DVDVR Message Board

2015 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING NONSENSE

RIPPA

If nothing else - it is gonna have the best movie soundtrack pretty much ever

Pretty much. I got goosebumps just from the music alone.

Honestly, I think if the quality of the movie is good enough, I can get past the actors looking nothing like the people they're portraying.

If nothing else - it is gonna have the best movie soundtrack pretty much ever

This.  I was thinking about how this will be the opposite of the Hendrix biopic with Andre 3000 that had no Hendrix music in it.

This soundtrack could turn out to be the really real NWA's Greatest Hits CD we always wanted instead of the peace offering CD we got in 1996.

Yo Dre

What

I got somethin to say

Ticket sold right here.

Ticket was sold when i heard the opening backbeat for SOC.  The naked black women also helped.   Good thing I am telecommuting this morning.

My girlfriend is probably going to kick my ass when we go see this movie.

• Like 1

Yo Dre

What

I got somethin to say

Ticket sold right here.

Ticket was sold when i heard the opening backbeat for SOC. The naked black women also helped. Good thing I am telecommuting this morning.

My girlfriend is probably going to kick my ass when we go see this movie.

Worth it.

I could have done without the "Dre and Cube are still of the people" intro.  I guess Cube took a few minutes off from filming Are We There Yet part 3 to film a quick promo.  Nice job keeping their security detail out of the shots. 

Or even more underhanded, they're all extras and this was shot at the same time as the movie.  ;)

I could have done without the "Dre and Cube are still of the people" intro. 

That is like the best part. it is fucking miraculous that they became friends again after all of that bad blood.

• Like 1

That is like the best part. it is fucking miraculous that they became friends again after all of that bad blood.

Damn I wish E was alive for the lovefest though.

• Like 2

Yeah.  I wish this mother fucker in the apartment upstairs would stop burning popcorn in the microwave.

All of this smoke is getting into my eyes.   Damn..

And Holy Shit.  A movie with attractive and nude black women in it that is neither produced by Tyler Perry, stars Kevin Heart, nor is set circa 1864.  THUG LIFE~!

• Like 2

Yeah.  I wish this mother fucker in the apartment upstairs would stop burning popcorn in the microwave.

And Holy Shit.  A movie with attractive and nude black women in it that is neither produced by Tyler Perry, stars Kevin Heart, nor is set circa 1864.  THUG LIFE~!

I am not ruling out any use of a pseudonym.

Hopefully, SOC is one of the post-Warner Bros. Legendary Pictures films that isn't complete dogshit.

I am not ruling out any use of a pseudonym.

If I had the money, I would want in.  Who would leave cash on the table like that by not backing this potential megahit?

I guess I will just go ahead now and put it in my Top 5 for SKOS pool so I dont get boned again

I really like how the summer is looking.  There's a clear top three for box office IMO, then past that it gets very dicey.

Actually, why not, that #4 slot is prime real estate for Straight Outta Compton.  Book it!

Well SKOS is gonna have to start earlier than ever this year since Age of Ultron comes out May 1 - which I am pretty sure would mean the earliest start ever. Starting after that would REALLY make things interesting.

If Avengers isn't included then Jurassic World becomes top dog. (Since I can't see Ant-Man being that huge especially with Ultron just two months earlier)

Straight Outta Compton will cover the break-up of NWA and at least the formation of Death Row, right? Near the end of the trailer, and large man in all red with a couple of guys are clearly kicking the shit out of someone, so I can only assume it's Suge Knight.

Yeah, that's Suge and some Pirus but I can't make out if it's the much discussed "meeting" with Eazy/Heller or if it's when they beat down some technician and Dre got fed up.  That looked like Snoop C-walking in the trailer also. 

I really wanted Furious 7 to be in the Summer contest but holy shit it's coming out really early which is awesome because I need to see it ASAP.

Any kids movies will be the dark horses.   I think we have all learned not to underestimate the performance of movies featuring cars dropping out of airplanes or foul mouthed talking teddy bears.  FF7 and Ted 2 should be somewhere in your Top 10 and probably somewhere in your Top 5.

Minions and Jurassic World should make tons of cash but figuring out which order they will place in will require some strange calculus.