DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I feel like Ambrose/Nakamura would be great just for the sleazebaggiest and creepiest pairing to come down the pike in a long time in pro wrestling. Nakamura looks like a long-lost McPoyle sibling from Japan and Ambrose probably huffs paint under bridges so...yeah, it'd be like Liam vs. Charlie on "It's Always Sunny," except in wrestling. I'd pay for that. 

• Like 1

Ambrose vs. Suzuki (yeah I know he's freelance)

...or Ambrose vs. Gedo

EDIT: Ambrose/Nakamura would make a great tag team. Put them up against KENTA (now that he's hired) and Shibata, or just do KENTA vs. Shibata. Battle of the kickers!

Who gets to face Liger?

I am in the midst of watching Nitros from right before the nWo. 

Hogan gets the same response as Cena.

Almost as much Hulk merch in the crowd, also. Does this mean Bischoff shouldn't have turned Hogan? Does this mean Vince wouldn't have turned Hogan?

(Note: I'm not so sure Vince should turn Cena, but it's a constant conversation among my RL wrestling fan friends, and Cena = 2014 Hogan, so.....)

My impression is the live audience for ppvs and raws tends to skew older and smarkier. It gives the appearance that the Cena hate is much stronger than it actually is. 

The example I always give is I attended a house show at MSG in late 2012 headlined by Cena v. Ziggler in a cage. This was less than a week after the match they had at the TLC ppv which was Ziggler's coming out party. At the ppv Ziggler was the face and Cena was the heel. Yet at the house show, which was filled with families, Cena was crazy over. The kids were losing their minds for him and Ziggler came out to minimal reaction.

Mike: I might be able to but we'll see; I might be back to work by then depending on some x-rays tomorrow. If not the only thing getting in the way would be band practice because we're doing the Misfits cover band for Halloween again this year. I'll let you know!

The network folks are smarter than I thought. McMahon was predicting NASCAR-like compensation for their last TV deal, and everyone balked except for USA at a fraction of what he predicted. Ratings for this week, from the NYC hub, 2.63. Lowest since 2012. Panic and chaos coming soon.

How much of the Hogan WCW merch was comped? I don't imagine anyone is getting free Cena shirts, but I bet a bunch of people got free Hulkamania shirts in the WCW days.

Oh they were totally papering the crowd with free Hogan merch before the turn.