DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Dana was a fitness athlete, Eva was a model. Dana's background translates a lot more easily to wrestling while Eva's doesn't. That's why one is so much better than the other.

Agreed. She's obviously naturally athletic where it looks like everything Eva is doing is out of her comfort zone outside of walking to the ring in a bad ass robe.

Was that match in Centralia filmed? Sounds like a must for Botchamania.

If you see a dork in a Wayne's World cap in the background, trying desperately to not die in the crossfire, that'd be me.

Had to have been there, I guess. I jumped to the end and that was a whole lot of nothing (very unsafe finisher though, fuckin' hell)

Eva would be great if they played to her strengths, kept her out of the ring and made her arm candy for Seth Rollins. She's a pretty girl that people hate, play to that.

Want to go for nuclear heat?  Turn Reigns heel, make Eva Marie his assistant, and have them join The Authority because they're tired of hanging around losers like the rest of the roster.

EDIT:  I'd like to revise this.  Trade Eva Marie for Summer Rae.  While Reigns is punching the piss out of someone, have Summer cackling in the back while counting their money or something heelish.

They have some sort of talent exchange with EVOLVE now.  Triple H wants to use them as a minor league system and in return they will send guys to shows to either work or sign autographs, etc.  Triple H said he could see sending some NXT guys there to wrestle different guys and learn etc.

Not for nothing but former UFC Middlewieght Matt Riddle has said in a recent interview that WWE helped him get booked with Evolve after his recent try out at the Performance Center

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/former-mma-fighter-matt-riddle-says-wwe-helped-him-land-a-job-with-evolve-more

“I did a tryout with the WWE. The tryout went extremely well went as well as it could. The WWE was nice enough to set me up with Evolve and wrestle with them. It’s a process. From what I see it’s on the right track. It’s not like the transition I had with the UFC.”

• Like 1

Sable didn't care about the business though. She just was using the business to get into Playboy. Again. Apples and oranges. And it's not like Shawn and Bret exactly got away with their behavior either. Bret essentially got kicked out and Shawn was told to go home on several different occasions.

That's the after the fact logic that I'm sure there's a fancy Latin term for. Sable was a wrestling performer, got into Playboy, then we all said "shit, she just did wrestling to get into Playboy!" Meanwhile, as far as her contemporaries go, Bret's taking time off to shoot Lonesome Dove and the Rock transitioned into a movie career and nobody claimed they only got into wrestling as a stepping stone.

She had openly told her then husband and many people in positions of power in WWF that she only entered wrestling to get into playboy from what I remember. And again, Bret Hart and The Rock didn't enter wrestling JUST to go and film TV and movies.

Surprised it hasn't been mentioned but apparently Sami Zayn is appearing at the Evolve shows in NY this weekend. Just a meet and greet and a live promo, but it's still pretty notable because I don't remember the last time a contracted talent made any kind of appearance outside of the WWE.

Possibly CM Punk at ROH's Unscripted II in January 2006.

Speaking of the womenfolk, WWE Creative strikes again at tonight's Smackdown tapings:

After a Charlotte-Alicia Fox match, Team Bella attacks Charlotte and Becky, and who should make the save but...

Paige.

So, did I just imagine her turning?

From the latest throwback Observer.  We really need that old thread with classic Observer lines back.

"New Jack had an operation on his testicles and will be out about another month"

Man nobody should have to see New Jack walking with his dick and ball hanging out for a day much less a month.   ^_^

After having been at a show this past Sunday, where I witnessed New Jack sitting there, doing his best Lonely Virgil impersonation for nearly four hours, he most likely would've preferred that. Although, considering that I was sitting 3 feet away from him in the bleachers, I wouldn't have preferred that.

Speaking of Virgil, my friend asked him what was up as we walked in (while he wheeled out his Hogan/Warrior/Taker/LoD/Virgil collage promo photos) and wasn't charged a tenner (/OSW) for speaking to him. I should've bossed him around though, since Ted and I share the same surname.

• Like 1