DVDVR Message Board

2015 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING NONSENSE

RIPPA

Let's see if you too can pinpoint the exact moment I said "Nope. No fucking way I can watch this movie?"

(I probably should clarify non-snarky division)

Diablo Cody is writing the script for The Barbie Movie.

Wow - there is a name I had totally forgotten about

She's not a bad writer, but she never really recovered from all the Juno hype then Jennifer's Body flopping.

Her writing the Barbie movie is...just odd. Like, if it was a satire, sure. But this movie is obviously going to be aimed at kids.

Let's see if you too can pinpoint the exact moment I said "Nope. No fucking way I can watch this movie?"

http://youtu.be/DOjj07EuO50

Owen Wilson: Action Hero?

Was it when you realized that, once again, political unrest and atrocities in developing countries were being used to create a drama about white people?

• Like 1

http://youtu.be/DOjj07EuO50

Owen Wilson: Action Hero?

Was it when you realized that, once again, political unrest and atrocities in developing countries were being used to create a drama about white people?

... one of which is Owen Wilson?

• Like 2

Bunch of fucking babies out there crying that there will be another Ghostbusters movie featuring an all dudes team. 

Which makes TWO Ghostbusters movies we don't need. . . .

What's the point of announcing two competing movie in the same franchise at basically the same time?  More senseless bullshit from Sony

The crying I'm referring to are the idiots out there thinking that Sony is cutting the legs out from underneath the Paul Feig movie, or that the other movie, supposedly being directed by the Russo brothers, is "male centric."

First, they aren't coming out at the same time. All the people who have wanted more Ghostbusters movies got your wish, me included. Now you're probably getting this shit every year and most likely a joint female and male team Ghostbusters movie. I'm fine with that, but people somehow got it in mind that the male cast movie is going to come out at the same time and overshadow  the female cast movie.

Second, the larger outcry seems to be over the whole "male centric" thing without realizing it just means that the Ghostbusters team will just be dudes, like in the first Ghostbusters movie.

Third, it may star Channing Tatum AND Chris Pratt. MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! Have a Coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

EDIT: You = Gawker people and redditors

My own complaints with the "female Ghostbusters" and "male Ghostbusters" deal is that it will inevitably lead to a "third in the trilogy blockbuster crossover" that will be coldly calculated from day one like they are trying to create a "Marvel Universe" model but with Ghostbusters. Not to mention I am sure there will be some heavy-handed poorly done "battle of the sexes" undercurrent to everything when in reality all I want from a Ghostbusters movie is funny people cracking wise while going apeshit on a bunch of ghosts without any of this overarching universe/gender politic garbage.

I could give less of a fuck about any new Ghostbusters movie. I have a friend who is obsessed enough to actually own a Ghostbusters neon sign for his wall (like real neon tubes and everything like a bar sign), and I don't get it. Yeah, it's a good movie, yeah it was one of the first things I watched as a kid, but no I cannot be upset about any of this. And I saw Ghostbusters II in the theater.

(You fuck with The Goonies though, and the knife is coming out.)

• Like 3