DVDVR Message Board

2016 ROH DISCUSSION THREAD

Comet TV's streaming their channel live. They show ROH back to back Wednesday night/Thursday morning, so if I can get the link right, and you're seeing this right after I post it, here's the latest syndicated episode.

http://comettv.com/live.html

Edited to add: I know ROH's website also shows the syndicated show, but I believe it's sometimes off by a week or doesn't play in some regions, so here's an alternative.

I'm still working my way through the latest episode but.......does Moose have a Hitler mustache?

Don't know but Moose Hitler would be an incredible name for a heel on a third rate indy show.
  • Like 2

Not sure about Moose's mustache, didn't pay too close attention to the match, but I do know that Craig Ferguson used to get some serious heat when he performed as Bing Hitler.

Yes, I know I said I watch every week. But hey, sometimes you watch every second of every match, sometimes you already know Kongo Kong's gonna lose in a mediocre match and you go get a bowl of cereal. Sorry, guys.

Yes, I know I said I watch every week. But hey, sometimes you watch every second of every match, sometimes you already know Kongo Kong's gonna lose in a mediocre match and you go get a bowl of cereal. Sorry, guys.

Kongo Kong and Congo are two different dudes. Congo is the guy who had appeared on ROH tv a few times. The guy needs to buy an atlas. His name is Congo and he hails from South America. I have no idea why. The Congo River is in Africa.

• Like 1

Anyone else not really dig the tag gauntlet this week? It seemed so clunky.

Would have been a lot better if they'd had real teams in it, not some tossed-together teams and one with Bruiser Bob.  You could hear the air escape that arena like a balloon when Bruiser Bob walked out.

Was the Bucks-Tanahashi/Elgin match this week a record for the amount of times opponents and fans told each other to suck it?!  I mean, I kinda dig the Bucks' schtick, and lived through the DX but after the 6-7th 'Suck it' it begins to less resemble a wrestling match and more some sort of homoerotic mating ritual.  Especially Tanahashi kinda thrusting his junk at one of the Bucks and shouting it.

Also, I kinda stopped watching this show for a couple months because my DVR was full.  Watching my first full episode today was not a pleasant experience when I saw BJ Whitmer walk out.  The last time I saw an episode he was still injured.  Thankfully he didn't wrestle.

So who goes into a new Kingdom, and who does Cole counter with? Has there even been an estimate on Taven's return, or do him and Cole battle whatever year they're both healthy like Whitmer and Corino are supposed to?

Watching ROH on Sinclair. I really think they'll just let Lethal hold the belt until one of the owners of that company that supplies all those knee and back braces watches the show and decides she or he likes some other wrestler better and wants to film a new ad.

I was catching up on some WON radio shows and interesting little tidbit

Meltzer said that Okada let Moose call the entire match at the anniversary show

On 4/5/2016 at 1:59 PM, RIPPA said:

I was catching up on some WON radio shows and interesting little tidbit

Meltzer said that Okada let Moose call the entire match at the anniversary show

Yeah.  That is crazy.  Okada is so good live.  So much better than on TV.  I am ampped to see the NYC ROH show in May.  I think Shibata is coming over too.  

That was a super fun show this week.

-RPG-War Machine was fine.  Nothing spectacular, nothing terrible.

-Omega-ACH was lots of fun.  I don't know if it's a standard Bucks/Bullet Club spot or whatever, but the part where one of the Bucks kicked ACH in the head then left a banana peel on the ground and when the ref came over, pointed at the peel as the crowd chanted "He slipped!" only for Omega to come out and sweep the peel away made me laugh really really hard.  This is my first time seeing Omega and he was really entertaining.

-Castle-Young was good, too.  It didn't quite hit the levels of violence the announcers were trying to sell, but that spot where Castle flipped Young over the ropes through the table was pretty nuts.  I really want to see someone manhandle Castle in the near future and have Young come out to save him and have them form a regular team.  Or else put Castle into the TV title scene because he gets a bigger reaction than just about anyone on these shows.  I never really saw much of Silas before his knee injury, did he do lots of high spots prior to his knee injury and is just starting to work them back in, or this just a weird couple of flippy moves he has that don't fit his gimmick?!

• Like 1

But now is he doing fewer flips because of the knee injury or because he's just adjusting his style based on teaming with Beer City Bruiser and feuding with Castle?

And yes, I agree that Young coming down to save Castle from a beatdown would cause quite the barricade smacking.

7 hours ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

I feel like Silas has cut down the flippy stuff.  But, yeah, his moveset doesn't fit his character at all.

I dunno about that.  This week he did the vault over the ropes into an elbow drop, a handstand on the top ropes into a springboard moonsault, and one other really showy flippy move.

• Like 1