DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

How much of the Hogan WCW merch was comped? I don't imagine anyone is getting free Cena shirts, but I bet a bunch of people got free Hulkamania shirts in the WCW days.

Oh they were totally papering the crowd with free Hogan merch before the turn.

The network folks are smarter than I thought. McMahon was predicting NASCAR-like compensation for their last TV deal, and everyone balked except for USA at a fraction of what he predicted. Ratings for this week, from the NYC hub, 2.63. Lowest since 2012. Panic and chaos coming soon.

It's football season. Anyway, I expect huge numbers with Todd Chrisley guest starring next week.

So aside from Sandow, who could do a Nise CM Punk for them? Somebody from the indies? You know they're too ashamed to not go vengeance route like that, in the style of mini-Bret or Gillberg, but if they ever got really hurting and Vince was slavering with hatred for all those he thought brought him down. In that case I imagine there could be a Nise Lesnar too...

The network folks are smarter than I thought. McMahon was predicting NASCAR-like compensation for their last TV deal, and everyone balked except for USA at a fraction of what he predicted. Ratings for this week, from the NYC hub, 2.63. Lowest since 2012. Panic and chaos coming soon.

It's football season. Anyway, I expect huge numbers with Todd Chrisley guest starring next week.

Ratings were shit prior to football, and amazingly, there was football in 2013. You know things are bad when they lose to preseason basketball. Oh well, you guys would rather fantasy book than discuss the demise of the WWE.

Isn't that part of why Jericho left, because a toy two pack of him and Eddy that his wife bought rang up Hogan/Sting?

I believe it was him and Malenko, but according to his book, yes.

Didn't they also send him a royalty check for $0.00?

Look at this fuckin' guy...

COUNTERPOINT (containing things worse than the Team Challenge Series):

The Authority may think they know what's best for business, but Todd Chrisley from USA Network's "Chrisley Knows Best" original series just might want to challenge that come Raw this Monday.

One night before his self-titled, real-life family comedy kicks off season two on USA, Chrisley will make a special appearance, live on Monday Night Raw in Atlanta.

Also: NeNe Leakes to guest star Atlanta's Raw

The "Patriarch of Perfection" is infamous for quick-witted one-liners and an overprotective, extreme parenting style. (Ever met a dad with tracking devices on all of his kids' cars?) In the first season, viewers joined the Chrisleys for many crazy milestones and over-the-top family adventures. Will the Raw roster embrace Chrisley should the outspoken reality TV star try to apply his parenting skills toward the WWE locker room?

Plus, what will happen if Chrisley crosses streams with Raw's scheduled celebrity guest star, NeNe Leakes of "Real Housewives of Atlanta"?

Tune in to Raw live at 8/7 CT this Monday night to see what happens! Then, catch the season premiere of "Chrisley Knows Best" on Tuesday night with two back-to-back episodes of the laugh-out-loud reality series.

Ratings were shit prior to football, and amazingly, there was football in 2013. You know things are bad when they lose to preseason basketball. Oh well, you guys would rather fantasy book than discuss the demise of the WWE.

Gonzalez is back I see.

• Like 3

Oh well, you guys would rather fantasy book than discuss the demise of the WWE.

Well, I know I would.  How about this, a Raw/Fat Albert crossover episode.  Two new kids in the neighborhood, Miz and Sandow, convince Rudy of the benefits of pretending to be other people.  Rudy winds up stealing Fat Albert's identity, leading to short-term gains and utter hilarity.  However, when trouble befalls the real Fat Albert thanks to Miz and Sandow's shenanigans, it's up to Rudy to be save the day and be a true friend.  Throw in bits with Bill Cosby in the junkyard ranting about nothing in particular, a cartoon within the cartoon (Brown Hornet meets Mr. McMahon or something, whatever), a song by the gang that wraps everything up nicely, and there you go.  Enough fantasy booking to chew up three hours on a Monday, RD Reynolds won't have to write a book on the Death of WWE, each and every crisis averted.

• Like 1