DVDVR Message Board

JULY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

And here I am thinking we were past the point of people STILL caring about Sting in 20-goddamn-14. He is old, has paper knees, and isn't a wrestling name to anyone who didn't watch WCW... Especially almost 20 years past his prime. It's hard to watch Taker try to still go. It will be embarrassing for Sting like that turd that won't flush aka RVD.

Give it a break.

That's an interesting point. It's been over 13 years since Sting was on a wrestling program that drew better than a 1.0 on a weekly basis.

It's weird how people were admitting to cringe watching MITB but it's a-okay to watch old men do basic bumps without knowing if the old bastard can get up on his own.

Stopped watching TNA because I was not okay with watching old, deseparate being trotted out because a few fans wanted to relive their childhood that was fucking 30 years ago.

The MR. NANNY How did this get made is up! Rob Corddry is the guest.

It opens with Iron Sheik as the voice of Garfield as an alarm clock app ("Odie, You are FUCKING IDIOT GET UP!!!") and just gets better and better.

Although the wrestling nerd in me was wanting to scream to them "Randy Savage isn't Macho Man's real name either!!!!!"

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/mr-nanny-live/

• Like 1

The 'wet look' has gone completely insane and needs to go. Bo Dallas looks like he just swam a couple of laps in the pool before coming through the curtain and Seth Rollins is literally creating large water spots in and around the ring by just standing in one spot. I guess its going to take someone (a top guy like Cena, Kane, Big Show, Lesnar, etc.) slipping on a water spot for WWE to stop the wet look. I don't mind guys wetting their hair alittle like Ziggler or like what Sid did back in the day- but fuck!

The MR. NANNY How did this get made is up! Rob Corddry is the guest.

It opens with Iron Sheik as the voice of Garfield as an alarm clock app ("Odie, You are FUCKING IDIOT GET UP!!!") and just gets better and better.

Although the wrestling nerd in me was wanting to scream to them "Randy Savage isn't Macho Man's real name either!!!!!"

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/mr-nanny-live/

Bless you.  Been waiting for this for a LONG time.

• Like 1

The 'wet look' has gone completely insane and needs to go. Bo Dallas looks like he just swam a couple of laps in the pool before coming through the curtain and Seth Rollins is literally creating large water spots in and around the ring by just standing in one spot. I guess its going to take someone (a top guy like Cena, Kane, Big Show, Lesnar, etc.) slipping on a water spot for WWE to stop the wet look. I don't mind guys wetting their hair alittle like Ziggler or like what Sid did back in the day- but fuck!

Reigns said in an interview a few weeks ago that the Shield was doing it so no one could grab them as they were coming out of the crowd.

He also said that Bo dumps 5 bottles of water on himself and everyone looks at him like "What the hell are you doing?"

Forget Dianetics. I think Bo is slowly discovering the various non conformist movements of the 60s and drawing upon them for inspiration. Soon on Raw, he will be quoting Allen Ginsberg and telling us about his new conference/art collective: 

The Dialectics of LiBOration.

• Like 4

Reigns said in an interview a few weeks ago that the Shield was doing it so no one could grab them as they were coming out of the crowd.

He also said that Bo dumps 5 bottles of water on himself and everyone looks at him like "What the hell are you doing?"

Ridiculous. Isn't there fear of quality water becoming an increasingly valuable (in monetary terms) resource in the not too distant future? They're just wasting it!

Also, can anyone recommend me some Prince Devitt matches?

Teaming with Sting is the only way Cena will ever turn heel. It'll be completely involuntary and he'll have no idea why he did it but he will.

I checked the Cagematch database for Sting tag partners.  (I'm assuming it includes all tag matches and not just four-man tag matches.) 

#1 is Lex Luger with 154 matches.  How many times did Lex turn on Sting? 

#2 is Dustin Rhodes with 44 matches.  Not turning on Sting is what drove him to go nuts and become Goldust.  Seeing Sting in TNA made him recall the drama and led him to become Black Reign. 

#3 is Ricky Steamboat with 32 matches.  If he hadn't been injured, would he have inevitably turned on Sting? 

#4 is Randy Savage with 29 matches. 

#5 is a tie at 27 matches for Davey Boy Smith and El Gigante.  Sting and El Gigante won 100% of the matches where they teamed together.

The only time that Lex actually turned on Sting I believe was late in 1999. 

Edit: Also in 2002 in the WWA according to Wiki

I know that Nattie trained in the Hart Dungeon and all, but this is taking it a little too far.

Christopher Donnelly, a prisoner in the state of Pennsylvania, recently filed a lawsuit against WWE and Natalya. Donnelly actually made a several page hand-written filing and alleged that Natalya is an evil dominatrix that abused him mentally, physically and emotionally from 2005 until 2009.

I can't remember if Bo Dallas wrestles with a shirt on or not, which is pretty telling about him. But if he comes out in a drenched shirt every time he wrestles and manages to take it off, then more power to him.

I know that Nattie trained in the Hart Dungeon and all, but this is taking it a little too far.

Christopher Donnelly, a prisoner in the state of Pennsylvania, recently filed a lawsuit against WWE and Natalya. Donnelly actually made a several page hand-written filing and alleged that Natalya is an evil dominatrix that abused him mentally, physically and emotionally from 2005 until 2009.

We get it Nattie. You want to be taken seriously as a worker. Now quit bringing lawsuits under assumed names and learn how a figure four reversal works.  

Does a session with Mistress Natalya include being smothered by her dad's stomach?

What about leading up to the SuperBrawl II match?

Luger had turned heel the year before on Windham.

I say it still counts. If Sting could stay friends with Luger after Lex joined the Dungeon of Doom, I can believe they were still friends for a little while after he joined up with Harley.