DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

A Rooty-Tooty Fruit-Booty Zooty Suity Riot.

Speaking of which, the Bound For Glory spoilers are up. Sounds... interesting.

Is there a new world champ? Oh wait, silly me, the world title wasn't defended. Are there new tag champs? Oh wait, silly me, the tag titles weren't defended. This is the biggest show of the year for TNA, right?

Their TV is taped months in advance at this point, they don't want to spend money not knowing where the next payday is coming from. I think their hands were tied with putting on a specialty PPV not based on the storylines and sharing talent.

The Nasties are fun in sloppy brawls and bomb-throwing contests where a team like the Steiners tries to give them brain damage with all the suplexes.

I've never enjoyed Beefcake in any of his forms, though. 

Just found this little tidbit on Gerweck.net.

Noelle Foley, WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley’s 20-year-old daughter, is now training to become a professional wrestler in Long Island, New York.

If nothing else, she has the best possible role model for what not to do.  (With the exception of David Benoit.)

• Like 2

Uproxx.com/prowrestling/2014/07/the-count-5-reasons-no-future-wwe-commentator-can-be-as-good-as-jim-ross/

5 reasons why they'll never be another J.R.

"He was an old man who only cared about Bar-B-Q and Oklahoma football" as a reason made me laugh way harder than it should.

extra point for the Instagram people who are replying as if Lana hating the US is a shoot.

So anyways... I was watching the Ding Dongs debut. I decided that they probably haven't done a deathmatch in Japan with two guys doing the Ding Dongs gimmick where the match includes a bunch of tiny bells draped all over the ropes and tons of bumps onto tiny bells. Hey, it'll be a change from the lighttube matches.

I don't know if the Belly to Belly suplex at 4:40 from the Ding Dongs debut was fucked up, or if they came up with a new Belly to Belly variant that nobody else decided to use. Also, guessing Herd would have noticed if the Ding Dongs were turned heel

LANA @LanaWWE  ·  14h 14 hours ago

VWOW !!!! We are still in 1994 in #WWESavannah ! NOT IMPRESSED !!!! #WWE #RusevCrush http://instagram.com/p/uD2HL0BK0c/ 

LANA @LanaWWE  ·  2h 2 hours ago

I hate every single thing about Atlanta. Worst city in the entire world.

This woman is the best.

God if only she wrestled. Her feuding with AJ over the Diva's title while "proving the superiority of Russian woman over tiny American girl" would be amazing.

EDIT: Wow Cougar Jay. That guy could have been Joey Ryan's dad.

I sincerely hope she doesn't read her comments. Whether it's the people replying to those by saying "durr stupid mark she's from Florida" or the...shall we say more unsavory comments that continually make me hate wrestling fans, they're almost all bad.

• Like 2

That Dan Severn video got me thinking. What do you guys think of Severn's time in the WWF? I absolutely loved the guy at the time, and I felt like he wasn't booked enough like a legitimate shitkicker. Especially with Shamrock on the roster at the same time.

Looking back on it now though, without the fanboy rage lens, I don't know that his work really holds up. Awesome theme, great presence, but for a legitimate amateur wrestling legend his ring work was kind of just flat. 

He's a guilty pleasure of mine and JR would always put him over huge on commentary as an educated guy, no frills, intense shit kicker. I think I was a mark for him coz he reminded me of the nutter dad off The Wanderers haha (skip to 1:38).

Sadly he just didn't fit with the era and direction of the company and that was a shame. His reign as NWA champion added some legitimacy to a belt that didn't mean much of anything anymore but I've not seen any defences outside of his Japan stuff and a poor match with Regal at an NWA convention.

As far as his promos/cadance etc - his voice reminds me of Daniel Day Lewis in Gangs of New York so it's also kinda intimidating

• Like 1

So, I must ask. Am I the only person here who has no fucking clue what the card for the HiaC is AND doesn't care? I know the WWE is legendarily awful during "off season" but wow. I almost feel bad for not giving a shit. I came back the WWE product with the summer of Punk and stuck around until about 3 months ago. Anyone else in the same boat? I don't have Dish anymore so I have no way to see Raw live anymore BUT I find I don't even miss it.

It's funny how they enter the "off season" after their "season premier". I mean, it's WWE, so you know it's not going away, but it's a bizarre reverse revolution. Comcast shut off my cable/internet/phone, so I can't really keep up as much, but maybe they'll pull a Royals and provide a strange change of pace and keep interests afloat enough to swim soundly into the Road to Wrestlemania.

The only thing that has been announced is Cena/Ambrose with the winner taking Rollins. They really need to start rolling out the matches soon. I would also like to see

Sheamus/Rusev

Usos/Dusts

Paige/AJ for the final time.

Cesaro/Ziggler

Swagger/Henry/Big Show v Bo Dallas/Kane/Orton

We will probably also get The Bellas in there somewhere.

I hope they do that just for the internet meltdown. Give AJ and Paige a two minute title match to boost it.

I do like that some people are ignoring how bad AJ and Paige have been together so they can bitch about the Bella feud. Haha

• Like 1