DVDVR Message Board

2015 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING NONSENSE

RIPPA

Reed. Goddammit. There is a whole folder. 

I refuse to apologize for not being able to tell the 673 superhero threads apart.

I can't remember if the Fantastic Four are DC or Marvel. Does that make me bad? I don't know.

Reed. Goddammit. There is a whole folder. 

I refuse to apologize for not being able to tell the 673 superhero threads apart.

I can't remember if the Fantastic Four are DC or Marvel.

This..this is what Google is for.

Yeah, but I'm still suffering from PTSD from the fact they cast Jessica Alba as a genius nuclear scientist who wore glasses and was able to save the world and am therefore unable to go to google (what with all the shock).

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?

To top it off, they're allegedly trying to cast Bill Murray as the Walter Peck-esque villain in the new Ghostbusters.

I can't imagine he would say yes in a million years, but it's something to chew on.

He has too many parties to crash to bother with his acting career.

Yeah, but I'm still suffering from PTSD from the fact they cast Jessica Alba as a genius nuclear scientist who wore glasses and was able to save the world and am therefore unable to go to google (what with all the shock).

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?

The flashing Marvel logo after 20th Century Fox in the trailer should have been a dead fucking giveaway.

• Like 4

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2015/01/16/beetlejuice-2-something-wicked-gremlins-seth-grahame-smith/6/

STEPHEN KING'S IT

Seth Grahame-Smith is producing this two-film adaptation of King’s epic 1986 novel about a shapeshifting evil that feeds off the fear of children—most often in the form of a bloodthirsty clown known as Pennywise. Cary Fukunaga (True Detective) is directing and co-writing the first installment, which will focus solely on a group of kids who join forces to fight back against the malevolent force. A second film would pick up with the same characters as adults, returning home to discover It has resurrected.

The novel was previously adapted into an ABC miniseries in 1990, starring Tim Curry as the deranged, sharp-fanged clown.

“I think that if anything, the new film will bring back some of the viciousness of the book that they couldn’t do with the miniseries because it was for broadcast,” Grahame-Smith says. “I think it’s going to be very scary, but I also feel like you’ve got Cary who is going to direct these kids—and he’s incredible at casting, incredible at shooting. He’s incredible with tone and atmosphere. One of the things I wanted to do is be a part of one of the really good King adaptations. As we know, there is an echelon of King adaptations that are classics. There are some that are okay. There are some that we’d rather forget.”

Status: “We’re going to get a draft, what is supposed to be the shooting script, any day now from Cary and his writing partner,” Grahame-Smith says. “We’re doing a deal for them to write the second movie. Our hope is to prep sometime in the next few months and shoot in the summer. That one is as much on the runway as we can possibly be. I know New Line is ready to go.”

To top it off, they're allegedly trying to cast Bill Murray as the Walter Peck-esque villain in the new Ghostbusters.

I can't imagine he would say yes in a million years, but it's something to chew on.

He wouldn't make Ghostbusters 3 for the last quarter century, so why in the hell would he do this? As for casting, I like Kristen Wiig, and Mccarthy is there no matter what, but how about Aisha Tyler and literally anyone else for the last spot. At the rate their going, just add a fucking gorilla and have it be the cartoon rip off. . . 

I'm with Jae, I have no problem with that cast. and I would laugh my ass off if Murray signed on to be the villian. Maybe he didn't want to go back to being a Ghostbuster, and the idea of being the bad guy entices him more?

Maybe they're remaking the 70s show and McCarthy is playing Tracy the gorilla?

eta:  Can Paul Feig even make a funny PG-13 movie?  If the SPY trailer was any indication, he just relies on McCarthy swearing for laffs.