DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

AND far more awful. She's also been around wrestling far longer than Dana. Dana seems like she can and will learn. Eva seems like she can't and won't.

This is the specific kind of hate that doesn't make any sense and is rooted in nothing but "I feel like hating Eva Marie and will invent reasons why."

Surprised it hasn't been mentioned but apparently Sami Zayn is appearing at the Evolve shows in NY this weekend. Just a meet and greet and a live promo, but it's still pretty notable because I don't remember the last time a contracted talent made any kind of appearance outside of the WWE.

They have some sort of talent exchange with EVOLVE now.  Triple H wants to use them as a minor league system and in return they will send guys to shows to either work or sign autographs, etc.  Triple H said he could see sending some NXT guys there to wrestle different guys and learn etc.

I will say this though, I am happy that we have women who grew up watching the sport getting a shot at it. Becky Lynch, Charlotte, Sasha, Paige and Bayley all grew up watching wrestling and got into the sport on their own. Paige and Charlotte may have had family connections but they weren't models who were recruited to get involved. 

I remember hearing rumors that the "de-push" of women were because of Sable and the like who became to much of a headache. And I always thought that if you hired models to wrestle then they get famous and you know, want to be models, what exactly were you expecting?

So if you just hire female wrestlers, wouldn't they pretty much end up being just like any other performer you have on the roster?

I know there are plenty of other factors there but to me

models=models

wrestlers=wrestlers.

Amazing double standard that I completely forgot about.  Sable became too much of a headache on a roster that included some of the biggest male divas in history. 

Hire men and they get egos and become difficult?  Well god damn, they're just strong-willed go-getters who fight for what they want!

Hire women and they get egos and become difficult?  Fuck, who brought those bitches in?  We need to stop hiring/pushing women so hard because they get big heads!

• Like 2

Sable didn't care about the business though. She just was using the business to get into Playboy. Again. Apples and oranges. And it's not like Shawn and Bret exactly got away with their behavior either. Bret essentially got kicked out and Shawn was told to go home on several different occasions.

Amazing double standard that I completely forgot about. Sable became too much of a headache on a roster that included some of the biggest male divas in history.

Hire men and they get egos and become difficult? Well god damn, they're just strong-willed go-getters who fight for what they want!

Hire women and they get egos and become difficult? Fuck, who brought those bitches in? We need to stop hiring/pushing women so hard because they get big heads!

But, titties puppies!

Sable didn't care about the business though. She just was using the business to get into Playboy. Again. Apples and oranges. And it's not like Shawn and Bret exactly got away with their behavior either. Bret essentially got kicked out and Shawn was told to go home on several different occasions.

That's the after the fact logic that I'm sure there's a fancy Latin term for.  Sable was a wrestling performer, got into Playboy, then we all said "shit, she just did wrestling to get into Playboy!"  Meanwhile, as far as her contemporaries go, Bret's taking time off to shoot Lonesome Dove and the Rock transitioned into a movie career and nobody claimed they only got into wrestling as a stepping stone. 

I doubt WWE would let any of their talent appear on screen in another promotion.

It seems more like the WWE is going to encourage guys they aren't going to sign (but are good) to go see Gabe.

Like that former MMA guy who is going to start working EVOLVE and claimed the WWE told him to (so of course the truth was sorta in the middle)

So Alberto del Rio just fucked over some people again.

He was scheduled for two shows in Switzerland and Germany this upcoming Friday and Saturday. This after he was originally scheduled for shows in May, which he cancelled and then reschudeled to those shows this weekend.

So the flight for those two shows was booked months and months ago and his appearance was announced like way back in February or March. So suddenly out of the blue six days before the events he demanded a diffferent flight to be booked from a different airport (business class of course), which would have cost $7.000. So after the two promotions naturally told him that's unreasonable, he cancelled again.

Asshole.

• Like 1

So Alberto del Rio just fucked over some people again.

He was scheduled for two shows in Switzerland and Germany this upcoming Friday and Saturday. This after he was originally scheduled for shows in May, which he cancelled and then reschudeled to those shows this weekend.

So the flight for those two shows was booked months and months ago and his appearance was announced like way back in February or March. So suddenly out of the blue six days before the events he demanded a diffferent flight to be booked from a different airport (business class of course), which would have cost $7.000. So after the two promotions naturally told him that's unreasonable, he cancelled again.

Asshole.

Not too surprising that a guy who no-showed an autism benefit show after after already getting paid would pull something like this. I would be surprised if those stories about the WWE wanting to re-sign him are true, since it sounds like he's a bigger pain in the ass now then he was last year.

AND far more awful. She's also been around wrestling far longer than Dana. Dana seems like she can and will learn. Eva seems like she can't and won't.

This is the specific kind of hate that doesn't make any sense and is rooted in nothing but "I feel like hating Eva Marie and will invent reasons why."

Ok....let me explain this again.

I like pro wrestling. That's why I watch pro wrestling.

Dana has been working for a pro wrestling company since 2013. She's getting better and pro wrestling. She's good at speaking as her character. She has some charisma. She's improving at a great pace in the ring.

Eva has also been working for a pro wrestling company since 2013. From what I can see, she's barely moving the needle as far as improving in the ring or on the microphone.

If you'd like to do a side by side comparison between the two, a "Pepsi challenge" between the two, as it were, so be it. However, to say that I'm "making up reasons to hate Eva" is sky high rhetoric. I'd like to point out that I'm not alone in noticing that Dana is improving at a decent clip while Eva is creeping along. But hey, whatever gets you through the night.

Random here but is the Beer Money theme the best theme that TNA ever produced?

If WWE brought in Beer Money, they'd need to pay TNA to let them take that theme.

Beer Money, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, the Beautiful People, Bobby Roode's before lyrics were added and Ethan Carter III are the best TNA themes I can recall.

Alberto's an ass. My sympathies to Bill Demott and his family.

Oh, MAN. Eric reviewed this on Segunda Caida for his fire benefit (which at some point I'll get around to contributing to. October's an expensive month for me) and it's killer. You gotta wait until the end for the slo-mo replays because they cut away to the crowd and do some wonky camera angles, then you see how it ended... it's like those All Japan replays where Dr. Death is compressing Kobashi's vertebrae with a back suplex. Very smartly worked and Bret getting ragdolled by bigger guys was always fun. 

EDIT: I would've dumped this in Misc. Matches but more people need to see it.