DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

God damn I want that Bryan/Lesnar main event to happen.

I was trying to come up with matches I would want to see at WM. Every damn match I want to see is with Lesnar. Bryan vs Lesnar, Sheamus vs Lesnar, Cesaro vs Lesnar, Rollins vs Lesnar, Zayn vs Lesnar. Wrestlemania would be pretty great if it was just a 4 hour Lesnar gauntlet match.

• Like 1

Wrestling Observer is reporting that Tough Enough will be returning to the USA network. The format is a little different in which the contestants are individuals signed by the WWE, but have not yet appeared on television.

EDIT: Apparently I cannot link directly to the story, but it's on the front page of the observer site.

So, Performance Center guys who haven't made NXT, basically. Not a bad idea at all. Wonder if Chad Gable's loss to Breeze counts as "appeared on television" - he's perfect for that kind of show.

Does Bu Ku Dao's appearance as "unnamed Asian jobber" count as an appearance on television?

Sadly Dao was cut around the time Wille Mack got cut. But it wasn't revealed until a few weeks back. 

I'm so bummed about the way the Ascension is being presented on TV. I really liked them in NXT. I have a friend who watches every now and again, and he said something that cracked me up: "These guys need to just take a ton of steroids and coke, stand in front of a green screen, and yell for a while"

• Like 2

Those last two matches would be ten minutes combined.

Only if your booker is an idiot.

Okay they fight him at the same time and get to use guns. They can last fifteen minutes without straining credibility.

It's wrestling, anything can be credible. If anyone was worried about credibility there are probably less than 5 people in the wrestling world who could beat Brock Lesnar. 

Zayn or Rollins would use their speed, agility, flying, elusiveness and "smarts" to fight Lesnar.  Bryan is a submission expert. He'd maybe work a body part. There are many ways they could all be presented as credible threats to Lesnar.

The only time I felt a Lesnar match was bullshit was when they had CM Punk pretty much going toe to toe with him. It looked weird and as a result the match is my least favorite in Brock's recent run.

so Slaughter's still in the clear.

I forget if Slaughter was an actual marine of any kind, was he?

Well.... Wikipedia says yes, but the source for that particular info is WWE.com, so make of that what you will.

Slaughter was active in the Corps for 6 years (66/67-72/73), rising to Staff Sgt.

so Slaughter's still in the clear.

I forget if Slaughter was an actual marine of any kind, was he?

Well.... Wikipedia says yes, but the source for that particular info is WWE.com, so make of that what you will.

Slaughter was active in the Corps for 6 years (66/67-72/73), rising to Staff Sgt.

WWE lessened his rank once he signed? Interesting.

The only time I felt a Lesnar match was bullshit was when they had CM Punk pretty much going toe to toe with him. It looked weird and as a result the match is my least favorite in Brock's recent run.

Punk didn't go to to toe with Lesnar. He tried to go toe to toe with Lesnar, but every time he started exchanging strikes with Brock, Brock beat the hell out of him. The only times Punk was successful were when he was using his speed and agility and physics by pinballing all around the ring at Lesnar with his body. Then he'd get cocky, go for some kicks, and get beat the fuck up.

Having Lesnar end the streak is looking like an incredibly stupid decision in hindsight.

I claimed for years that it was a stupid idea and it would become nothing more than a reference line, ala Jericho beating Austin/Rock in one night. I didn't know how right I was. The streak was ended by a guy who is never on TV and is probably never coming back after his next UFC run. If you had to force me to end the streak, I would have at least given it to a full-time wrestler.

Having Lesnar end the streak is looking like an incredibly stupid decision in hindsight.

I claimed for years that it was a stupid idea and it would become nothing more than a reference line, ala Jericho beating Austin/Rock in one night. I didn't know how right I was. The streak was ended by a guy who is never on TV and is probably never coming back after his next UFC run. If you had to force me to end the streak, I would have at least given it to a full-time wrestler.
Perhaps if WWE didn't bury guys beyond repair, feed them the lamest of lame material, have guys trading wins back and forth, have announcers not putting talent over; then maybe there would be somebody seen as credible. Bryan was tied up in the Authority storyline, Cena was tied up with Bray Wyatt, and the Shield were still a trio. It would be even worse this year if the streak were still going with how poorly Cesaro, Ambrose, and the Wyatts have been handled.