DVDVR Message Board

2015 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING NONSENSE

RIPPA

Yeah, that's Suge and some Pirus but I can't make out if it's the much discussed "meeting" with Eazy/Heller or if it's when they beat down some technician and Dre got fed up.  That looked like Snoop C-walking in the trailer also.

According to Wiki, Snoop and Suge are both in the film. Also, the film has been in production since 2009 (!) and seven days into shooting there was a drive-by right in front of cast and crew, in front of the Compton Courthouse (!!!); they continued filming in Compton despite that.

Timothy Olyphant's grim visage and Olga Kurylenko in a thong made the first Hitman joint a guilty favorite. 

I am not sure how I feel about this one.  47 looks like a generic action movie character instead of the silent assassin that fans of the game probably hoped he would be.

And ZQ's dialogue is pretty laughable.   I wonder how many takes were required for him to deliver those lines with a straight face?  The AGENT 47 IS A BADASS~! build-up litany sounds really dumb.  Probably because i am now spoiled by the king-sized understated dialogue from John Wick.

"I heard you struck my son.."

"Yes, sir.  I did."

"And may I ask why?"

"Yeah, well, because he stole John Wick's car, sir, and, uh, killed his dog..."

[long pause] "Oh.."

I am so glad my daughter is twelve.  I can probably skip this because she is not into the Disney Princess thing anymore.

However, I will probably have to buy five matinee tickets for my daughter and her friends when Insurgent comes out.

They will end up on the same side or will at least agree to disagree and team up to fight a common enemy.

And still no sign of Jesper Kyd handling the incidental music for Hitman.  So much fail.

I am kinda amused you can now connect Lebron to Cena with no steps

Or connect Cena and Lebron to Denis Leary in two steps since Josh Segarra (plays Officer Billy Cepeda in Sirens) is the guy that Amy Schumer's character dumps at the 0:24 mark of the trailer and Denis is the EP of Sirens.

I kinda love the art direction/costuming in that CINDERELLA trailer.  Such a great change of pace from every other recent fantasy movie

I don't know.  If we all didn't already know what came first, I'd assume they were just re-imagining THE PRINCESS DIARIES as a costume piece.

Which brings me to my pitch:

THE BLUES BROTHERS as medieval minstrels.