/17/2016 at 3:49 PM, Technico Support said:

It's cool how ROH finally got around to changing J. Diesel's name when they finally realized two "Jay's" is already one too many, much less three. 

It's bad enough that J. Diesel is even in the company. Remember the days when ROH was the best of the indies? It seems so long ago. Now, we get Joey Daddiego, Will Ferrara, Donovan Dijak, etc. 

Where have you gone Gabe Sapolsky? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you. Whooo Whooo Whooo, you know it.

• Like 1

I like Dijak even if you know the reason he's getting the massive push is because there's a pretty good chance WWE is going to come calling on him  sooner than later.

BTW, weirdest thing of recent cross-sports wrestling synchronicity: the St. Louis Blues play Moose's theme song during their home games because their goalies nickname is "Moose".  Really weird to hear the crowd chanting along to that on a larger scale than a ROH show.

• Like 2

I heard Becky Lunch's song being played before a faceoff at a Caps game. 

I can't stand Donavan Dijak.  He looks like someone Johnny Ace would have snapped up with the quickness while perusing the International Male catalog around 2003.  A slightly skinnier but just as bland version of early oughts Mark Jindrak.

• Like 1

Dijak is definitely someone who you would think would be on the radar for NXT (TNA as well, but who in their right mind would go there?) given his size...if you are able to catch any of his work from Beyond Wrestling, he seems to have better matches there...

During any other time period both Dijak and Moose would have been signed by WWE a long time ago.

I actually think Dijak is not that bad. I just saw another pretty good match of his today against James Castle for RevPro in the UK.

I was surprised to see the end of War of the Worlds in full on free TV.  That said, as amusing as it can be at times Mr. Wrestling 3 was fucking annoying.  We weren't supposed to cheer for him being taken out, but I sure as heck cheered.  He should have been the first one taken out, honestly.  On the positive side, I'm happy seeing Cole in the group, he'll fit right in.  Not sure about Page though, but we'll see how it pans out.

As Mr. W3 had paid for the Superkick Counter which went unused in a previous match, the Bucks and company were nice enough to knock out a few other people before getting around to kicking his head in. Thoughtful of them. Thoughtful as Nash positioning Rey just right before lawn darting him, but still thoughtful.

On Sunday, May 22, 2016 at 11:12 PM, zev said:

Nothing says "Watch our current product" like showing 3 Anderson and Gallows matches in the same hour this week.

... or having your on-screen channel guide tell you that the main event on the show was Necro Butcher vs. Homicide, which I assume was their match from 2010.

In general, there was a real lack of ROH guys on ROH TV this weekend.  I didn't watch the whole show, but I think I might have seen more ROH wrestlers in commercials than I did matches.  And. god, if that Cheeseburger commercial isn't so low-rent it's endearing,

• Like 1