DVDVR Message Board

JULY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

This might have been mentioned in the RAW thread but if so it is already buried.

This calendar year - the WWE has had the following "major" Battle Royals

- Royal Rumble

- Andre Memorial

- US Title

- Diva's #1 Contender

- Final Spot in MITB Championship Match

- IC Title (Planned)

That is... a lot

It's one thing if you are going to run a Bunkhouse Stampede type gimmick but yeah.

Of course - if they wanted to do the IC Title Battle Royal as a Bunkhouse Stampede - I might get the Network just to see it

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! Both of these patriotic t-shirt designs from Cracked are relevant and one is scaring me a little. They're not technically photos and are about t-shirts, so they are probably allowed in here. U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

291778_v1.jpg291768_v1.jpg

Indy rasslin in my neck of the woods for July:

Thursday 7/10:  WLW at the Troy(MO) fairgrounds.  May go to this simply because I've never been to a WLW show and it always conflicts with other shows when they're on the weekend.

Saturday 7/12:  Dynamo in Glen Carbon(stroke benefit), MMWA at South Broadway in St. Louis
Saturday 7/26:  SICW in East Carondelet with Ox Baker appearing, WLW in Troy(MO) at their new training facility

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! Both of these patriotic t-shirt designs from Cracked are relevant and one is scaring me a little. They're not technically photos and are about t-shirts, so they are probably allowed in here. U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

291778_v1.jpg291768_v1.jpg

Not phalic enough.

I don't watch much TNA, but I attended the Bethlehem tapings a few weeks ago.  Rockstar Spud emerged as the star, imo.  I'm not saying he can be the biggest thing in the business, but with the WWE having Heyman and Zeb with some success, I'd love to see Spud come in and take on the Jimmy Hart role.  I know I'd have been more invested in Rybaxel if they had Spud running around in their corner.

I'm more sad that they didn't bring back the King of the Ring, with the winner getting the IC title.

It will be more disappointing that they didn't do that if they put the title on Cesaro since he has the jacket already and everything

I am also amused that the WWE is using "Jungle" for the Battleground theme considering we have only heard it about a billion times during the World Cup (among other places)

It really is the new No Church In the Wild

I'm more sad that they didn't bring back the King of the Ring, with the winner getting the IC title.

It will be more disappointing that they didn't do that if they put the title on Cesaro since he has the jacket already and everything

Both he and BNB have those awesome capes.

Unfortunately, they're also both injured.  God damn it, maybe Edna Mole was right.

Both he and BNB have those awesome capes.

Unfortunately, they're also both injured.  God damn it, maybe Edna Mole was right.

MODE. Edna MODE, you filthy heathen.

• Like 1

Please don't be stupid this month

Speaking of stupid.   Emma missed Raw yesterday because she was arrested for shoplifting at Wal-Mart.  

From Hartford.gov: 

wwe-diva-emma-arrested.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, Rippa and I are rolling out the one-liners about this right now.

So far we have - 

Well, she may as well get used to it, I guess.  After she gets released, she will need to shoplift to survive on TNA money

and 

Yeah - I guess she better hope that Shimmer doesnt mind hiring people with sketchy pasts.  People with sketchy pasts are Shimmer's target audience, right?

This stuff basically writes itself.

• Like 1

Poor poor crazy diamond

In the State of Connecticut, sixth-degree larceny is a shoplifting charge of an item worth $250 or Less. The crime, if convicted, could lead to a sentence of up to 3 months in jail and/or fines up to $500. It is considered a Class C Misdemeanor.

So I am assuming it will come out that she will claim that she "forgot" that she put on a necklace or something like that and walked out of the store with it on.

You have the right to Emmamain silent.  Emmathing you say may be used Emmagainst you in a court of law.  You have the right to represemmatation.  If you cannot afford represemmatation, represemmatation will be emmapointed to you.

Do you Emmastand each of these rights that have been Emmasplained to you?

• Like 14

Poor poor crazy diamond

In the State of Connecticut, sixth-degree larceny is a shoplifting charge of an item worth $250 or Less. The crime, if convicted, could lead to a sentence of up to 3 months in jail and/or fines up to $500. It is considered a Class C Misdemeanor.

So I am assuming it will come out that she will claim that she "forgot" that she put on a necklace or something like that and walked out of the store with it on.

Hell, you could book Paul Diamond to appear at an indy show for that kind of money.

• Like 1