DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

from the Observer, via ewrestlingnews.com

As noted, Titus O'Neil's four second elimination at the WWE Royal Rumble match this past Sunday night was supposed to be a one second elimination to tie Santino Marella as the shortest Rumble reign in history.

Due to a timing issue between O'Neil, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns, he wasn't eliminated until the four second mark.

Vince McMahon was said to be furious over the mistake, as it was the only spot in the match that was supposed to be timed perfectly.

I'm sure Titus is really broken up about not having that "record"

Priorities in the WWE, ladies and gentlemen.

Well Vince is a creature of habit. He only books things for his joy and amusement. I could see him being all DAMN IT THIS RUINED THE ENTIRE SHOW.

Of course though they open with Miz and Truth and Mizdow doesnt really do anything of note.

Such a wasted opportunity. So many fun bits they could've done with that gimmick in the match.
I would've put good money on the following spot happening: Miz and Mizdow are in the Rumble together and doing well as a team when Miz gets dumped on a fluke. He demands Mizdow take the same bump and eliminate himself but Mizdow decides to stay in the match, sowing the seeds for a match between them at Mania. It seemed like a no brainer.
  • Like 2

I think she's fine for WWE level actress...speaking of bad acting, have we ever got an explanation for why Brie is suddenly helping her sister who cost her the biggest match of her career and then later made her a slave?

"Blood thicker than water", I think was about it.

Re: Titus:

If only WWE spent as much time coming up with ways to build people up as they do on coming up with ways to tear people down.

• Like 2

Brie did the whole 'can't beat 'em, join 'em' thing.

With Ziggles poking at DB for a match, hope Bryan turns heel and rants about how being a nice guy never for him anywhere but with Brie. It's delusional as all kids of fuck, but that's what start the whole Yes! Thing...

If nothing else, someone besides JBL and Barrett need to draw attention how fucking stupid 'wanting a good match is more important than winning' is. I'm all for burying the face if that's the reason we are supposed to cheer him.

Man...Titus should just ask for his release and go to TNA. Better yet, go to Japan and make a shitload of money. The dude has tons of charisma, sounds like Bob Sapp, is gigantic, and he could probably learn quite a bit more than he's learning now. 

With Ziggles poking at DB for a match, hope Bryan turns heel and rants about how being a nice guy never for him anywhere but with Brie. It's delusional as all kids of fuck, but that's what start the whole Yes! Thing...

They should have DB and Brie do a variation of Hulk/Betty Ross, where she's the only one that can get through to him when goes on a rampage.  It gets Brie out of Nikki's orbit.  Because Nikki is doing fine on her own and Brie is just with her for extra window dressing.

• Like 1

The problem is that is her (Lana) only job. I think Zeb did more to get Rusev over than anybody else.

Uh, what? Lana didn't help get Rusev over? Is this the new board talking point?

No. That's one dude saying some shit.

• Like 1

The problem is that is her (Lana) only job. I think Zeb did more to get Rusev over than anybody else.

Uh, what? Lana didn't help get Rusev over? Is this the new board talking point?

No. That's one dude saying some shit.

THAT'S HOW IT STARTS.