DVDVR Message Board

2015 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING NONSENSE

RIPPA

He was awesome in The Fall. This movie is a gigantic piece of shit though, and it doesn't even look enjoyable like Showgirls was. I also have a hard time seeing what is attractive about Dakota Johnson. For a character that is supposed to be really beautiful, I find her to be pretty ugly.

He was awesome in The Fall. This movie is a gigantic piece of shit though, and it doesn't even look enjoyable like Showgirls was. I also have a hard time seeing what is attractive about Dakota Johnson. For a character that is supposed to be really beautiful, I find her to be pretty ugly.

Sorry Craig, I like ya, but this is a ridiculous statement.

Apparently it got a terrible reception at Cannes, but I am all in. It looks like a Nicolas Winding Refn directed version of Gummo, which I would be super down for. Baby Goose is awesome too, so I'm willing to give him a chance. At the very least, it'll look good and it looks like a pretty solid role for Christina Hendricks, who is criminally underused by Hollywood.

• Like 1

Fitz from Agent's of Shield is Christina Hendricks' son? How old was she was born, 10?

I checked. She's 39, he's 27. So she was 12 when she had him. Or he's playing younger than his actual age. Or it's just bad casting.

Guest The Magnificent 7

Peter Bradshaw of The Guardian stated that the film is "colossally indulgent, shapeless, often fantastically and unthinkingly offensive and at all times insufferably conceited".[15]Kate Muir of The Sunday Times indicated that "Ryan Gosling's Lost River is a lurid mash up of Lynch, Refn and Edward Hopper. In a bad way."[16]Robbie Collin of The Telegraph called the film "dumbfoundingly poor" and stated that Gosling "confuses 'making film' with 'assembling Tumblr of David Lynch & Mario Bava gifs'"

Pretty harsh review quotes, there.  Looks interesting, though, much like Refn films which walk a tightrope between awful and great and you just never know which way they'll fall.