DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Cue RIPPA in 3...2...

Anyway, does anyone know why they got rid of/moved the Elimination Chamber PPV? Is it the close proximity to WM? Are winners telegraphed in some ways when it's right next to Mania? 

Cue RIPPA in 3...2...

Anyway, does anyone know why they got rid of/moved the Elimination Chamber PPV? Is it the close proximity to WM? Are winners telegraphed in some ways when it's right next to Mania? 

The structure is huge and unweildly to move from the Warehouse to an Arena, and most modern Arenas now have massive Video screens at the top center, making finding a building that can hold the cage rather difficult and limited, so its easier to abandon the concept.

Kind of like how we'll never really get a WarGames because of the cost of carrying and setting up the second ring and cage what it does to seating isn't worth it.

They moved it to Summer.

It's now the set-up for Summerslam

I thought so, too, but apparently there are some newer reports that say the PPV was scrapped altogether.

Terrible news, since the Chamber matches almost always delivered in my opinion.

I have liked in recent years the team Chambers as they are the closest we will get to seeing a Wargames match again

I must be blocked.

To be fair - I had read your post as more speculation as to a reasoning to move it (or at least delay it)

I didn't know there were stories that came out about the initial move that it had become a giant pain the ass

I'm actually happy they dropped Elimination Chamber as a ppv. I wish they would do the same with Hell in a Cell and TLC. They would be better served bringing them back sporadically when they can actually mean something as opposed to annual ppvs.

• Like 8

Random: watching "KC on the mat" (documentary on pro wrestling in KC), Harley Race segment includes an amusing story of when they had a challenge for anybody in the crowd to beat Harley Race in under 10 minutes. Let's just say part of the story involves a karate guy getting knocked out repeatedly by Harley Race, with Race punching him during his karate gesturing. Also, his karate students were in the audience. Presumably they all renounced karate after that night.

----

and the Andre stories include (1) ordering five servings of a meal combo at a Denny's, (2) mooning a guy and (3) pinning some guy up against a wall for causing trouble at a bar.

they mentioned Harley beating up a biker before that

---

closing segment with various KC wrestling guys blaming Vince for destroying the business. Geigel did add "Vince was probably smarter than the rest of us". Which seems plausible since Vince wasn't the guy who booked Bulldog Bob Brown to win the title 18 times
  • Like 8

from the Observer, via ewrestlingnews.com

As noted, Titus O'Neil's four second elimination at the WWE Royal Rumble match this past Sunday night was supposed to be a one second elimination to tie Santino Marella as the shortest Rumble reign in history.

Due to a timing issue between O'Neil, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns, he wasn't eliminated until the four second mark.

Vince McMahon was said to be furious over the mistake, as it was the only spot in the match that was supposed to be timed perfectly.

I'm sure Titus is really broken up about not having that "record"

from the Observer, via ewrestlingnews.com

As noted, Titus O'Neil's four second elimination at the WWE Royal Rumble match this past Sunday night was supposed to be a one second elimination to tie Santino Marella as the shortest Rumble reign in history.

Due to a timing issue between O'Neil, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns, he wasn't eliminated until the four second mark.

Vince McMahon was said to be furious over the mistake, as it was the only spot in the match that was supposed to be timed perfectly.

I'm sure Titus is really broken up about not having that "record"

Priorities in the WWE, ladies and gentlemen.

• Like 4