DVDVR Message Board

2015 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING NONSENSE

RIPPA

Fitz from Agent's of Shield is Christina Hendricks' son? How old was she was born, 10?

I checked. She's 39, he's 27. So she was 12 when she had him. Or he's playing younger than his actual age. Or it's just bad casting.

CW had a show where Shiri Appleby (who was like 30 and was still playing teenage roles on a regular basis) was the mother of Britt Robertson, who was 21 or 22 at the time.

I mean, it was in the storyline she was a teenager when she had her, but it was still absurd.

So I saw that Scarlett Johansson was cast to star in a movie called "The Psychopath Test" (Based on the book of the same name if you have ever heard of it)

No biggie there - what was interesting is that it is a "psychological thriller" directed by Jay Roach. I can't think of a non-comedy Roach has done (and his IMDB listing seems to confirm this).

Ed Harris did play a great Irish mobster in both State of Grace and A History of Violence, so I'm down for him to reiterate that role.

By the way, nobody ever talks about State of Grace and that movie is GREAT. Maybe Gary Oldman's craziest role is in it and that's saying a lot.

The ship from Resurrection lands in South Africa?

I loved District 9 but Elysium was a huge disappointment, we'll have to see how Chappie turns out. Either way, I hope to God he's putting the shaky cam down. I suppose he's an appropriate choice since he was supposed to make Halo. 

Guest The Magnificent 7

Ed Harris did play a great Irish mobster in both State of Grace and A History of Violence, so I'm down for him to reiterate that role.

By the way, nobody ever talks about State of Grace and that movie is GREAT. Maybe Gary Oldman's craziest role is in it and that's saying a lot.

We did it for the DVDVRMC long ago, I think.  One of my favorites. 

I found myself wondering a few weeks ago what Charisma Carpenter was up to. "Starring in a 50 Shades of Grey knock off with one of the lesser Baldwins" was not what I expected.

She still looks amazing though. 

She hosts a show on ID

http://www.investigationdiscovery.com/tv-shows/surviving-evil/surviving-evil-videos/after-evil-charisma-carpenter-pt-1/

Man, that's like saying Cheech Marin is the guy who played the cook on the Golden Girls spinoff.

Or Don Johnson's sidekick on NASH BRIDGES!

Isn't he the dude out front of the strip club in From Dusk Til Dawn?

• Like 1

So, Neill Blomkamp is doing an Alien movie?  I'm cautiously optimistic about that.

The violence will be awesome and I will love the movie up until the point it is discovered that the xenomorph was bred for servitude and that is somehow supposed to make me sympathetic towards its homicidal survival instinct.

Sidebar:  The scene in the original movie where Lambert is killed by the xenomorph fucked me up for weeks.

Man, that's like saying Cheech Marin is the guy who played the cook on the Golden Girls spinoff.

Or Don Johnson's sidekick on NASH BRIDGES!

Isn't he the dude out front of the strip club in From Dusk Til Dawn?

Nah, he was the one border patrol agent.

• Like 1

So Jamie Dornan has quit 50 Shades of Grey. Officially because of his wife, although I think he decided to just bail on this franchise while it was on a relative high.

Also: EL James is pulling a power play and insisting she gets to write the next one because the first film wasn't true to her vision or something.

Which is probably going to be a disaster. This woman is Tommy Wiseau-like when it comes to dialogue.