DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

"Well, I walked out on my dream gig because I'm totally burned out on the business, but you know what?  I'd totally love to take more money than everyone else on the roster combined to work your contractually-obligated death rattle of a UK tour!"

I kinda hope Batista comes back just in time to win the Royal Rumble for a second straight year.  The outrage would be incredible.

I figured they had Paige declare she was single on Twitter to get him to come back......

Like that would have stopped him.

• Like 1

I want a Piranesi explanation for how long blond hair Jon Moxley became The Lunatic Fringe.

The real life explanation is equally awesome: shortly after that match he moved to Puerto Rico to work for sheepherder Luke and was basically paid in drugs.

• Like 2

I wonder if that's why Dixie was in Chicago awhile back and negotiating to bring their plummeting ratings to WGN. I could think of worse situations for Punk...ask for ownership, commitment to a substantial budget and creative control, local tie-in with WGN and his precious Cubs.

Who am I kidding, TNA would fuck it up.

I wonder if that's why Dixie was in Chicago awhile back and negotiating to bring their plummeting ratings to WGN. I could think of worse situations for Punk...ask for ownership, commitment to a substantial budget and creative control, local tie-in with WGN and his precious Cubs.

Who am I kidding, TNA would fuck it up.

It would be fun to watch though. TNA could move their operations to Chicago and just run shows there. Make it like the old Chicago wrestling on youtube right now. CM Punk as the Buddy Rogers of the company would be so hilarious to watch. He would need a Bobby Davis though to start some riots.

Always crack me up how Dean Ambrose was basically a Hunter Hearst Helmsey rip off early in his career with absolutely none of the edge he has now. Remember when he debut with Sami Calihan as the Switchblade Conspiracy in CZW as was shocked how different and awesome he was

Is this part of the DVDVR Ambrose documentary? I imagine piranesi recording from the front porch of a house that's seen better days, capturing hammerva here in some coveralls, just'a rambling on in an old wooden rocking chair.

• Like 1

No one cares about indy shows.

I do, Preston City Wrestling is a bit of a laugh and I've been going to their shows since they held a freebie in the city centre a few months ago.

I go along, cheer the faces, boo the heels, heckle, you name it. I guess it's done in a fuckwit ironic way due to kayfabe being dead but it's more fun than being a smark

• Like 2

No one cares about indy shows.

I do, Preston City Wrestling is a bit of a laugh and I've been going to their shows since they held a freebie in the city centre a few months ago.

I go along, cheer the faces, boo the heels, heckle, you name it. I guess it's done in a fuckwit ironic way due to kayfabe being dead but it's more fun than being a smark

I was being facetious.

TNA could bring Punk in as a face, have him turn heel, have him challenge for the World title and somehow win the women's title, debut an alter ego named Wolliw (that is Willow spelled backwards), drop a shoot style pipe bomb promo, quit the company, come back in a shoot angle holding the women's title randsom, name drop the WWE 300 times, finally win the Wolrd title...only to lose it seconds later to a high as a kite Jeff Hardy.  This would all be taped for his first episode on iMPACT!

• Like 3

TNA could bring Punk in as a face, have him turn heel, have him challenge for the World title and somehow win the women's title, debut an alter ego named Wolliw (that is Willow spelled backwards), drop a shoot style pipe bomb promo, quit the company, come back in a shoot angle holding the women's title randsom, name drop the WWE 300 times, finally win the Wolrd title...only to lose it seconds later to a high as a kite Jeff Hardy.  This would all be taped for his first episode on iMPACT!

You forgot the rematch where he would have to shoot pin Hardy.