DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Let's hope Nick Hogan never does get into wrestling at any level. TMZ would be all over whatever worked shooty shoot shoot promo his opponent cuts on him. I'll leave it at that.

Didn't he start training and then quit because he didn't like taking bumps or something?

"I'll do bumps anytime you want!"

No Nick, TAKING bumps. Not doing bumps.

"I...*hard sniff* Nah I'm good I gotta go walk this off."

*does a bump, leaves wrestling school forever*

• Like 1

Nic Nemeth seems like the type of guy that would wear the belt backwards through the airport like he does on TV just for kicks. Not saying that as insult like he takes himself too seriously. On the contrary its more like he's a free spirit that wants the world to know he is a champion.

Isn't there a weight limit for carry-on? And aren't those belts pretty hefty? Makes sense to check it in that case. Well, some sense.

It's a belt. Wrap it around your waist, put it in the case with your laptop when it goes through the scanner, then shove it into your bag while you're getting a Cinnabon.

What is the premise of the movie Dean Ambrose filmed? I would like both the real answer and piranesi's answer.

It's basically a ripoff of Assault on Precinct 13

Could be ok if they let Dean go nuts. Is he the lead? Or is this more like "Wade Barrett in that Colin Farrell flick?"

I hated boots.  Wore them once or twice and sold them.  I wore high top boxing shoes for the last few years of my career.  MUCH better support.  Also, yeah, it would be tough for Dolph to carry on that belt.  Most high end belts are a legit 10lbs. at least.

Dude, I'd be the biggest belt mark in history. I'd wear it everywhere - fancy restaurant, sauna, strip club. Everyone would know without a shadow of a doubt that the champ is here. And I'd ape this pose whenever I walked into a room:

26295_original.jpg

• Like 3

Belts aren't THAT heavy, and they really don't care about weight on a carryon.  You get one laptop bag and one "personal item" bag, so bite the bullet, get a metal briefcase and toss the belt in there like the stars do.  

From my experiences with wrestling boots they give absolutely no real ankle support.  Look at poor Sid.  

I'm watching Starrcade '95 and they're doing the WCW vs. NJPW best-of-seven series. Assuming WWE did a PPV today with WWE vs. NJPW matchups, which matchups would y'all most want to see?