DVDVR Message Board

JULY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

The official video:

I do hope he gets some kind of send off apart from that terrible BBQ skit last week.

Is there video of him anywhere speaking in his normal voice? 

The official video:

I do hope he gets some kind of send off apart from that terrible BBQ skit last week.

Is there video of him anywhere speaking in his normal voice? 

Yep

I am not sure where to post this, and I may do this again in the coming weeks, but we are doing a feud retrospective for a podcast that I am an occasional contributor.

One of the first feuds I suggested was Foley and HHH as I feel there is a lot of ground to cover there.

This is what I thought was the key stuff to cover with it. Am I missing anything?

1) King of the Ring 1997

2) Canadian Stampede

3) Summerslam 1997 (Cage Match)

4) MSG RAW (Cactus Jack Debut)

5) Summerslam 1999 Main Event (Triple Threat for WWF Title)

6) RAW the next night (HHH's First Title Win)

7) Royal Rumble 2000

8) No Way Out 2000

I know there's the Mania 2000 angle, but I am not sure that is necessary for this discussion.

I would ignore 5) and 6).  The feud there was Austin vs. HHH.  Foley was only stuck in there at the last minute so Jesse could raise a face's hand. 

If you can find them, I'd replace them with the Rock/Mankind "loser gets fired" RAW match that restarted the HHH feud from 12/27/99 and the DX vs. Rock/Mankind/Acolytes RAW match from 1/10/00 where HHH just DESTROYS Foley to set up the Rumble match.

Mick's participation at Mania 2000 should be scrubbed from history

Agreed.  The should Benoit him from the event.  

The worst booking idea ever for that Mania was watering down your money match (Rock vs. HHH) and turning it into that four way.

I was thinking about that last night. The booking and the build going into that was kind of convoluted.

You obviously had four guys that were intertwined, but that was not something the paying public cared to see.

If you combine a solid Rock/HHH match with that ladder match, you have a more fondly remembered WrestleMania.

They were able to extend the Rock/HHH feud into Backlash and get a great buyrate. 

I am not sure where to post this, and I may do this again in the coming weeks, but we are doing a feud retrospective for a podcast that I am an occasional contributor.

One of the first feuds I suggested was Foley and HHH as I feel there is a lot of ground to cover there.

This is what I thought was the key stuff to cover with it. Am I missing anything?

1) King of the Ring 1997

2) Canadian Stampede

3) Summerslam 1997 (Cage Match)

4) MSG RAW (Cactus Jack Debut)

5) Summerslam 1999 Main Event (Triple Threat for WWF Title)

6) RAW the next night (HHH's First Title Win)

7) Royal Rumble 2000

8) No Way Out 2000

I know there's the Mania 2000 angle, but I am not sure that is necessary for this discussion.

I would ignore 5) and 6).  The feud there was Austin vs. HHH.  Foley was only stuck in there at the last minute so Jesse could raise a face's hand. 

If you can find them, I'd replace them with the Rock/Mankind "loser gets fired" RAW match that restarted the HHH feud from 12/27/99 and the DX vs. Rock/Mankind/Acolytes RAW match from 1/10/00 where HHH just DESTROYS Foley to set up the Rumble match.

I thought about doing the Radicalz Debut where they beat the crap out of Foley after Foley brought them out as his "new friends" also.

Apparently Sting is teasing showing up next Monday.

I am not sure if I should be excited or fearful that they rehash the Sting vs. NWO with The Authority taking the place of the NWO.

Chances are it gets him a Summerslam send off match.

I think Sting and Cena should be at WM31 the Franchise Player of WCW vs the Franchise Player of the WWE. They should tag before hand and have even if for a week a Tag title run.

• Like 1

I think Sting and Cena should be at WM31 the Franchise Player of WCW vs the Franchise Player of the WWE.

With special guest referee Shane Douglas!

I see Tommy as more of the real franchise of ECW. He seemed more like the franchise player of a "real" sports team; tough formative rookie years where he had to prove himself to the jaded fans, also he was around for the glory days would get his points but didnt mind sitting on the bench and letting the Stars getting in their minutes and on the highlight reels but he was the one who there until the bitter end still contributing showing up everyday even when the writing was on the wall. Douglas is more like Lebron to me he was the franchise but got increasingly more disillusioned and left at the first chance at a real opportunity, twice. 

I think Sting and Cena should be at WM31 the Franchise Player of WCW vs the Franchise Player of the WWE. They should tag before hand and have even if for a week a Tag title run.

Finally, someone that won't turn on Sting...maybe.

I think Sting and Cena should be at WM31 the Franchise Player of WCW vs the Franchise Player of the WWE.

With special guest referee Shane Douglas!

I see Tommy as more of the real franchise of ECW. He seemed more like the franchise player of a "real" sports team; tough formative rookie years where he had to prove himself to the jaded fans, also he was around for the glory days would get his points but didnt mind sitting on the bench and letting the Stars getting in their minutes and on the highlight reels but he was the one who there until the bitter end still contributing showing up everyday even when the writing was on the wall. Douglas is more like Lebron to me he was the franchise but got increasingly more disillusioned and left at the first chance at a real opportunity, twice. 

When Shane left in 99, he really had no choice. He was being consistently jobbed out and not being paid. 

Really hurt the booking when he left, because he was the only guy who could make that shit work. 

Shane Douglas is like Patrick Ewing to me it seems like he was playing hurt most his career but was still gave his heart to the crowd then when he got to Seattle (or WCW in Shanes case) he was old hunched over sweating profusely and a shell of his former self.

• Like 4