DVDVR Message Board

JULY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

JOHN CENA IS TURNING HEEL!!!!!

...for a Tina Fey movie.

John Cena to Turn Heel for Fey & Poehler's The Nest

Ign.com/articles/2014/07/01/john-cena-to-turn-heel-for-fey-poehlers-the-nest

Guys this could be John Cena's way out of the business our way out of John Cena.

JOHN CENA IS TURNING HEEL!!!!!

...for a Tina Fey movie.

John Cena to Turn Heel for Fey & Poehler's The Nest

Ign.com/articles/2014/07/01/john-cena-to-turn-heel-for-fey-poehlers-the-nest

Guys this could be John Cena's way out of the business our way out of John Cena.

You missed your chance when you failed to buy a John Cena album so that he would be encouraged to spend as much time touring as Chris Jericho does.

Imagine what the hell Dean Ambrose does with self checkout availability?

He waits in the regular line so everyone can see that he's buying magnums

Check out?  He camps in the frozen food section like the Bundys

married_with_children.jpg

• Like 3

So what are some Roddy Piper and Jake Roberts matches worth going out of one's way to find?

On this note, is there anything of Jake Roberts's work in Stampede worth tracking down on YouTube or Daily Motion? I have only seen the Roberts/Ritter Ladder Match from the WWE Ladder Match DVD. 

You know what's tragic? It turns out Emma stole that Ipad case to give to Santino for his Ipad which he loved very much. And she didn't even realize that earlier in the day, he had sold his Ipad in order to buy her a beautiful new frame for her Walmart© Honest Shopper© award which she was very proud of.

I'm going to take a like back.

Piper vs Hitman at WM 8.

I probably should have mentioned besides this one as I'm looking more for stuff I haven't seen and have heard little about. This is the one really good Piper match I hear talked about often.

Piper vs Valentine US title dog collar match

Will check out thanks.

You know what's tragic? It turns out Emma stole that Ipad case to give to Santino for his Ipad which he loved very much. And she didn't even realize that earlier in the day, he had sold his Ipad in order to buy her a beautiful new frame for her Walmart© Honest Shopper© award which she was very proud of.

I'm going to take a like back.

Come on. The gift of the carny magi needs more love.

I don't think I've ever forgotten to pay for something in a self-checkout, but my local Walmart used to have a night cashier for a month or two who was legitimately terrible at his job.  I got a 35 dollar dvd set for free because he forgot to scan it once, and a very cheap t-shirt the same way on a different occasion.  I didn't even notice either time until later, when I realized I'd gotten more change (in the one case, way more change) than I should have, and double checked my receipt later.

Shockingly, he didn't last long, but he was awesome.

Just a couple of weeks ago, my wife got a 20 dollar video game for free from our Walmart because of a cashier that didn't scan it.  She didn't even notice until she looked at the receipt.  Doubt that cashier will be there much longer, but I should really try for a more expensive game.

I'm glad I haven't missed the boat on self-checkout talk. Two bits:

1) I bought a bunch of bananas but when selecting them on the screen gimmick I just put 'banana' so it only charged me 29p coz it thought it was just one.

2) When using one early in the morning one day I actually said thank you to the self service machine when it gave me my change

Also, I was listening to the Shield on the Onnit podcast that someone mentioned. Cracked up at the idea that Reigns and Rollins go home to families and Ambrose goes directly to VEGAS to party

Since she might join us one day, I thought this should be posted here.

If you have COMCAST, it is currently on DEMAND under the UFC 175 section. Damn good documentary.

Ronda Rousey: Breaking Ground examines the remarkable rise of the first female champion in UFC history. Using Ronda's lifelong desire to be a superhero as a theme throughout, the program details the childhood trauma and the complicated relationship with her mother that has fueled her athletic endeavors. Featuring interviews with Ronda, her mother, her friends and coaches and UFC President Dana White, it's the first comprehensive analysis of one of professional sports true pioneers.

Piper vs Hitman at WM 8.

I probably should have mentioned besides this one as I'm looking more for stuff I haven't seen and have heard little about. This is the one really good Piper match I hear talked about often.

Gotcha. In that case, check out Piper/Flair/Kevin Greene vs Hall/Nash/Syxx at Slamboree 1997. It's one of the best NWO matches, as well as one of the best performances by a celebrity in a match. Kevin Greene could have been really good if he'd become a wrestler when he retired from football.

• Like 1

Not to derail the Walmart conversation, but I was doing something on the genre of match that is the tag team, all over the arena brawl. They can be terrible if it's just walking around the arena in a headlock, but when violent and crazy enough they really are my favorite type of match.

There were a ton in ECW, the concession stand brawls in Memphis, The Nasty Boys matches in WCW (the two with Cactus, and one with Harlem Heat from Uncensored 95), The Shield/Evolution matches and the TLC against Team Hell No and Ryback, and there was even a decent Dudley Boys/Outsiders match at Lockdown 2010.

This probably warrants its own thread, but what are some other stand outs?

Here's a few Indy ones worth checking out:

H8 Club vs Necro Butcher/Toby Klein from CZW 6/11/05 Falls Count Anywhere. It is pretty crazy.

Samoa Joe/Homicide vs Briscoe Brothers twice from late 2006 ROH. Also from their 100th Show, Samoa Joe/BJ Whitmer/Adam Pearce vs Super Dragon/Chris Hero/Necro Butcher

Samoa Joe/Jay Lethal vs Homicide/Low Ki from Punk's last show breaks down into a crazy brawl

• Like 2

Oh another good Indy brawl!

Cheech and Cloudy vs Matt Turner and Anthony Franco from Chikara 2005 Young Lions Cup 2005 Night 3. Featuring the late Larry Sweeney, Blind Rage and Hallowicked on commentary.

• Like 1